Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I have no idea what that is!

Current Transfomer

The CT :slight_smile:

I personally use an IoTaWatt system, fantastic bit of kit.

3 Likes

Thanks. A$9.35 + A$5.30 shipping makes them close to $15 which seems too high considering just about every other ESP8266 module is just a few dollarsā€¦ I guess buying more than one brings the shipping per unit downā€¦

I think David responded to the wrong post :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very confusing. Is this the one I want (120A)? It says its only rated for 110-120v, where I need 240v. Right?

Do you mind posting the link

Here you goā€¦
https://www.u-buy.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/19331112/s/shelly-em-smart-energy-meter-with-wifi-monitor-power-consumption-rel

Ignore the preview, it is a link to a 120A clamp version.

I havenā€™t looked into these prior to today but at a quick look they seem to be rated to 240V. My concern is that all websites seem to import from the USA and will almost certainly not be Aus Certified (the title of this thread). Not many sellers in Aus, likely because no one has had that model certified yet.

Found it cheaper too.

1 Like

Yeah, thats what I was trying for find out. If they were suitable for installation here or not.

Thatā€™s a good point. It is not certified for use in Australia. Even the UL listed version.

So the shelly is out then?

Agreed - was surprised I couldnā€™t find an aus supplier - so many times Iā€™ve considered buying bulk and just reselling, but the time it would take me to ship them wouldnā€™t be worth the money.

Hi all,

Can anyone with an Arlec Grid Connect Fan (DCF4002WHA) tell me how to put the fan in pairing mode? Iā€™ve lost my LocalTuya setup and need to reinstall/re-pair everything.

TIA
Anthony

Just a thought. Could I use the CT clamps that are already in place on my breaker board with either the shelly (if I can find an Oz rated one) for the IoTaWatt system?

Most likely not with the Shelly EM. They are calibrated for use with their own 120A or 50A CTs.

Why do you already have CTā€™s in your board? Open circuit CTā€™s are extremely dangerous as the voltage across them (without a burden) can be VERY high.

Why not use an esp? CT Clamp Current Sensor ā€” ESPHome

1 Like

The CT is connected to an existing power monitoring system that has been there for quite some time. Years I think. It still works via a system called energomonitor.