Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Here is an example. This is a shame as it was exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like
2 Likes

So they only show cumulative power/energy? not individual sockets?

1 Like

Correct. It has power, voltage, current and energy (total lifetime), representing the total draw for the unit, not individual sockets.

Whatā€™s confusing is the device config Iā€™m trying for Z2M (from @drmcinnes) lists voltage, current and power under the ā€œleftā€ endpoint, despite the values being global - so if you have a load on the right, and nothing on the left, it comes through in HA as ā€œdevice_power_leftā€ (being both left & right combined).

The quality of the smart switches are quite good, they are solid, and well put together. Theyā€™ve even thought about safety, there are separate chambers between the high voltage 240v side, and the 5v side for the esp chip. ESP chip (on a board) is removable with just a philips head.

Iā€™ve installed 20ish of them in my house.

1 Like

Hey Tom, FYI just updated my Zigbee Coordinator and decided to go with z2m. Can confirm it as working. Has some generic picture, but hey :man_shrugging: everything working great

z2m

1 Like

Thanks!

On a related note, are there any Zigbee dual light dimmer dimmer modules or plates that work with Zigbee2MQTT that are Aus certified?

Something like these two items

But rolled into oneā€¦ (** NOT available in stores, image edited by ME **) ā€¦ as far as i know ?

Probably could Frankenstein something together, but as far as being certified, not sure ???
@sparkydave could maybe enlighten us about this ?

When you look at it; nearly $100 all up, you could even put a small, OLD Tablet/Phone possibly ??
Which, in-turn would give you even more options. Not exactly sure about your use case, but just giving you something else to think about ( not like you have other things to-do :wink: )

Just giving you my thoughts. Take care my friend :+1:

Iā€™m thinking I might just buy this:

And learn how to write custom devices for zigbee2mqtt. Thereā€™s already a single gang device file: 3A Nue Smart Light Dimmer Switch AU (HGZB-4D) Zigbee compatibility

Yes I added the handlers for the Nue Light/Fan switch. The instructions on how to do it were ok from memory.

1 Like

I appreciate this is not a direct match for the topic, but I canā€™t think of a better place to ask this rather important tangential question.

Iā€™m wondering about electrical laws (Iā€™m in NSW if this makes a major difference) and what the limits are when it comes to low voltage DC. Specifically, thinking about PV and batteries around 48v DC. Low voltage but definitely could be high amperage.

Does anyone know the regulation about unlicensed people doing work on non-grid-connected low voltage? Imagine a shed or garage isolated from the mains. Can the DC side of things be legally setup by a user, and then have a sparky connect an inverter and wire the AC side of the equation?

To be eligible for government rebates, the designer and installer of your solar PV system must be accredited by the Clean Energy Council.

Thanks Tom. Iā€™m not interested in rebates. I just want to make sure Iā€™m obeying relevant laws.

The relevant legislative codes are behind paywalls. But hereā€™s an article to give some clues:

Scroll down to the section of DIY off-grid systems.

5 Likes

Thank you, @wattmatters!

I can vouch for 3:

Tunigyv from Hobbyking: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/18650-type-2500mah-3-7v-8c.html?queryID=5f9375e1ee741d04dd8181c62b3854db&objectID=59748&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

eBay seller supersport600.
Although I quickly checked and Iā€™m not sure they have stock? Or maybe stopped trading. Not sure.

And these cheap Bunnings jobs arenā€™t too bad either depending on your needs.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/solar-magic-2200mah-lithium-ion-rechargeable-batteries-2-pack_p4352437

The first two came up as recommendations when I was searching (on Reddit etc). They are all working pretty wellā€¦

And you may be interested in these too. They are pretty decent but the usb connector can come off quite easily add noted in the reviews. I give them some extra solder.

AU $8.24 14%OFF | TZT WEMOS WiFi & Bluetooth Battery ESP32 development tool ESP32 battery esp8266 ESP WROOM 32 ESP32 good

Iā€™ve been sprinkling lots of these cheapies around the place lately.

But you probably wonā€™t win any style awards;)

Did you reply to the wrong person?

That is neither zigbee nor a dual dimmer.

No it was meant to you.

But yeah I guess looking at it again it is a bit off your topic :frowning:

More just that I find these cheap remotes good substitutes for other types of control panels and thought you may have some interest.

I use them as light dimmers amongst other things (with dimmable smart bulbs).