Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any luck getting the energy monitoring info to come through tuya to home assistant with this device? Only have the switch info. Wondering if I need to convert it to tasmota (and if there is a guide for it - does tasmota support energy monitoring?)
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-power-plug-with-energy-monitoring-42905868/?

Should be fine Mirabella Genio Power Monitoring Plug (42905868) Configuration for Tasmota

I have a tuya plug and was able to get energy monitoring to work with HA.
If you want it to play nicely on an energy dashboard, you may need to convert the tuya plug power measurement to an HA energy sensor. Some custom yaml typically needed sort of like thisā€¦

# kitchen fridge plug (medion)
  - platform: integration
    name: fridge plug energy
    source: sensor.fridge_plug_power
    unit_prefix: k
    unit_time: h
    method: left

If you want to convert to tasmotaā€¦ that is fineā€¦ but you donā€™t really need to if energy monitor is your thing.

just my 2 centsā€¦

So I just connected this to Zigbee2mqtt and it worked out of the box. Two switch/dimmers connected no hassle.

Win!

1 Like

Is this a plugin in home assistant?
Are you using a usb adapter for zigbee or something like sonoff zigbee hub?

Itā€™s an addon. https://github.com/zigbee2mqtt/hassio-zigbee2mqtt

Iā€™m using one of Tubeā€™s CC2652P2 Ethernet Zigbee adaptors. https://www.tubeszb.com/product/cc2652_coordinator/39

1 Like

Are you using led lights / downlights with the dimmers? curious if they play nicey with leds. (ie. no flicker / dim to correct brightness)

Iā€™m planning to use LEDs.

Currently I have eight 50W halogen downlights in place in the dining room which would exceed the power rating of the dimmer (150W / channel) but they have a nice warm light so Iā€™ve been reluctant to replace them.

I have ordered some Phillips Master LED GU10s that have a CRI > 90 compared to most others at a CRI of 80 and are supposed to be dimmable.

At the moment Iā€™m just testing the dimmer wired up to a couple of table lamps with incandescent bulbs so I canā€™t really get a good feel for the flicker.

I have noticed that if I use the wall plate to adjust the brightness it does not update the home assistant brightness slider. Going to open an issue for that right now.

Iā€™ve got a heap of these (mainly because the shop is close to home) and although the CRI is 80, they look really good . 3 colour temps to choose from using the switch on the back. They seem to dim well for me using Aeotec Nano z-wave dimmers.

1 Like

can i ask - was that an Office Works Brilliant plug that you had sitting around, previously converted? or one purchased new?

I purchased a bulk lot a year ago.

1 Like

Just wanted to mention an issue I just encountered. These Sercomm switches seem to have an issue with Xiaomi door sensors (maybe more types Iā€™m not sure) whereby the sensors drop offline and have to be re-paired every few hours.

Initially I thought it was the sensors but then noticed they were all routing through the one switch. I have read that these sensors can have issues with certain routers due to their low reporting rate. So I took the switch out of the network and since then one of the two sensors has stayed online, this one was only three metres away. The other one is quite a distance from the nearest router so I am hoping it is just out of range so I have a CC2531 router in the mail to see if that fixes things. . YMMV

Hi, Can anyone recomend a good quality light dimmer with rotary knob? Iā€™m building a new house in 12 months and really keen on good old physical dimmer rotary knob. It needs to have the ability to switch off/on and dim locally. And of course needs to locally connect to HA. Not fussed if its z-wave, or zigbee or wifi, and needs AS/NZS certification. I have spent some time looking around and cant find anything. I like these but they are for UK.
Many Thanks

1 Like

I was going to suggest that, but I donā€™t think they are rotating. Besides they are stupid expensive.

Wiser zigbee dimmer

There are a couple of Zigbee knobs I keep meaning to try. People have said use the ikea Sonos dial but itā€™s too big.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/TERNCY-SD01.html

https://www.amazon.com.au/Lutron-Aurora-Dimmer-Philips-Z3-1BRL-WH-L0/dp/B07RJ14FBS/

Iā€™ll just stick them on a blank plate and see what the WAF is

@Haden I wanted something that was easy to dim manually as well. I couldnā€™t find a rotary knob option but did get something reliable using a Shelly and three way momentary switch.
See my previous post.
If HA is down then I still have dimmer control.

Iā€™m not a fan of the dimmers that use one momentary button for all actions.

Why not do this:

1. Use an in wall dimmer that HA can control;

2. Use a rotary controller attached to an esp (esp behind the faceplate) which communicates with HA

3. Automation that reacts to the rotary encoder and raises/lowers the brightness as you turn the encoder.

Thanks everyone for the recomendations. Iā€™m going to trial a few options,

1, Shelly dimmer 2 with push button for iconic https://www.mjselectricalsupplies.com.au/clipsal-pro-3-position-momentary-toggle-blank-10a
2, above setup + rotary encoder ( TERNCY TERNCY-SD01)
3, Aeotec nano dimmer + wall swipe

I will let you all know how I get on.

1 Like

Yes, I have a whole bunch of different Xiaomi sensors, and as my Zigbee network expands, some are getting less & less reliable. Lately, Iā€™ve found the Aqara buttons are pretty rock solid, the sensors (perimeter, presence, environment) are mostly Ok, but drop off the network and need to be repaired occasionally - but lately Iā€™ve had most if not all of the fancier Aqara wall switches (looks like a 15cmx15xm square) fall off and troubles re-pairing them!

In the Zigbee2mqtt control panel, thereā€™s a drop-down for the Pairing button up the top, where you can select which Router to pair a device to, so Iā€™ve read that if you have a good router that they work with, you can force it to pair with that - but there doesnā€™t seem to be an option to pair to a controller.

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve had a bigger issue with the Sercomm/Telstra plugs just this morning - all 9 of my plugs started to turn off one after the other, and if you turn them back on, they turn off again after a few seconds! So - currently theyā€™re completely useless and I have no idea why theyā€™ve started doing this.

Iā€™ve restarted Z2M, and tried leaving them off-power for a while, but so far theyā€™ve all become useless. :disappointed:

If you get a smart in-wall dimmer of choosing (z-wave, zigbee, wifi) and put a blank plate over it you can then stick an IKEA zigbee dial on it. They work great with ZHA / Conbee2.

1 Like