Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks
I might get one and test in due course

For now I have bought some Brilliant WIFI RGB globes, installed Tuya local and might look to move the AP if the signal doesnt get to the last spot

New WIFI6 network on the cards for next year, but zigbee is my current prefered option

I have just discovered that the Ikea TRÅDFRI globes are available in E27 as well as B22 now

Unfortunately I have a mix of E27 and B22 across the front of my house I just discovered :frowning:

Thanks for the heads up. About time they came out with B22s. Although all my B22s are now Hue which work better with the hue bridge (as you’d expect).

Anyone using this?

1 Like

Using Athom plugs in UK with ESPHome. So far they are working great and seem solid. I reflashed with updated ESPHOME

1 Like

I am using an Athom WLED flashed LED controller. This one https://www.athom.tech/blank-1/wled-high-power-led-strip-controller

Seems to be a great controller.

I bought a few of these three months ago.
No issues so far.

One is used for power monitoring of a fridge, the second provides state feedback to a template switch for a TV ( control is via IR ), and a third is used to send me a message when my garden tool battery is charged.

1 Like

I have about 5 of them spread around my house. I like them and work well, especially the v2.
I have reflashed with update esphome, which was an interesting learning experience.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll order a couple.

1 Like

yep using the old roundish ones and the new ones, really good.

1 Like

Yes I have 6 of them and they work well. Mine came with ESPHome and were easy to integrate into HA. They connect to my wifi reliably (better than my Tuya plugs do).

I find these so much easier to use with Home Assistant and with ESPHome you also have an opensource firmware upgrade path for bugs.

Fantastic!

I am soo going to try these, defo moving away from Tuya crap stuff :slight_smile:

You can modify the colour (using heat shrink at each end) to suit if needed. The only exception to this is the use of a green/yellow earth wire which must not be used for anything else (not allowed to change it’s colour at the ends).

3 Likes

Thanks Dave, I was wondering about that too

reading this thread i havent seen any mention of cost related to retrofitting the house with smart switches. how much did you spend approx for electrician to do the jobs recently? Is it cheaper for me to certify myself and become an electrician myself :stuck_out_tongue: and then do the work myself ?
i recently purchased an older house built in 1970s and thinking about installing few smart switches.

Cheaper ? Maybe.
But certainly not quicker !
Back in my day it was a four year apprenticeship with three years at Tafe.

Not cheaper when you factor in getting paid f-all for 4 years.

Maybe I am spoiled by having two friends who are Sparkies, but turning the mains off, unscrewing the existing switch and screwing a new one on shouldn’t be expensive.

are you sure you can’t do that yourselves in AU, we are allowed in NZ