Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Yep. Clipsal distribute them. In the same catalogue as the mechs.

1 Like

are those exposes that arenā€™t populated functional, or not supported by the device? Such as the transition times etc.

All functional. Just not specified.

1 Like

Just curious if you ever got past the squeeling? Have the dimmers been reliable for you?

13 posts were split to a new topic: IoTaWatt Discussion

I was following the IoTaWatt discussion with some interest, as I have been using a Current Cost EnviR whole house energy monitor with HA for years, but the transmitter has just died. Since they are no longer made, I am trying to source a used replacement transmitter, but figure itā€™s a good time to revisit the latest options. There havenā€™t been many options mentioned in the last couple of years in this thread apart from the IoTaWatt, but the discussion on that at the moment isnā€™t all positive, and itā€™s overkill when I only want to monitor one single phase input. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Just had one of my Kasa KP-115 power plugs fail today. First down out of 4 (HS- and KP-) which i started using June 2021 - so Iā€™m quite happy with them. Not so keen that TP-Link changed to Tapo. I have also had one of my Arlec PC191HAā€™s fail recently - out of 5 from mid-2022.

I have been monitoring this topic, noting members report fairly high failure rate of switches, and hoping mine last until getting recommendations of better quality ones at reasonable price. Zigbee would be preferred, but they have to be compact enough to fit side-by-side.

Today I am forced to buy a couple more, and I find ā€¦

• Bunnings price for Arlec PC191HA is now $15 each, or $55 for a 4-pack.
  • Officeworks are clearing their " Brilliant Lighting Smart WiFi Plug with Energy Monitoring" for only $9 each !

I know they arenā€™t so reliable, but at that price I can afford to throw away shortly after warranty ends.

And ā€¦ has anyone had experience with the Arlec PC191HA version 2 units ? I understand they use a different chip, and hoping they also upgraded the capacitor ??

2 Likes
1 Like

Itā€™s only rated for 16 A. Not really suitable for whole of home monitoring.

1 Like

No, but it says ā€œone single phase inputā€ which I took as one circuitā€¦ Maybe TopsideWings means entire house on the single phase incomerā€¦ not sure.

Yeah, I should have been clearer, sorry. It is one input, but the single input that powers the whole house.

I really like the Shelly Plus 1PM that I had installed recently, so I was hoping they may have a suitable solution for me, but unfortunately itā€™s not that one.

Would a Shelly EM with a 50A or 120A CT not be suitable? Iā€™ve got a couple of these and really happy with them.

1 Like

That looks like it might be perfect, thanks! Do you use one on for a whole home input? I donā€™t have any idea what current I should expect for my whole house current.

A single phase house generally has a 63A main fuse / Isolator so you shouldnā€™t need anything more than that.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

Looking at installing a bunch of zigbee dimmers in a new build. How has your experience been with these? Have you tried any others and can compare link quality etc?

Couldnā€™t be happier. They work super well with zigbee2mqtt.

Depending on what you are dimming you can tune the ballast to prevent flicker too.

2 Likes

A 100 A CT would be suitable for a typical Australian home with single phase 230 V AC supply.

But youā€™ll need to check what CTs are compatible and/or how to calibrate.

1 Like

No I have a Fronius smart meter as part of my solar install which monitors the whole house. I use the Shelly EM to monitor the pool heat pump and the storm water sump pump. The EM comes with a 50Amp Current Transformer (CT). Oz smart things have additional 50A and 120A CTs on their website, hereā€™s the 120A one.

1 Like

In the middle of a home reno and Iā€™m exploring putting in Zigbee light switches. Does anyone have recommendations or has done this recently? With the plan of integrating into Home Assistant of course.