Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Not that I’ve seen.

hey i got mine going! set it up using shelly app but it doesn’t seem to appear under integrations. i can add it through shelly integration in home assistant but not sure if that is right approach?

thank you

here it is in ha using shelly

I can make it show as a door but it seems to be reversed. am able to update it in shelly app settings and it shows correctly now. i hope i can uninstall shelly app now.

Anyway is this the right way to use this in home assisant?

That’s the correct approach when setting items up, you add them through the intergration that they use in home assistant, just change the name to a better identifiable name and then you can setup your automatons that you need with it.

1 Like

I literally got it up and running in like five minutes. And this one device can let me reach four contact sensors.

So good

1 Like

It’s acting as an extender for those that are being detected through it which is how you extend out your devices to where you need to use them the most, you use device types that act as routers for the end point ones to connect through.

In this case since your shelly i4 is using an ESP32 its also acting as a bluetooth proxy through the wifi.

I’m not sure why HA didn’t automatically detect yours, but it looks like you have it set up properly through the manual approach. And yes, it is correct to use the Shelly Integration.

Looks like you have it set up and working properly. Any settings you’ve made to the Shelly will now remain on the device even if you uninstall the app. You can also access the device settings directly on your LAN by just going to its IP address. You can also set an access password on the device, so that the web access panel is not openly accesible.

1 Like

Well the warranty replacement smart power monitoring plug didn’t last 2 months. Died yesterday. Exact same symptoms as the first plug failure. Passes power through but zero connectivity, cannot revive it. Dead.

Not used for switching, just power monitoring.

These are junk. Australian certified junk.

Have sent OzSmartThings an email.

What are you power monitoring?

My four are still going.

Washing machine. Bosch front loader.

Have you tried the v2 from them?

What would have us believe it is any better?

$50 is a bit much to throw at generating more e-waste.

I’ve asked them if they have anything more robust.

I skipped the v1’s so I can’t speak on their quality but I am not having any issues with the v2’s I have so far since getting them setup on feb 7th, the moment I run into issues I will be updating in here especially if 1 or more of the 4 that I have issue at the same time.

1 Like

Looking for some easy to connect smart door locks via HA.

Whats the go to these days?

These video’s should help you pick out the right one for your needs:

I’m personally looking to this one when it and the wicharge unit to mount becomes available:

Thanks for the links,

Was also hoping for some Aussie feedback for what’s been popular and can be easily brought in shops.

Yea the main ones other than that alfred (I sent an email to alfredlocks to see if I can get that lock with the wicharge power in australia and total cost, so waiting on a reply on that) that I am looking at are the yale v2 and the aqara u100 (latter cause as shown in the first vid its more resistant to magnet attacks).

Only thing that’s really stopping me from installing a smart lock on my door is that I have a deadbolt lock, a handle lock and the crimsafe security mesh door installed atm, so I need to figure out whats the best route that I want for install lol. (That and most of them that I see are really only tested using apple home key… I don’t really see ones that would let me use my android phone as a key when I tap it if I have it in hand.)

The a100 looks the goods also after looking up the u100 you suggested.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0B77L3DTJ/?coliid=I314282F4OC0NI&colid=2ZWOYZLRG0AFS&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Has anyone got these 2 combos?

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0B77L3DTJ/?coliid=I314282F4OC0NI&colid=2ZWOYZLRG0AFS&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0BZYL6W56/?coliid=I22BXT0WKBG76N&colid=2ZWOYZLRG0AFS&psc=0&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is pretty much why I’m not bothering with smart locks - will either have to buy 2 locks (and change the handle lock to a plain handle) or still carry key/s.

Yea I was thinking to get a main smart deadbolt (will probably go with that u100 if I can’t get the alfred one) then use say this Geek Smart Fingerprint Door Lock for the handle lock to keep it a simple one without doubling up on pin codes and keep the main key for the crimsafe door (would just make a note in my battery status dash to recharge/swap batteries on it same time I do the main lock, unless I can find one I can add to HA that is the same).

Has anyone in Australia installed the EMPORIA Vue 2/3 home power monitoring solution, basically 16 CT clamps across your board to give HA monitoring of current/power draw on each circuit in your home?

A couple of local stores sell them, $500 odd, and Amazon - but looking to see if anyone has installed one successfully given our circuit boards have limited space