Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Sounds like a decent option!!

My batteries have been holding pretty well. Mine were not GiEX Branded when I bought them. I also have zigbee repeaters one wall away from my soil moisture meters.

I do like the idea of 433mhz devices.

I bought the first batch, they apparently fixed it in a later batch, but you can’t upgrade the firmward so they’re bricks. So rather than buy them again (and they’re pretty bloody big tbh) I went with the 433Mhz ones.

I don’t mind the size, save the Mrs slaughtering them when she is in the garden. I did look at those 433 ones but could not find an easy way to integrate.

Can you upgrade the firmware if you connect it to a Tuya Hub and upgrade the firmware through the Smart Life or Tuya App?

for the ecowitt 433mhz soil sensors you can use the ecowitt bridge/wifi gateway gw1100 theres an add on in HA, you just punch in the IP data via the web interface on the wifi gateway and its good to go.

1 Like

Anyone here using the Aqara T2 Dual Relay? Any feedback? Doesn’t appear to have neutral and not sure if it would work with dimmable LED’s? According to this review the product could receive native thread support in the future

Yes it has a N, I have one at the moment and it was easy to pair directly via zigbee to my HA instance. I am still trying to get an electrician to reply back to me and install the one I have for me where I need it.

1 Like

It’s just an ON/OFF relay so it has no ability to perform dimming. If you connect dimmable LED’s to it they will only ever turn on at full brightness, which is fine if that’s all you want them to do.

1 Like

No, I bought a tuya zigbee gateway for that specific reason. But you can’t.

1 Like