Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks Ryan for sharing this!

I’ve added the info to a shared doc where I’m trying to gather all the valuable info from this thread (http://tinyurl.com/ha-aus#heading=h.alzd41oh5n4c)

Were you able to get any information on these?

Has anyone seen a small (narrow) smart switch? In a rental but would like to have control over some flouro lights. The switches are all the narrower 32mm wide type.

If you have sufficient depth, you can use a Brilliant Dimmer Mech and find a compatible 32mm switch plate.

The mech itself is only 22.5mm wide. I currently have 4x of these in my house using full size wall plates.

1 Like

Got this today going into my new bathroom.

The mounting blocks architrave switches are usually on would not be deep enough for a brilliant dimmer.
I’d suggest using battery operated units, like the Phillips Hue, just have to put them somewhere else.

Still waiting on the 4-gang smart Deta from Bunnings. They are saying mid April. I picked up the dumb version to look at the construction, assume it uses the same AC side (but the 2-gang does). So I’ve hacked it, added a D1-mini to control.

This works, I can control the four relays vis esphome/HA. I’m I still Certified :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess its possible to replace the top board with your own, with switches/leds and other sensors.

4 Likes

Any chance of a guide?

At some point some… Basically, that six pin header has 5V and gnd on 4 pins, and the others turn on the relays with 3V. So 5V/gnd to the D1 supply, and 4 gpos drive the relays.

1 Like

So which exactly dumb deta model is this? (model no or bunnings link?)

I just saw in the store a picked it up. It $45 vs $65 for the smart one (when available) , so really not worth hacking, unless you want extra features.

Thank you, I clearly haven’t been following, I thought you were talking about a power board.

Hey Seano. Mate, no luck. Life has sorta been thrown into chaos over the last few weeks, so I haven’t had a chance to sit down and have a solid look at it. A mate of mine did pass his eyes over the kit, but also came to no solid conclusion.
Will keep you posted if we have any further developments!

1 Like

I reckon the blinds would be 433mhz and so could be controlled with a broadlink RM Pro.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ll check that out. If you have a Broadlink Pro could you let me know where you got it. Thanks for the reply.

I usually buy from Ali Express but I got mine off Ebay because i was impatient at the time.

The newer models floating around are “pro plus3”, for which the Home Assistant integration doesn’t seem to strictly support, but I got mine working eventually after a bit of a hassle. Has been solid. You could also try your luck with a Sonoff RF Bridge hacked and flashed with Esphome, but that didn’t work properly for me for some applications.

This Ali shop has motors and sells RM Pro: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908671?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.5b3517fervp2i2

Other links:

1 Like

Thanks mate, you have been very helpful. I’ll have a read through the stuff you’ve posted. As you probably guessed, I have near zero experience with RF bridges. When I say near zero, I actually mean zero. I’ve got the get the blinds setup first though.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Neither did I. You’ll figure it out. Its just a device that learns and sends the commands you hit on your remote button. Think of it as a super remote. I won’t highjack this thread any further on the topic:). Feel free to tag me on other related threads if you get stuck.

Hey Guys. Been awhile since I posted on here. Just wondering if anyone has Bricked a Single Deta Grid Connect light switch? I am pretty sure I have bricked onto today by turning power on and off two many times accidentally.
So i am trying to work out if a can Recover it either by some for a hard reset on the device or opening the device and manually upload binary file?
Any ideas of help would be appreciated. Cheers all

Hi Seano.
Hey I’ve also bought one of the Arlec Grid Connect motion sensors to play with the idea of using with HA. I have an ESP32 Dev board with ESPhome and the esp32_BLE_tracker code loaded.
One thing different though, I can’t find a way to register the sensor in the Grid Connect phone app. It wants to try looking for sensors through WiFi not BLE. I also tried unsuccessfully to pair through the phones BT setup with the sensor in pairing mode. Can you recall how you registered your motion sensor without a Grid Connect Hub ?
This is a pic of the sensors module, for other peoples info.

Also, found the pinout info for the module.
FCC info for Tuya TYBT3 BLE

1 Like