Australian BOM Rain Radar Card

Link fixed

1 Like

V1.4.3 has been released. All it does is add a new marker for the latest BoM radar located at Greenvale in Queensland.

1 Like

V1.4.4 was released a couple of days ago that just fixed a dependency issue, no change for people installing with HACS.
The next planned update will be when the Yeoval (near Parkes NSW) comes online early next year (Feb I believe).

Is there a way to use the BOM integration to have an alert for rain play using Google TTS over my Google Home speakers?

Just want something like an announcement saying ā€œAttention: Rain is expected in the next few hoursā€ or something like that. Hard to find stuff for Aussies!

Yes, but it doesnā€™t have anything to do with this rain radar card.

Using the BOM weather integration you will get a ā€˜chance of rainā€™ sensor for each day, eg:
sensor.morley_rain_chance_0

You can create an automation with that sensor as a numeric_state trigger to trigger the automation based on it going above your desired rain value.

1 Like

yeah awesome, thank you! Appreciate the response, there really needs to be a solid Aussie Home Automation place for discussions and support, hard to find!

That has been suggested in the past and rejected by the forum admins.

There is an electric thread for Aussies.

Just saw that there is a aussie home automation FB page with most people using HA. I just signed up so not sure how good it is yet.

HA 2022.3 has broken the visual configuration of the card. For the time being you will need to use the yaml editor to configure it until I rewrite a whole lot of the card.

1 Like

Luckily I didnt update yet. I usually wait a few days/weeks to notice any issues before pushing the update. Thanks noted.

The card still functions as before, itā€™s just the configuration is a bit broken. So it will just make life more difficult for new users or reconfiguring.

1 Like

@tom_l this is such a pain and it looks like they have also broken all the custom themes with this change :frowning:

Sorry, Iā€™ve lost track, whatā€™s a pain?

the changes from paper to mwc.

Yes they did. Input_selects all went to shit. I got a solution for that from the card-mod thread though. I wish there was an example of the frontend where they showed all the variables used for a theme as inspecting an element is pretty hit and miss and downright voodoo 90% of the time if you stumble across something to get it right. My other favorite is deprecating some function that breaks integrations where there is no alternate availableā€¦

Oh right. There was a github post here that may help:

Yeah. I just wish they would publish the standard built in themes so there was a reference to everything that can be changed.

I thought you meant for your card. If itā€™s just fixing themes, I posted the new variables in the release notes topic.

Fixing my card is a real pain as well since there are so many checkboxes and text fields etc. Got most of it done but the checkboxes are being a pain. I canā€™t figure out how to get the change notify to work. The way it is in the boilerplate certainly doesnā€™t do the job.