id: '021'
  delta: 360
  frames: 6
  name: 'Radar 512'
1 Like

Adding your experience here would be appreciated:

No Prob. Done.

1 Like

Mucking around with some macro/micro radar combinations to go on my permanent display. Working well. The animated dark sky card uses the bom forecast as per an earlier thread. I made it compact, cause I found I didn’t really look at the other stuff.

Is this the right thread for this? Just point me elsewhere if there’s a better BoM radar one…

Something like this in lovelace.

- elements:
    - camera_image: camera.radar_256
      entity: camera.radar_256
      style:
        font-weight: bold
        height: 40%
        left: 20%
        top: 20%
        width: 40%
      type: image
  camera_image: camera.radar_64
  type: picture-elements

Sorry for the abandonware everybody, wish I had time to worry about this but I’m sure you can all figure out this new custom component re-jig.

3 Likes

@Mahko_Mahko The old thread was here: Australian Animated Radar using BOM Public FTP Though now it is a built in component might be worth stating a new one.

@BrendanMoran Creating a custom component isn’t just for Christmas :slight_smile: :dog2:

But seriously, its all working with the “great migration” and manifest instructions.

Lodged an issue fort the New camera though.

1 Like

The manifest instructions only apply to inbuilt components - not custom components…

That’s not what I have found in practice. I tried the blank __init__.py file first. Made no difference. Sill got warnings/errors. Adding a manifest file stopped this occurring for three different custom components. Including this one.

1 Like

I have also found the same with helping folks here, sometimes the __init__.py file doesnt fix and only a minimal manifest.json file works

If that’s the case and they really are creating the right file I still think the dev needs to give input as to the recommended solution. Manifests are for core components according to the docs.

they are optional for custom components

awarecanYesterday at 2:40 AM
@aidbish , this manifest.json IS OPTIONAL for custom component

i had to query the devs yesterday as one doco said optional and the other said required, an update to the doco that said required has been put through to say they are optional for custom components

Just dropping by to say thank you for the component.
I got caught out for an hour by the 0.92 requirement change listed above about 1 day ago, but after realising I installed and it ran fine.

Worked for me, many thanks!

1 Like

Manifest is what worked for me

and for the record, just upgraded from 91.4 to 92.2, with just an empty __init__.py file - no errors, all works.

I firstly tried with just an empty __init__.py but HA still complained, created the manifest.json and then it was happy and working nicely. It seems odd that people are having differing results for the same custom_component

Could someone help me with which IDV value i should be using for Frankston.

When i look the forecast up it seems to have two IDV values but neither of these match Frankston

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/frankston.shtml

How good are your python skills?
I’m in the same boat. The info is on the BOM FTP site, but not at a dedicated Product ID (eg. IDV10450).

The Frankston forecast is in ftp://ftp.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDV10753.xml
But you’d need an extra layer of detail to pull out it’s forecast data, while ignoring all the other towns/areas.
For example:
product_id: IDV10753
aac: VIC_PT023

It’s beyond me.

Yeah my python skills are non-exisit, and i wouldnt have the time or the will to learn at this point