Authentication expired issues 2024.5 and beyond

Authentication expired issues have started appearing since 2024.5 and persist with 2024.6. ESPHome devices had this issue on 2024.5 but have yet to see them in 2024.6 (hopefully fixed). As I have not had the time to dive deeper into this I was wondering if other souls out there are experiencing similar issues or have managed to identify what is causing it.

Even if I reauthenticate the issue pops up again.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m having the same issues. I’m new to this world, but happy to share whatever logs/details would be helpful.

I seem to get it individually for most but not all of my TP-link branded devices.

Sometimes, I also get this error, which eventually resolves (typically after a system restart.)

Note that this is related to: TPlink Authentication - Intermittent reauth error · Issue #117093 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

• Core2024.6.2
  • Supervisor2024.06.0
  • Operating System12.3
  • Frontend20240610.0

I’m having the same issue as of yesterday 13th june 2024, with my tapo control integration,
5 cameras, all saying authentification expired - tried to reconfigure with correct credentials, but saying password is wrong, even though its correct

I have managed to do some troubleshooting and the issue has to do with HA login. I have not had the time to do an in-depth investigation but there is a simple fix to this.

Go to: Profile :arrow_forward: Security :arrow_forward: Locate Your Current Session token :arrow_forward: Click on three vertical dots (select menu) :arrow_forward: Disable Token Expiration

Check login session token is flagged as Never Expires.

Obviously this is a security risk (living with a non expiring authentication token), but until we find a solution, you can protect yourself by enabling the Multi-factor Authentication Module (totp). You need Google Authenticator on your phone.

Is is best practice for auth tokens to expire. When I get more time I will try to dive deeper into the issue and when I have something useful to report will do it on this thread.

Does not work.

Password rhe same as the Tapo app.

Yip, I am having the same problem as of today…

I have tried changing my account login password on the app and I am using the correct password in HA but it will not accept the password…

1 Like

I am also having this issue, its always been a problem but definitely got worse recently, I have only 4 devices but each one needs reauthenticating pretty much daily

did anyone manage to solve it? it’s very annoying and makes me unhappy :see_no_evil::face_holding_back_tears:

I am looking to move all my cloud based items to my local network, I am tired of relying on the integrations not working. I have done the cameras and moving down the list to the lights and then my Zigbee items.

Has been happening to me for a month or so. I only have the TP-Link Smart Home integration installed. This happens with the Tapo L530 lights (not my Kasa lights).

This is happening to me too. I have been using HA for years… replaced all my very old Wemo’s with Kasa last weekend and did a completely fresh install of HA. Switches worked for a couple days… but now every morning when I wake up I have a list of them that want me to re-authenticate.

Still happening. Haven’t been able to see how and when it pops up.

I have three of the newer Google TV (Chromecast with Google TV, fourth gen) units. All have been setup at the same time but only one of them pops up with the Authentication expired error in HA. Also there is another Sony TV with Android in the system but have never indicated any errors.

• Core 2024.7.4
  • Supervisor 2024.08.0
  • Operating System 12.4
  • Frontend 20240710.0

Me also! Started today (16 August 2024).
“Eufy Authentication expired”

I have to re-enter a captcha which doesn’t seem to do anything.

• Core: 2024.8.1
  • Supervisor: 2024.08.0
  • Operating System: 13.0
  • Frontend: 20240809.0