šŸ’” Awesome HA Blueprints: A curated list of blueprints + easily create controller-based automations (remotes, switches,...) for controlling lights, media players, and more

Is it possible to control 2 light groups?

One light group to turn on & off with up & down single press buttons and the other light group to turn on & off with the up & down double press buttons?

Brightness and color temperature to change only for the 1st light group, not the second.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If I use the light hook blueprint with the IKEA E2001/2002 controller bluprint, and then set up additional functionality, such as a double click action, I lose the ability to dim my lights.

What are the settings to use with the controller blueprint that replicate what the light hook does?
The documentation I have found so far just says ā€œuse the hookā€ which I think I have to move away from to do everything I want.

Or is there a fix for the double click issue?

Hi, there are fixes for the controller E2001/E2002 bugs that prevented the light hook of working as expected. I made changes to the blueprint and itā€™s working for me and other people according to their reports. You can find the instructions here: šŸŽ® ZHA, deCONZ, Zigbee2MQTT - IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Universal blueprint - all actions + double click events - control lights, media players and more with Hooks - #35 by lsismeiro. You can also download from here ikea_e2001_e2002_luis.yaml Ā· GitHub , LewisSpring added it to github. Configure the light hook according to your needs and it should work as expected. Regards, Luis Sismeiro

1 Like

Fantastic! Works great!

Hope they merge the pull request soon.

1 Like

What is everyone using these days for their IKEA buttons, dimmers and controllers?

It seems the original author is no longer maintaining the repository, possibly due to other commitments in life (as indicated by the status message on the GitHub profile). I respect that.

Given that there have been some changes to ZHA and HA that make changes to the blueprints necessary and pull requests not being merged I am looking for either a maintained fork or some simpler blueprints that are easier to keep up to date myself.

I only use two remotes, so Iā€™m not sure how well it works for more extensive setups, but so far I like the switch manager integration a lot.

If you use ZHA, the IKEA strybar remote isnā€™t set up for that integration yet, however it did not take me long to write a functioning blueprint for it. It stills needs some finetuning though, but for thatā€™s more on the way events are passed down in ZHA for the remotes.

Can you share your STYRBAR blueprint for Switch Manager please?

name: Ikea Styrbar ZHA
service: ZHA
event_type: zha_event
identifier_key: device_id
buttons:
  ## Not sure why the buttons are back to front and illogical by their numbers??
  - x: 247
    y: 61
    width: 50
    actions:
      - title: press
        conditions:
          - key: command
            value: 'on'
      - title: hold
        conditions:
            value: move_with_on_off
      - title: hold_release
        conditions:
            value: stop_with_on_off

- x: 442
    y: 248
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: press
          - key: params.param1
            value: '256'
        conditions:
            value: hold
            value: '3328'
      - title: hold (released)
        conditions:
            value: release
            value: '-7258'
  - x: 245
    y: 434
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: 'off'
        conditions:
            value: move
      - title: hold_release
        conditions:
            value: stop_with_on_off
  - x: 52
    y: 248
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: press
            value: '257'
        conditions:
            value: hold
            value: '3329'
      - title: hold (released)
        conditions:
            value: release
            value: '1675'

Has updates to the website stopped? There is a minute amount of blueprints listed on the site.

Hi!

Iā€™m using the IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control Controller Blueprint.
It looks like the double press is not longer working. Does anyone made this work?

path: EPMatt/ikea_e2001_e2002.yaml
  input:
    integration: Zigbee2MQTT
    controller_entity: sensor.button_table_action
    helper_last_controller_event: input_text.helper_controller_button_table
    action_button_left_short:
      - service: light.toggle
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: light.diningtable
    action_button_left_double:
      - service: light.toggle
        data: {}
        target:
          device_id: 97abd439d9e1d98dab582da402ce840b
    action_button_right_double:
      - type: toggle
        device_id: 97abd439d9e1d98dab582da402ce840b
        entity_id: 10db7e0fb3826b63372f7d40cb48024a
        domain: light
    button_right_double_press: true
    button_left_double_press: false
    helper_double_press_delay: 500
    button_up_double_press: false

Looks like the double click is not working.

Thereā€™s a good handful of issues and pull requests addressing that issue in the authorsā€™ repository. One example: remove spaces to match new helper format in 2023.5 by LordSushiPhoenix Ā· Pull Request #545 Ā· EPMatt/awesome-ha-blueprints Ā· GitHub

Unfortunately the project is abandoned at this point, so no PRs are merged and no new releases are made right now.

Thats a shame. Did you ever happen to get the double press working again on remotes?

Hey folks!

Maybe Iā€™m too stupid, but Iā€™ve read the description up and down for a few times now and I guess, Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦ I created 2 automations, 1 controller and 1 hook - I cannot relly ā€œconnectā€ them, as they should be connected just by using the same device/entity (of the hardware-controller).
The controller automation gets triggered and fired, fills the input helper, but the hook automation never gets fired, so my lights stay outā€¦ :frowning:

hope for a quick tip

Go into Zigbee2mqtt web ui. select your hue dimmer device. then settings (specific). set Legacy to True.

Hi every one,

Iā€™d like to control 2 switches (on/off) with rwl021 hue remote. I have following setup:

1. ha on a VM as haos.
  2. MQTT as containeraized app outside od HAOS vm
  3. Both switches work fine when toggled directly in ha.
  4. Remote seems fine as well, I have tried toggling legacy on/off in z2m

I set-up the controller blueprint only with following settings and short/long ON press actions:

In the automationā€™s log I see it fails on 2nd step, can anyone help figuring out whatā€™s the logic here?

condition: and
conditions:
  - >-
    {%- set trigger_action -%} {%- if integration_id == "zigbee2mqtt" -%} {{
    trigger.event.data.new_state.state }} {%- elif integration_id == "deconz"
    -%} {{ trigger.event.data.event }} {%- elif integration_id == "zha" -%} {{
    trigger.event.data.command }} {%- endif -%} {%- endset -%} {{ trigger_action
    not in ["","None"] }}
  - >-
    {{ integration_id != "zigbee2mqtt" or trigger.event.data.new_state.state !=
    trigger.event.data.old_state.state }}

Nvm on above, issue rwaolved: I guess I simply had to post here and it got scaredā€¦ legacy setting on the remote in z2m is true, I also dziś few ha restarts in between, so maybe thatā€™s it.

Thanks for the blueprint!

Hey there, I recently got a Hue Dimmer switch v2 and wanted to use your automation. I also used the light-hook, to control the minimum brightness, which works really good. However, it seems like I canā€™t change the default settings with the blueprint. If I say, for example, that the on switch should turn the light on but also off (if itā€™s already on) it just doesnā€™t change and still executes only the default settings. What am I doing wrong?

I have created and properly configured automatons based on these blueprints:
Controller: Styrbar;
Hook: Light &
Hook: Mediaplayer.

Now I want to do the following:
assign

• button press left_long to media player: volume up
  • button left_double to media player: previous track &
  • up_long to light: brightness up

and so on.

I am also thinking about using custom actions for the short presses. I know I can put the custom actions into the responding button presses in the controller, but I can not figure out how to call a specific action within a specific hook.

I read the documentation several times but somehow I missed what I was searching for.

Your Awesome blue prints areā€¦ awesome. Could you add sunrise/sunset with offset (random offset option would be even better) to the start/stop times? Thanks for considering.

I have an impression that @epmatt abandoned his collection, but somebody else took over: GitHub - lsismeiro/awesome-ha-blueprints: A curated collection of automation blueprints for Home Assistant.

2 Likes