🚿 Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan

Rookie mistake. I am rather embarrassed I didn’t notice that. Made the change and works like a charm. Thanks Blacky!

@MJC1

No problem, there are a lot of options to go through. Thanks for getting back to us and your welcome.

Enjoy

Blacky :smiley:

Is there anyway to use a light as a switch? Our home uses Lutron lighting, and the exhaust fans in the bathrooms are all type “light” (they switch the fan light on as well).

There is a helper to make a switch look like a light, but there doesn’t sppear to be an easy way to make a light look like a switch. :slight_smile:

@fresnoboy There is no need to convert it to a switch. I will do a FAQ on how to do this now. Stay tuned.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks!

FAQ - How can I use a light domain for the “Fan Switch”

Sometimes depending on what you are using to control your fan HA show it as a light entity (light domain) and you are unable to enter it into the “Fan Switch” input.

Light domains will work in the “Fan Switch” input.

The step below will walk you through the process on how to enter in your light domain into the “Fan Switch” input.

1. Copy your entity ID for your fan that has a light domain.

2. Open up and automation using the blueprint. Enter in any switch, don’t worry we will change this in the next step.

3. Click on the 3 dots top right and edit in YAML. We are looking for the fan switch entity ID as shown below. You will see the switch (entity) you entered in. Now just paste the fan light domain entity in replacing the switch entity and click save.

4. Go back by clicking on the 3 dots top right and “Edit in visual editor”

5. You should see your fan entity now selected. Fill out the rest of your automation settings and click save.

Your done :tada:

You can still update the blueprint when one becomes available and all your settings will be okay.

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

Curious, all my Caseta switches came in a “switch” and all dimmers as “light”, but its been a while since I’ve added anything new.

Which switch are you using?

We have a homeworks QS system. Amazing system in general with geeat home assistant support.

1 Like

I should have thought of trying that! Thanks, will implement it today.

@fresnoboy
No problem, let us know how you go.

Hallo, i try this automation now. but it doesent fire. What make i wrong

alias: Bad Duschen
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/bathroom-humidity-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    trigger: sensor.tempkuhlschrankkuche_humidity
    fan_switch:
      entity_id: input_boolean.bad_dummy
    rising_humidity: 4
    falling_humidity: -5
    time_delay: 10
    light_switch:
      entity_id: light.bad
    light_time_delay: 15
    include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
    light_brightness: 25
    include_automation_link: enable_automation_link
    automation_link_time_delay: 15
    automation_link:
      - input_boolean.bad_toggle_auto

@lucascoco

Maybe you trigger is wrong. Please have a read of this in the FAQ.

First step is this one

Q: How do you set up a Derivative Sensor Helper?

A: Please follow these steps Click Here

Once you have that set up, the next step is this one

Q: I have set up a “Derivative Sensor Helper” but how do i set up the automation settings?

A: Please follow these steps Click Here

1 Like

This is is great!

I have setup this in my main bathroom and its working well, however am struggling with an ensuite using the same setup (another aeotec multisensor 6 setup etc). The sensor is clearly reading humidity ok but the derivitive values are tiny - and the deriviative is setup exactly the same with the same time period etc…

Any ideas? The sensor has the same settings as the bathroom as I assumed it was somethere there, e.g. reporting time fo the sensor etc…

Thank you and Happy Christmas / holidays!

@ajb538

Hi Alex, glad you like the blueprint.

Make sure you are looking at the correct derivative as your en-suite is set for hours not minutes.

It also looks like your humidity sensor is reporting in hours.

Let us know if this fixes it for you.

Hi, is anyone else able to import the blueprint? Looks like the git hub links are dead.

@adeelmysore

Firstly welcome to the community.

Everything is back up and running, please try again.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Thanks @Blacky , appreciate the time and response!

Yeah, thats the weird thing, thats the correct deriviative (there are only two).

The time period is set to minutes, and the underlying humidity sensor has a 60 second reporting period, so should be reporting every minute. Although graph below suggests an less frequent update / time period…

Havent figured out (yet!) why its reporting % change hourly!!

Screenshots below, in case Im missing something! Thanks!

@ajb538

No problem Alex :blush:

Sometimes things just can’t be found easily and sometimes they just go wrong. I would just delete it and try again but you probably done that already.

Your first screen shot looks good. The last one (Ensuite Humidity), is it reporting in minutes as it doesn’t look like it? Looks like hours maybe this is it.

Hello
I change my domotic from domoticz to HA
In domoticz i have a script for my humidity, who control the average humudity and in the same script the control of the suddendly change in the bathroom
This script : https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Humidity_control

But i have 2 bathrooms… My first question is if i must install the blueprint for each bathroom or if the same can have 2 bathroom identity sensor?
Yhank’s

Hi @Blacky,
I am new to HA and would like to try your blueprint.
Try to set it up for an Itho fan with 3 modes so I create scripts for High, Medium and Low like @balk77.

What I don’t understand is how to link the scripts to the ‘Fan Switch *’, ‘Input - Fan Speed - Low Speed Switch (Optional)’ and ‘Input - Fan Speed - Switch Off (Optional)’ settings.

Could you please help me out?