Beginners guide to Doorbird

It’s difficult. I use it now for three years and unwound not recommend it. At least in my case I needed to replace it as rain was finding it’s way into it. Also I’m not satisfied with the time it takes to build up a connection. I have it connected via lan and even if I’m in my home wifi it takes 10 seconds till I can communicate.
It takes ages if you’re not at home.

On the other hand I don’t trust Ring, Nest or even the Logitech doorbell. I think the only alternative would be the Netatmo one. But you can’t hook it up via lan which could be a bummer. Especially, judging my netatmo cams, wifi isn’t their strength.

So I’ll stick with the doorbird but I’ll replace it in a heartbeat if I found something which can be connected to LAN and has a decent speed.

1 Like

yeah I know what you mean, looking as well

I have the basic doorbird. But noticed the pir sensor cap to, let’s say, coming to it’s end. After being in the sun and rain for about 3 years now.
Other things: it’s slow, video quality it terrible if you ask me. For the price I would rather have a ZigBee button, good lan camera and a pir sensor. Instead of everything in one package.

But like @Flo.C I’m waiting for a good alternative.

Oh yeah…don’t let me started on the sensor of the cam as well as it’s turning magenta because there is not ich protection on …

Hi Guys,

i installed the Doorbird with UI and i can see the Live View. Now i want to get the HTTP Calls for the Button. But i struggle with the Documentation.

What i did:

• installed Doorbird in HA with UI and can see the Live View/IR-Button/Relais Button
  • i added a new User in the App - “Home Assistant” with API-Operator

And now i struggle with:

• HTTP-Calls: the Doc says: go to DB-App > HTTP Calls, i can see the URLS(Calls) there, but this is empty ?
  • Where do i find the URLs ?

I am on the newest HA and someone above posted a screenshot with Doorbird Options (Gear-Icon), but i can’t find this gear-icon on my HA.
See here

Please help!
Thanks!

1 Like

i finally managed it!

in the process of installing HA i added the doorbird with my admin-account, because at that moment i didn’t read the documentation and was impressed that it worked right away and forogt about the popup for login-credentials.

my process of getting it to work:

• Delete Doorbird Integration
    (if you already installed without the HA-User in your Doorbird App and HA Integration)

-------------- IF YOU START FRESH - START HERE --------------

• open Doorbird App and create a new User with API-Operator (and the other stuff)
  • install Doorbird Integration
  • click on the Doorbird-Notification (bottom left) in HA
  • a Popup with credentials should open

• type in your newly created Doorbird User (the one with API Operator)
  • in HA go to Integrations and search Doorbird
  • click on Configure
  • a Popup should open

• type in/copy the stuff that is written in the last line “example”
    (button, motion, RFID)
  • click Done
  • restart HA
  • now you should see the HTTPs Calls in the Doorbird APP
  • add them and create schedules for it
  • Note: You can only make one HTTP Call at the same timeframe.
  • Done!

Extra:
If you want to find out your TOKEN, just go:

• HA > DEV-Tools > Events > Listen to Events: * (just on star)

and start listening. In the Doorbird App, push the Relay Button and then you will see some Action in HA named Doorbird and you will find the TOKEN there.

GOOD LUCK

PS:

I had problems seeing EVENTS in HA, i restarted the Doorbird (Admin-Menu) and now i finally see EVENTS!

somehow my Event is called:
doorbird_doorbird_haustur_doorbell

8 Likes

Hi, are you satisfied with Doorbird?

What I wish to have is real time doorbell push events and motion events

1 Like

I have the version with fingerprint reader D2101FV. Is it planned to add the fringerprint results to the Home Assistant integration? That would be great! They are available throught the local API.

Hi, so far I managed to get the events into HA. However, has anyone managed to store the pictures of last_motion last_ring? I would love to se the history in HA (it’s possible in Doorbird)

i haven’t followed your process as everything is working for me currently, but I appreciate the update to the thread with the new flow. I’ve marked this as the solution to help people find this quicker.

Thank you very much. In the beginning i had problems with the permissons. No HTTPs calls…

Could you post your step by step manual to the Plugin Descripition?

That would be very nice for other newbies like me :wink:

I’m also wondering how one could use the Motion Sensor to record a video, so as to avoid storing vidoes in the cloud? I have tried MotionEye with HA, but it does it’s own motion detection which is not comparable…

Hello, I did this procedure before and it worked.
But for some reason it stopped working so I deleted all configurations and started again but no success…

Once I click on configure(somebody_pressed_the_button) and Submit, an HTTPS call is created automatically on my doorbird APP
after that in schedules I select the HTTPS call(all blue) , save and restart HA and Doorbird.

On the events I start Listing press the button and nothing.

What am I missing ?

Thank you

The homeassistant event name that is currently set to just doorbell needs to match the HTTPS call name doorbird_doorbell. Once those match everything should work properly!

1 Like

Is the doorbird integration working correctly? I did the described procedure, but when someone rings the bell the automation does not fire, but if I fire the event locally in HA it works. Did anyone solve the problem?
Someone with an example of automation, for example when the doorbell rings, I want to receive a push message on my iphone.
Thanks

Yes it works for me. So the intergration is not the problem.

I already managed to solve the problem in test automation.

I’m also interested if someone with an example of automation

You mean something like this:

alias: Notificatie / deurbel - gong
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: doorbird_doorbird_bel
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: group.iemand
    state: home
  - condition: time
    after: "06:00:00"
    before: "23:00:00"
    weekday:
      - mon
      - tue
      - wed
      - thu
      - fri
      - sat
      - sun
action:
  - service: siren.turn_on
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: siren.begane_kelderkast_gong_deurbel
mode: single

Hello,
I followed the process described by riotmode (remove Doorbird from HA / reinstall it with a user with all permissions / create an option in HA).
I see the event in Doorbird :
slight_smile:

But when I listen to the events in HA, I see no event related to doorbird when I press the button.

I probably miss something but I don’t know what.

I thank you in advance for your support.
Pascal