BMW Connected drive doesn't work anymore?

Same here.
The lock and unlock also no longer works me, this error:

And the parking lights are also gone:

2021-08-12 18:18:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547483271424] The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1491, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1526, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 213, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 658, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 856, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 695, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lock/__init__.py", line 141, in async_lock
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(ft.partial(self.lock, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/lock.py", line 47, in lock
    self._vehicle.remote_services.trigger_remote_door_lock()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/remote_services.py", line 162, in trigger_remote_door_lock
    self._trigger_remote_service(_Services.REMOTE_DOOR_LOCK, post=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/remote_services.py", line 209, in _trigger_remote_service
    return self._account.send_request(url, post=post, data=data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 213, in send_request
    raise IOError(msg)
OSError: The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).

The lock/unlock works for anyone else?

It seems it doesn’t work anymore (since 8 hours ago). No service or sensor update

Newbie here, my Home Assistant is 2021.8.6. On mine I can “read” all statuses OK on my car, but cannot Lock / Unlock. I get the error:
The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200)

same here, the integration is broken

Allright some updates regarding the BMW integration :smile:

The attributes are back in HA 2021.8.7. See this PR → Fix attributes not showing after using entity class attributes by gerard33 · Pull Request #54558 · home-assistant/core · GitHub and issue → Missing attributes to lids and windows · Issue #307 · bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected · GitHub for more info.

cc @petrho @Swallowtail @nebbiadigiorno

Fixing the services is work in progress and are necessary because BMW made changes here when migrating to the My BMW app → Fix BMW remote services in rest_of_world & north_america by rikroe · Pull Request #54726 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Latest status of the integration can be found here → Alerts | Home Assistant Alerts

BMW made changes here as well so for a lot of cars, including my car, the parking light info is not available from the API anymore. That gave a lot of error messages in the log, so we made a PR that fixed that and only updates if parking light info is available. If your parking light entity has state Unavailable you can delete the entity. When BMW makes the information available again the entity will be added again on the next restart of HA. More info here → lights_parking sensor no longer available · Issue #296 · bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks @gerard33 , looks good to me. All the attributes are back as before.

I can confirm update status/lock/unlock/flash lights works now but not the horn:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 943, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://cocoapi.bmwgroup.com/eadrax-vrccs/v2/presentation/remote-commands/WBAXXXXXXXXX/horn-blow

Maybe the car doesn’t support it?
And this guy is not back either

Horn is not supported in every country indeed, for example not in England. Can you use it via the app?

And please read my previous message regarding the parking lights.

Not in the UK but in Ireland and yeah not seeing horn under the app, trying to think if it was there before the myBMW app went live
The parking lights are there and work from the app (flash lights the same thing?) but as you mentioned maybe it’s not in the api anymore.

i recently / this morning ugpraded tot 8.8 as i wanted connected drive to work again as well but im receiving an error with login:

‘’’
Logger: bimmer_connected.account
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py:168
First occurred: 9:15:18 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:15:52 AM

Authentication failed (invalid_client): Client authentication failed (e.g., login failure, unknown client, no client authentication included or unsupported authentication method)
‘’’

Is this due to not everything beeing migrated yet ? (im sure the password is correct)

Good Afternoon, I have been following the conversation regarding the transformation to the new bmw system. Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to getting the bmw connected drive integration back up and running. It has also been working on my installation without any problems. The only thing that has terminated working after the change at BMW to the My BMW App is sending notifications to my bmw via the notify.bmw_connected_drive_330e_xdrive. It will always return the following error: The My BMW API does not support sending messages without location. Maybe someone else has encoutered the same problem or maybe someone has a hint towards the solution. Thanks again for all your great work !

I’m getting this in my log over and over again, not sure when it started though, im on 2021.11.1

2021-11-08 10:05:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/sensor.py", line 535, in update
value_converted = self.hass.config.units.length(value, LENGTH_KILOMETERS)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/unit_system.py", line 116, in length
raise TypeError(f"{length!s} is not a numeric value.")
TypeError: None is not a numeric value.

I am getting the same issue. Were you able to solve it?

Mine stopped working yesterday after my App upgraded on my phone.

Same here not working for about 2 days, can’t get the fuel levels the tracker, and the lock status. Tested on 2021.11.1/2/3. Sensors returning “Unknown / Not numeric”

1 Like

I also do not have any connection anymore with my since the latest updates :frowning:

Same here. Connection lost a couple days ago.
It seems that BMW has changed something in their API, see details here:

Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update of the Connected_drive component .

I’ve just installed the beta as a custom component from that repo and it’s working again. My parking lights still aren’t showing, but I think that’s an older issue and won’t ever be coming back.

how can i install the beta?

Install as a custom_integration.

Edit: fixed link.