Bosch eBike Flow App Integration (BES3)

With Bosch Smart Connect for eBike (BES3) you are able to track Accu-Status, Status, Trips etc within the Bosch Flow App. Would love to be able to integrate it into Home Assistant. Or in generall to have eBike as a domain in Home Assistant in the first place.

If there is something I can provide or support as a owner of such a bike, let me know anytime!

Remember to vote for your own suggestion!

4 Likes

hello as we own 2 bosch flow bicycles this integration would be a dream: charging from 20°/° to 80°/° as recommended would be very easy.
So i am very much in favour of this proposal !!!

Please also note Bosch E-bike connect (BES3) smart system

1 Like

To have this integration in Home Assistant would be great!
What have I found so far: Someone wrote an adapter for ioBroker, and info about this can be found at: Test Adapter Bosch ebik connect / flow
So far I was unable to find a way to send the data that ioBroker & Bosch eBike adapter has available, to Home Assistant.
I had a look at the MQTT adapter, but it seems to be unable to publish data from ioBroker objects.
I see 2 options here: Learn from the Bosch eBike adapter and use that for a Home Assistant integration, or, find a way to get the Bosch eBike adapter data to Home Assistant.
I have no experience creating Home Assistant integrations, but I will keep working on trying to get data from ioBroker to Home Assistant. Any ideas on that are very welcome!

5 Likes

Wow! That would be nice!

I would love to have that integration in Home Assistant as well.

In the meantime, I did setup a “soft” localization of my wife’s ebike.
Using this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JqHaEP4TTk&t=1s

To make it short, using a small python script, I can link the bike localization to the phone localization when it connects to the bluetooth.

When my wife’s phone connects to the ebike, the ebike location iw updated with the phone location, As long as they are connected, it updates accordingly. When the phone is disconnected from the ebike, the ebike location will stop updating!

Simple and yet clever.

Locating the bike is nice but not really a must have.
I use it as a “safety feature”.

On her way to work (14km) she has small road sections with speeding cars and she also has to cross a forest.
As you can imagine, it’s not the safest for a cyclist, even less for a woman cyclist.

When my wife connects to the bike, I can get her ETA and then sets up some notifications:

• if she arrives before the ETA or within 5min after it, I just get a soft notification syaing she is at work (or at home)
  • if 5min after the ETA she still didn’t reach her destination, I get a stronger notification with a map view of where she is
  • if the bike doesnt move for 5 min when she is on her way to work/home, then I get an alert (it means she might have had an issue on her way).
1 Like

This would be so helpful! I’d love the ability to trigger scenes and automations based on data from my ebike. Please please please :slight_smile:

1 Like

would apreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be awesome to get some Battery stats from the Bosch motor. Then I could make me a automation to stop charging at 80% to save battery life.

3 Likes

That would be great.