Bosch Smart Home

Auto-Discovery should be available after a restart of HA. Did you try to do a restart of HA?

yes of course I did a restart (a few times) and also empty the cache.

Well I guess the issue is not (directly) with our integration, but more with HACS. There are others reporting similar issues here.

Can you provide details on the following:

• in the custom_components/bosch_shc directory, is there a file config_flow.py?
  • which boschshcpy library was installed in your system?

The problem is either related to HACS, or there is some problem within the config flow mechanism, at least that’s what I guess…

Thx for your feedback @tschamm

I just re-install everything (HACS and all integrations) - still the same issue

I have on my RP4: ~/docker/homeassistant/custom_components/bosch_shc and also the config_flow.py is in this directory.

For the installation of HACS I used this: https://hacs.xyz/docs/setup/download (Option 2: Run the downloader inside the container) so I hope no mistake with the HACS installation.

I installed the latest 0.4.23 lib.

Ok, and can you see which version of boschshcpy is used? This is located in the site-packages folder of your python system.

The problem can also result from errors in your configuration.yaml, see this post:

Just out of curiosity: Did you configure bosch_shc within the configuration.yaml? This may lead to an error as well.

Hey there,
I’m using the HACS integration of Bosch Smart Home Controller (SHC) for some months now and im still impressed by it. I don’t regret having bought the Bosch components.

The only thing i’m missing is triggering scenarios in combination with presence controll. I wanted to solve this with an automation from Home Assistant.

I tried to use the service “Bosch SHC: tigger_scenario” to trigger the scenario i wanted but I can’t get it to work. What do i have to type into the service data field to select the right scenario?

service: bosch_shc.trigger_scenario
data:
  name: Haus verlassen

Hi
anything in the log when you trigger the scenario?

I do not use the scenarios yet, but I created a new scenario named “Test1” in Bosch-App on my phone and called the service from the DEV-Tools with (YAML-Mode)

service: bosch_shc.trigger_scenario
data:
  name: Test1

switched on a lamp as configured in the scenario.
Had to restart HA to pick up the new scenario in the integration, prior to that Error was

[homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [2851611960] Error handling message: value must be one of [] for dictionary value @ data['name']. Got None

Did you create the “Haus verlassen”-Scenario in the App and configure the actions? The scenarios are listed as preconfigured, but I believe they do not exist as scenario until you went through the configuration and stored it as a new scenario.

Armin

1 Like

Hey Armin,
thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I tried it first with the 2 preconfigured scenarios. After this i createad a new scenario named “Test” but i didn’t restart HA after this.

Now after the reboot it works. Thanks a lot!

Edit: I also got the same Error message when i was trying with a different syntax to select the scenario.

Hi @tschamm

not sure if this is already supported or not - are there plans to expose the Scenarios from the Controller as scene entities? I saw that there is an API for scenarios
https://apidocs.bosch-smarthome.com/local/#/Scenarios/get_scenarios

and e.g. the hue integration also exposes all hue scenes as Entity with name scene.<room>_<scene_name>

That would be a nice enhancement.

Thanks, Andre

Scenarios can be triggered via events currently. I‘ll have a look next week if it makes sense to integrate it the way hue does it.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m wondering if someone has an YAML (or via GUI) example, how to configure an automation, that is listening for an event, if the alarm has been fired. I’m currently listening on the state of the smoke detectors, but I experienced, that this now has a 5-6 seconds delay.

Also, I would be interested in what device has triggered the event, if possible.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Best,
Philip

- alias: Turn on lights on smoke alarm
    trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: bosch_shc.event
        event_data:
          id: "smokeDetectionSystem"
          event_type: "ALARM"
    action:
      - service: homeassistant.turn_on
        entity_id:
          - switch.livingroom_light1
etc, etc

This does have a slight delay and does not tell you which fired.
However, you can do the same on individual alarms and you get instant firing of the event and you can tell which one it is. The downside being that if you have 5 smoke alarms you would need 5 automations.

Is it possible to trigger the siren of all smoke detectors simultaniously based on an HA automation? If yes, how?

1 Like

Did I miss something or are the water sensors not supported (yet) ?

I can get information about battery level, but I don’t get a hint on wet / dry or on / off?

What component are you using? The custom one or the one shipped with HA? The water sensor is supported in the custom component version.
Best, Thomas

Till now I am only using the sipped version. So I should install the custom version I guess.

Correct, with the custom component platform support is much better. I am working on getting the shipped component on the same level, but this takes time.

Hi, I’m new to Home Assistant and slowly building my Dashboard. I use BSH for windows, doors and other things. What I also use is the Alarm Szenario. I have a Shortcut where I activate the Alarm Scenario from the BSH System. I’d like to do this from within HA - but I figured out that I cannot trigger any BSH Scernarios, only sensors are available.

I understood that there are two BSH integrations for SA - the official one (I’m using) and this for HACS. Will this version bring the supported feature I’m looking for? Can I use both entities on my HA, or do I have to uninstall one?

Thanks for any support!

Hi Nils,
welcome to this Forum. The HACS version does support BSH scenarios. You can trigger them via Events.
Just install the HACS version in addition to the official one, and you will have full support.
Best, Thomas

1 Like