Bosch Smart Home

Hello,

I am currently facing the same problem as saxn-paule is having.
I receive the following error message, since I switched my router to an opnsense machine.

Failed to get public information from SHC controller: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='169.254.239.9', port=8446): Max retries exceeded with url: /smarthome/public/information (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f74eb685a90>, 'Connection to 169.254.239.9 timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))

So I guess it must have something to do with the BOSCH SHC not being able to receive an ipv4 adress from opnsense? But I am able to control the Bosch SHC with the Bosch App on my phone.
Maybe homeassistant is trying to reach a service outside of my network and its getting blocked?

Does anyone have a clue?

EDIT: I don’t know how and why but the reinstallation of the Bosch SHC Integration solved the problem. Technology…

2 Likes

yesterday after an SHC Update to 10.2.2169-21183 i had the same problem and logs. Reinstallation was successful. So maybe the Update broke something.

With 0.4.17, the config flow is again the same as with the core integration. Hopefully the issues with link local addresses are fixed now and forever :wink:

Hi
can you share some information where the official integration currently is in comparison to the custom component, especially regarding supported devices?
No pressure from my side of course, I’m happy with the custom component as it is, runs stable, I update manually once in a while. I never migrated to the HACS, don’t want to take the risk to have entities renamed.
Just asking if it’s already time to plan for a migration,

thanks for what you have provided so far :slight_smile:
Armin

Hi there,

Just leaving a big thanks for your work here. I was desparately searching for a possibility to control/combine my Homematic IP (CCU3) with the Bosch system. Looking forward for further development.

Kind regards

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to use the Bosch TRVs like other TRVs with shedy heating? There seems to be no entity called climate.xxx

Well, it should create climate entities. Which version of the component are you running, the custom component or the default? Default does not yet support the climate platform.

I use the custom component. After deleting the TRV in the Bosch app and pairing it again + restarting Home-Assistant created the climate entity.

Thank You.

Just for my understanding:
I can install the official HASS integration and the version from the HACS respository at the same time? Or do I even have to, because the HACS version is built on top of the integration?
If I install the official version, then the light on my eyes camera is not recognized, if I install the HACS version additionally, then I can control it.

Hello everybody,

does anyone got the WRC2 working?
How do i configure the bosch_shc.event as an automation?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Raven1

this is straight forward: In the devices list (settings → devices) select the WRC2 device, press the + button in the automation area. You should get a list of events, e.g. “upper button long press”. Select the desired event and create the automation.

Best, Thomas

Thanks did that already, somehow had to reload the integration, now it works.

Thank you

Just as information for those who are interested, Bosch is delivering the option to turn off automatic updates on the SHC with the App Update next week. It’s already integrated in the SHC Updated from 13th Dec. 13. Dezember 2021 | Software Release Notes | Bosch Smart Home System | Bosch Smart Home

For me this is great news because you now have the choice to wait if there is an update that breaks or changes the integration with HA.

1 Like

Hi guys,

yesterday i switched to the HACS integration of Bosch Smart Home Controller (SHC). Unfortunately I’m not able to get the integration up and running; but I’m also new “on HACS” :wink:

So what I did:

1. getting HACS installed
  2. SHC installed truth HACS (incl. the LOG that you mentioned @tschamm

2021-12-28 09:04:01 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration bosch_shc which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

1. Try to add the integration with Configuration - Integrations - Add Integration - each for Bosch SHC
    but i get an

Error
Config flow could not be loaded

Any hints what I need to do to get this integration running with HACS?

And maybe somebody can tell me also how I can activate the auto discovery? That works also not :frowning:

Thx,
Atha

Auto-Discovery should be available after a restart of HA. Did you try to do a restart of HA?

yes of course I did a restart (a few times) and also empty the cache.

Well I guess the issue is not (directly) with our integration, but more with HACS. There are others reporting similar issues here.

Can you provide details on the following:

• in the custom_components/bosch_shc directory, is there a file config_flow.py?
  • which boschshcpy library was installed in your system?

The problem is either related to HACS, or there is some problem within the config flow mechanism, at least that’s what I guess…

Thx for your feedback @tschamm

I just re-install everything (HACS and all integrations) - still the same issue

I have on my RP4: ~/docker/homeassistant/custom_components/bosch_shc and also the config_flow.py is in this directory.

For the installation of HACS I used this: https://hacs.xyz/docs/setup/download (Option 2: Run the downloader inside the container) so I hope no mistake with the HACS installation.

I installed the latest 0.4.23 lib.

Ok, and can you see which version of boschshcpy is used? This is located in the site-packages folder of your python system.

The problem can also result from errors in your configuration.yaml, see this post:

Just out of curiosity: Did you configure bosch_shc within the configuration.yaml? This may lead to an error as well.