Bosch Solution 2000 / 3000 Alarm Integration

Yeah, though 20 seconds is crazy to me, for me its usually about 1 second or so which is usable, but of course push based is much preferred since that is instant

It might be possible to poll slightly faster, ill have to have a look

I know Bosch have released some updates for the ethernet module and the panel itself though, I wonder if any of them help at all

Appreciate your work and help here and on github. Firmware is latest, still same issue. So I just ordered a DSC board, keypad and Envisalink to replace the Bosch system.

Bosch do have a push based firmware in development which should fix this issue, but i have zero clue when that will be released.

Does this plugin work with the beta firmware that has push?

Yes, I have been working with Bosch specifically on said firmware

Will your plugin be the official plugin that Bosch is getting certified to work with Home Assistant?

Thatā€™s the plan yes

1 Like

Just added output support, and fixed the firmware version so that it reports the firmware version number instead of the protocol version number

1 Like

Hi mate, hope you well. I installed the mag1024 repo and when try to add the integration it keeps on saying ā€œPlease wait, starting configuration wizard for Bosch Alarmā€ for a long time and eventually shows this error " Error Config flow could not be loaded: Unknown error"
Any idea? Cheers.

Iā€™m not really sure what would cause that, anything in your log?

Mind opening a ticket on GitHub? Itā€™s easier to keep track of issues on there.

Hi folks, just wanted to share my experience getting this working.

I first tried about a year ago and couldnā€™t, eventually gave up. I recently resurrected my HA setup from scratch and am much happier AND I got the Bosch Solution 3000 working.

Setup is an intel NUC with HA running in Docker
I had a working B426 (not sure if itā€™s -M) and RSC+ setup for about 2 years.

After setting up HA and HACS and loading the bosch integration I kept getting stuck at the ā€œwizardā€ asking for host, port & RSC+ code. No matter what I entered I just got ā€œFailed to connectā€ (this might not be the exact wording) and couldnā€™t proceed.

I eventually figured out how to enable debug msging for just HACS, by adding this to HAā€™s configuration.yml:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.hacs: debug
    aiogithubapi: debug
    bosch_alarm_mode2.panel: debug

But didnā€™t see the reason for the connect failure. I eventually modified the local Bosch integrations source code to log the error so I could at least see if it was a timeout, a connection refused or one of the other 4 errors that cause the generic ā€œFailed to connectā€ messageā€¦ It was ā€œConnection Refusedā€.

I couldnā€™t telnet to the B426 card via its IP and port 7700 either, also ā€œConnection Refusedā€.

I eventually read that you can connect a web browser to it, but it wasnā€™t responding on port 80 (ā€œConnection refusedā€), however when I typed https:// it came up with a prompt ā€œB426 Loginā€. The seemingly widely known default password B42V2 worked. I didnā€™t see any obvious settings to enable incoming connections via 7700, and the port was 7700 (I saw this on my modems UPNP too). I found a setting called ā€œLegacy TCP Automation Enableā€ and it was set to ā€œNoā€. I found some reference in a BOSCH manual that this is indeed for old automation methods, figured Iā€™d give it a shot turning it on.

After this the B426 rebooted, and I was still able to log in via https and the default password, however the ā€œLegacy TCP Automation Enableā€ setting was back to ā€œNoā€. I tried telnet to port 7700 once more, and it worked!!

I read some people here were in a similar situation and eventually gave up or bought a new B426. I donā€™t think the ā€œLegacy TCP Automation Enableā€ setting was what fixed it, itā€™s possibly just because the B426 rebootedā€¦ I donā€™t know.

After this I was finally able to use the HA Bosch Alarm integration, saw it connect, and it picked up binary sensors for all my motion sensors, which I didnā€™t expect. Now I can view the sensor state change when people walk around in the house, this is awesome!!

Hope this helps someone, and thanks to Sanjay and anyone else who worked on this integration.

FYI @sanjay900 I added a github issue with the code change I made (exception logging)

I had similar issues a few years ago but tried again. Initially I could not connect to the B426M but a reboot for the alarm brought it back up on my network. I web accessed it (https) and used the default password. I have updated the alarm unit (Solution 3000 to v2.10) and the B426M to V3.10.030 and rebooted again. Now I can use the HACS solution above and it all workes perfectly! This is awesome, I cant wait to set some automations to turn lights on as I enter rooms!

Not that i expect it to help anybody here, but AMAX support was just merged in

Just added logos and icons, both dark and light variants

1 Like

Finally got mine to work - I believe I have a B426 and 3000 series alarm setup.

I can see all 5 of my zones in HA now, as well as the Area Control Panel.

However it looks like my Area Control Panel will become ā€˜Unavailableā€™ for 30 seconds every 3 minutes. This might pose a problem if I want to construct any automation for it.

Anyone got any idea? As per the integration I have Firmware v2.0 which I believe might be outdated, but I donā€™t have the Direct Link Adapter tool to upgrade it :frowning:

I get these errors in the log everytime it happens:

Logger: root
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py:297
First occurred: 1:00:37 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:11:20 AM

Connection monitor exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py", line 293, in _monitor_connection
    await self._monitor_connection_once()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py", line 324, in _monitor_connection_once
    await self._connect(load_selector)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py", line 256, in _connect
    await self.load(load_selector)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py", line 181, in load
    await self._load_history()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bosch_alarm_mode2/panel.py", line 281, in _load_history
    data = await self._connection.send_command(self._history_cmd, request)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exception: ('NACK: ', 'Non-specific error')

and

Logger: bosch_alarm_mode2.panel
Source: runner.py:188
First occurred: 1:00:02 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:10:46 AM

Heartbeat expired (0:03:02.669256): resetting connection.
Heartbeat expired (0:03:02.611324): resetting connection.
Heartbeat expired (0:03:02.627650): resetting connection.
Heartbeat expired (0:03:02.594038): resetting connection.

Can you check you have the latest firmware on your B426? That module can be updated via its web interface, so you can do that without the DLA

Yep I updated the the firmware on my B426M (found it was a 426M when i opened up the alarm) - version 03.10.0030 (May 15 2020 11:02:41)

Still having the same issue - it drops out at exactly 3 minutes for about 30 seconds and comes back and those errors are the only ones my HA logs show when I set the integration to debug mode

Dodgy cable?

Have you changed this setting at all? I had it set to enable and it caused a lot of issues with stability.