Brilliant Light Switch control (Brand name, not just a compliment)

Just like normal. No changes. It does everything it always does. I have my own pictures on there so I’m not showing you :

1 Like

I was able to pair with home kit but it looks like it only supports control of the light wired through the brilliant in home assistant. I cannot see how to make my home assistant lights available to be controlled on the brilliant. Anyone able to make this work?

1 Like

I was able to get all of my zigbee connected lights in Home Assistant to work on my Brilliant switches by installing the Emulated Hue integration.

After you set up Emulated Hue in Home Assistant, go to your Brilliant switch and select Add Device, then select Philips Hue Lights/Bridge.

2 Likes

I will give this a try. Thanks!

How were you able to get past where it asks you to press the button on your Hue Bridge?

I did this several months ago with my Brilliant. The Brilliant never requested that the button be pressed. It just went ahead and added the devices.

Are you getting prompted to press the Hue bridge button? I did not have to do the button press when adding to the Zigbee Integration, I just waited for each light to be found.

When I did this I was actively migrating all of my lights from the Hue Hub to Zigbee Integration, so I would delete one light from the Philips Hue app on my phone and then search in the Zigbee Integration. The bulb I just deleted from Hue would then be found by Zigbee. Once I finished moving all of my lights I was able to add the Philips Hue device on my Brilliant and they were all found by Brilliant.

1 Like

I was getting prompted for a button push. I figured it out though!! I think the issue was that I had a hue bridge connected to my network and it was latching on to that instead of seeing the HomeAssistant. Once I disconnected the hue it picked it right up. Thanks for all of your help.

I already have my Hue bridge connected to my Brilliant switches. Are you only connecting Emulated Hue to Brilliant? I tried disconnecting my Hue bridge from the network and still got prompted for a button push. Let it search for a few mins, but nothing was found.

It requested the button press for me but moved past that step without any intervention on my part. Hue is setup on mine but I did have the bridge disconnected when I tried the second time.

1 Like

I am running into the button press issue on my parents house. They don’t have a hue bridge either. Not sure what the heck is going on. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!!

Please upvote my feature request for a native Brilliant integration:

I am also getting the request to press a button. Did you resolve this?

Totally agree. If there was a native Brilliant integration with Home Assistant I would replace many of the switches in my house.

EVERYONE! Fill this form out to let Brilliant know that we WANT an API released… Public API/SDK Interest

Thanks for the reminder. I have filled out the Brilliant form several times already over the months.

Personally, I don’t use these to replace a switch. I just power them and use them to control my Sonos and with Ring doorbell. I do have the other functions (intercom, ecobee, Hue) up and running, but really have little need for them. Doing it this way (not actually controlling a switch), I really don’t miss the lack of an API.

Thanks for this.
You’re right. It’s Tuya.
Just scanned the QR code on the back of a “Brilliant Smart WiFi plug with USB charger”
links to Brilliant Smart which redirects to the Australian branded app site for Brilliant.
Will give that a shot now.

No. Ultimately gave up on getting them to work. Still a slick in wall controller but only controls my Sonos. Very disappointed but I still check occasionally to see if anyone has figured it out.

Man… I keep checking… Home Assistant integration would get me to completely upgrade my whole home to Brilliant

1 Like

My new home came with a bunch of them. Sold them all on eBay as soon as finding out that there’s no way to integrate them with HA.