Brilliant Light Switch control (Brand name, not just a compliment)

I am running into the button press issue on my parents house. They don’t have a hue bridge either. Not sure what the heck is going on. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!!

Please upvote my feature request for a native Brilliant integration:

I am also getting the request to press a button. Did you resolve this?

Totally agree. If there was a native Brilliant integration with Home Assistant I would replace many of the switches in my house.

EVERYONE! Fill this form out to let Brilliant know that we WANT an API released… Public API/SDK Interest

Thanks for the reminder. I have filled out the Brilliant form several times already over the months.

Personally, I don’t use these to replace a switch. I just power them and use them to control my Sonos and with Ring doorbell. I do have the other functions (intercom, ecobee, Hue) up and running, but really have little need for them. Doing it this way (not actually controlling a switch), I really don’t miss the lack of an API.

Thanks for this.
You’re right. It’s Tuya.
Just scanned the QR code on the back of a “Brilliant Smart WiFi plug with USB charger”
links to Brilliant Smart which redirects to the Australian branded app site for Brilliant.
Will give that a shot now.

No. Ultimately gave up on getting them to work. Still a slick in wall controller but only controls my Sonos. Very disappointed but I still check occasionally to see if anyone has figured it out.

Man… I keep checking… Home Assistant integration would get me to completely upgrade my whole home to Brilliant

1 Like

My new home came with a bunch of them. Sold them all on eBay as soon as finding out that there’s no way to integrate them with HA.