Broadlink IR Climate Component

Yes, no problem. I’ve yet to test through your component but I did test a few scattered individual codes from heating, cooling and auto modes and they function fine through the broadlink send_packet facility in HA.

I have two of the similar models here, R24AWN and R09AWN Split Type AC’s and the codes will work for any of a similar range.

BTW, how would I control this through the HA frontend? Or is it only really used for automation purposes? Sorry, fairly new to HA.

By default, you must have a climate component on the front end.
Like this
air

Did you add it to your groups?

Ahh of course, I hadn’t added the main climate call. It’s there now, thanks!

Anyone else have issues with more than three operations in the iOS app? If I have four operations (idle, cool, heat, auto), the top option in the iOS app doesn’t appear and so can’t be selected. This of course goes in the order of how it is specified in the configuration.yaml, so if the order is shifted, still the top one gets cut off. Disabling one option ends up working fine (I removed the ‘auto’ option) but something to flag anyway.

1 Like

This is awesome!! I was looking at doing something like this, but it’s already done!! And it works well. Even Homekit on my iPhone see it as a climate control device, and works perfectly.

I have a Mitsubishi Electrics split air conditioner, and just used the included code list, and for the most part, it works well. Just can’t seem to get AUTO mode to work properly. Maybe no codes for that yet?

Anyway, thanks to the @Vassilis for creating this. Well done. :smiley:

Have a look at the .ini and feel free to create the codes! Doesn’t take too long :slight_smile:

Hello, did this component get broken in 0.59.1? It was working fine before I updated.

From my log:
WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating command_line sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:01
2017-12-05 13:55:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 179, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/config/custom_components/climate/broadlink.py”, line 181, in _async_temp_sensor_changed
yield from self.async_update_ha_state()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 231, in async_update_ha_state
attr)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 333, in _attr_setter
value = getattr(self, name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 736, in supported_features
raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

Hi,
Please update the code from github.
Thank you.

2 Likes

That did it, many thanks! I didn’t think to look for an update in Github.

Hi guys,
New improvement. Now the climate component remembers the last state before Home Assistant restart

2 Likes

@Vassilis Thanks a lot for your awesome component.
I lost the ability to change the fan mode from the component with the last updates (the only option in the card is to change operation and temperature). I think that it could be related with the SUPPORT_FLAGS.

Could be possible that is missing the SUPPORT_FAN_MODE ?
I suppose that is necessary to include it in the import (*from homeassistant.components.climate import) and in the SUPPORT_FLAGS

It’s true.
I fixed it.
Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Is anyone controlling this component through Google Home/Assistant? I’m able to set the temperature and turn on the operation mode to cool or heat (through voice control) but unable to turn the operation mode to ‘idle’ or off.

Any ideas?

@talondnb, Yes, I do.
I do with IFTTT. I send a post to mi public ip (https://mySubdomain.duckdns.org:8123/api/services/climate/set_operation_mode?api_password=MyPass) with the next json body:
{“entity_id”:" climate.my_ac_id",“operation_mode”: “idle”}

I have to add more than 180 codes into the ini file and it’s taking me forever. I’m wondering how do you guys do that? For me, i created all the buttons in my phone’s broadlink app and then learn the signal for each buttons.

I’m using IFTTT only for Kodi control.

For the google assistant integration I’m using the native component and exposed the climate domain. This gets picked up in the google assistant app as a device (thermostat) but still can’t figure out why it won’t respond to an off or idle command.

I just sat there for an hour and fed the codes into the RM via the learning facility - have a look at the lg.ini in the package, that was created by me. I was feeding all codes at a time and you can figure out the order easy enough by viewing the front page of HA on another device (I was logged into HA from my phone to trigger the learning each time).

Can you set up the demo climate component and tell me your results?

Sorry, I’m not using google home.

Just to be clear, the climate component works as it should. :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with google home voice control - if I say ‘hey google, set the living room AC to cool’ it will work. But if I say ‘hey google, set the living room AC to idle/off’ it won’t switch off…