Broadlink IR Climate Component

I have a Sanyo heat/cool mini-split and the remote has a thermometer built into it. It appears that the remote transmits the current room temperature as part of the command. As such, learning is much more complicated than instructed here. Each command has a target temp and current room temp. In fact, I think the device sends silent temperature change updates to the wall unit, even when a button isn’t pressed because it knows when to go in and out of ‘idle’ based only on the temperature of the remote. I tested this in a couple of ways.

Does anyone here have a remote with the thermostat built in? Can this component even accommodate such a setup or is it expecting the thermometer to be built into the wall unit?

I created a Sumikura.ini file. How do I contribute? Also could you please make a change to the default_operation_from_idle so that it will check if the sensor temperature lower/higher than the input target temperature. If its lower the operation mode change to heating and if its higher the mode change to cooling. It will make the thermostat much more intelligent.
Thanks.

Also the max_temp - min_temp doesnt work with google assistant. When I ordered a higher/lower temp than the max/min (ie 8* over and 16-30 range) via GA the temperature on component change to the requested temp without considering the limit. Result is the request failed and GA reply “there are an error…” could you please fix it?

Hi,
Should I put IP and mac address of the broadlink device or raspberry pi?
And where to put “broadlink_climate_codes” folder?

Thanks

climate platform you have to but the broadlink ip and mac address to get the temperature and also to send packet (command).

As @Sunonline mentioned above. Also, the folder goes into your root config folder (where configuration.yaml resides).

1 Like

please note that HA 0.61.1 , the developer tools>service, currently have change the name of broadlink send and learn command to switch.broadlink_send_packet***

So if you have had put this service in your automation or script or inside HA earlier, you have to change the name according to the new service name or else you cannot use that service.

Thank you.

@talondnb and @Sunonline Thank you very much.

This is cool, but I guess with the changes introduced in 0.61, the broadlink.py doesn’t work anymore?

any input on this?

Upgrade to 0.61.1 or newer.

I am on 0.62…but it doesn’t work…I think you have to be on pre-0.61

Mine is 0.62.1 works fine.

Version 62.1 works fine

Hmm…I get errors. When I upgraded to .061 Broadlink stop working because they changed the broadlink.py file. So I had to modify my yaml’s to reflect the change. Was this modified broadlink.py file also modified with the same changes?

the dev service for broadlink have change from broadlink.send_packet_ip and broadlink.learn_ip / this 2 services have change with the switch in front of broadlink.
switch.broadlink.send_***
switch.broadlink.learn_***
So if you have any script, automation or anything with broadlink service you have to change to the new name to get it working.

As I mentioned, you have to upgrade to 0.61.1 (note the .1!) which fixes the broadlink issue.

I am running 0.61.1 and I am having the broadlink problem tried a complete reinstall still not joy?

Hey @Vassilis

So I have set it up as shown for my AC for fujitsu with file pasted by @xdream101im and my HA shows a climate option and seems to work fine I think (on off works)… But now how do i get google assistant to see it as a switch and turn it on and set a temperature?

So my current options are

1. Show the AC as a switch and GA turns it on or off
switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: XXXXXXX
    mac: 'XXXXXX'
    switches:
        ac_fujitsu:
        friendly_name: "AC"
        command_on: 'JgAGAW40DwwQDBAmEAwQJw8MEAwPDBAnDycQDBAMDwwQJw8nEAwPDBAMEAwPDBAMEAwPDBAMDwwQDBAMDwwQJw8MEAwQDA8MEAwQDA8MECcPDBAMEAwPDBAnDycQJw8nECcPJxAmECcPDBAMECcPDBAMDwwQDQ8MDwwQDBAMDycQJw8MEAwPJxAMDwwQDBAnDycQJhAMECYQDBAMDwwQDBAMDwwQDBAMDwwQDA8MEAwQDA8MEAwQDA8nEAwPDBAnDwwQDBAMDycQDA8MEAwQDA8MEAwQDA8MEAwQDA8MEAwQJhAMEAwPDBAMEAwPDBAMDycQDBAMDycQJhAMECcPDBAMDwwQDBAADQUAAA=='
        command_off: 'JgB2AG40Dw0PDBAnDwwQJw8MEAwQDA8nECcNDg4ODQ8NKQ0pDg4ODg0ODg4NDw0ODg4NDw0ODg4NDg4ODg4NKQ4ODQ4ODg4ODQ4ODg4ODSkODg0ODg4ODg0pDg4NDg4ODg4NDg4ODSkODg4oDikNKQ4pDSkOKQ0ADQUAAA=='

Or

1. Use it as a climate in HA but then GA doesn’t see it after syncing devices
climate:
  - platform: broadlink
    name: AC
    host: XXXXXXXX
    mac: 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
    ircodes_ini: 'custom_components/broadlink_climate_codes/fujitsu.ini'
    min_temp: 16
    max_temp: 30
    target_temp: 20
    temp_sensor: sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e
    default_operation: off
    default_fan_mode: mid
    customize:
      operations:
        - 'off'
        - idle
        - cool
        - heat
      fan_modes:
        - low
        - mid
        - high
        - auto

My GA Config

google_assistant:
  project_id: XXXX
  client_id: XXXXX
  access_token: XXXXX
  agent_user_id: XXXXXXX
  api_key: XXXXXXX
 exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
    - climate
  entity_config:
    sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e:
      type: climate
      expose: true
      name: Living Room
    sensor.temperature_158d0001fa9917:
      type: climate
      expose: true
      name: Bedroom

Suggestions??? I think the AC is showing as a “temperature sensor” in google assistant… This seems to be the issue… It says “That mode isin’t available for AC” as it is seeing it as a temperature sensor.

Hi, I am trying to use media_player. But I am getting after configuration validation that:
Failed config media_player.broadlink:

So Hassio doesn’t know that kind of component. I added as custom component.

I tried to use climate and everything was ok.

Maybe anyone knows where could be a problem?

I’m using 0.61.1 and climate is working great together with google assistant!!

However, how do I add extra function/features? Currently the features is based on cool/heat and fan speed, how can I add the vent to let it swing at certain angle?

Pls advice what should I add in broadlink.py so I can updates the IR codes ini later.