Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I can learn codes through the ihc app, so it is not the hardware. (aside: if anyone knows how to export codes from the ihc app, my problems will be solved. e-control does not work for me.)

I’m having the same issue; Broadlink Manager and e-Control don’t work. I’ve found no way of exporting the codes from the ihc app either. I’m trying with Wireshark but have been unsuccessful at the moment.

1 Like

I am starting to wonder if the protocol has been changed for my model.

I used the python-broadlink cli tools to discover my broadlink switch and report info about it. This worked, it is discovered as device type “0x279d”, which I found online means “rm3 pro plus” or “rm2 pro plus3” depending on where you’re looking. I note that this is not listed in the broadlink HA docs as a supported device, although looking at the code, the specific type doesn’t seem to be used anywhere.

Unfortunately the broadlink_cli tool also did not learn any rf codes (it learns ir codes just fine). It just sits there and eventually times out that it did not receive a response from the broadlink device, which is the same behavior that HA gives. Is this the library HA is using underneath?

I am starting to wonder if the broadlink protocol has changed for this model. This might explain why the older e-control app does not work, the newer ihc app works (sort of), and the python cli does not work.

It might be time to fire up wireshark again and take a look at what’s going on (sigh).

Been there already with the same model too and I eventually managed to make it work with e-Control for Android. I was under the very same impression: IHC for iOS worked whereas e-Control for iOS didn’t but I decided to give this a shot and it eventually worked out. Of course HA wouldn’t learn RF codes either. I believe this is your case too, right?

At the beginning e-Control for Android did not catch any code either but at some point I remember I first did a “frequency scan” (or something like that), and then I tried to learn one of the buttons of my remote, and it worked!

From Tomer’s Broadlink list above, I too own the same model as you do:

0x27a9: //“RM2 Pro Plus_300”;

see Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands - #82 by kitus

Maybe we are getting to the bottom of this. From this thread:

It looks like there is recent work to incorporate the “sweep frequency” functionality into the HA broadlink python library. Maybe that is the missing link for getting this to work from HA. It hasn’t been merged or released yet.

Will test and report.

Hello guys. Have you tested this solution? Broadlink e-control to yaml

For me, this is my go-to solution to get Broadlink Mini and PRO codes to HA.

Thanks.

Yes. Unfortunately e-control won’t even connect to my wifi, so it’s not a solution for me.

Make sure you are not using complex characters in your ssid encryption key and that you are using the 2,4Ghz band.

Yes, thanks. Confirmed both conditions met.

Hi guys… Just started in this marvelous world of domotics with Home Assistant, but as many of you, I am stuck with my RM Pro+ and Boardlink Manager.
Whatever I do, the remote code is not detected.

So any help would be appreciated.

(BTW, I bought the RM Pro + 2018 version)

I suggest this: Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands - #110 by kitus

@anderson110 hi,
as for now it’s only supports one device at a time (the first to find).
i’m working on update that will allow enumerating all available devices on your network.
also working on command line tools that will allow you to choose the device you want to send the command to.

1 Like

@Tomer_Klein Hello.
I can’t add My RmPlus with Broadlink Manager, i reset Broadlink twice times (3 Light 1 Off) (Slowly) (Ap Mode)
But when i tried add it, in log it show “ssid has been set” but i can’t add it.
I turned off Firewall, Real protection,…
Can you help me? Thanks

Is it intentional that the program does not show the commands that the device already knows?

I taught the device some things from my mobile app, but the dropdown in “Send command” is empty.

Hi @bitttttten,
All the codes are in the app itself and not in the Broadlink device and this is why you can’t see is on the broadlink manager.
The list box is for the codes you learned using my app and also for broadcasting.

@Khoi_Nguy_n hi,
Do you have wireless adapter on your computer?
i not you can’t pair the device from my app.
you should pair it using eControl.

1 Like

Hi @Tomer_Klein,
I want to use your software to learn IR/RF commands, but i can’t connect your software with rm plus :(. My Desktop have Wireless adapter.

same here, cant get it to work

Looking for devices...
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.158]
Writing compatible device not detected!

Hi,
I’ll add a logger to my app and send you an update.
With this log i hope to find and fix it.

Looking for devices…
Found device : Unknown [192.168.11.2]

i have same problem