Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi All,
Added support for the following RM Devices:
0x653c: (rm4, “RM4 pro”, “Broadlink”)
0x649B: (rm4, “RM4 pro”, “Broadlink”)
0x653a: (rm4, “RM4 mini”, “Broadlink”)
Just make sure to pull the latest version.

2 Likes

Hi @2006yamahar6,
I’ll check it and if it possible I’ll add the support for this device.

@Tomer_Klein Can you please add RM4mini 0x648d? Thx

Hi folks,

Is there any way around sending rolling codes ? I am trying to automate RF433 roller shutters, and they have wireless RF433 controllers.

There is no wired switch to 'hack" into, as such. I tried to learn and send codes using Broadlink RM4 Pro, and found out the remotes send rolling codes.

Is there a solution for such situations ?
Cheers.

I doubt rolling codes are supported by broadlink, they generally aren’t because security…

You could source a 2nd remote and hard-wire a relay across the switch button.

I had the same problem with my Somfy blinds. I found the following two links
https://github.com/Nickduino/Somfy_Remote
and I implemented this:
https://github.com/RoyOltmans/somfy_esp8266_remote_arduino
Because the Somfy blinds use a slightly different freq, I had to buy replacement crystals and solder them in place (as described in the links). It works perfectly. I have even created timed covers so I can use s slider to open or close partially.

The Broadlink is great for remote power sockets (the old kind that had 4 button remotes). I have also added controlleres to some roller blinds that the Broadlink controls
Kogan SmarterHome™ Smart Blinds Driver I don’t connect them to the app, just learn the RF remote commands.

1 Like

Hi @Groto,
0x648d is already supported

Oh ok. Any idea why it would show up as not supported in the UI? That is what I am seeing. Thanks

Will check it

Thank you!

OK I can’t tell if I’m being an idiot or missing something or what. I’ve got an RM2 Pro Plus3 and I’m trying to pair a TC2 switch. These switches have always worked fine but for some reason two of mine have randomly scrambled their pairings so I need to re-pair them. The e-Control app is now totally broken, I think Broadlink have turned off the servers or something. Anyway.

I’ve got it running on a Pi and can connect to my RM2 absolutely fine. I press Learn RF Code, then press and hold my TC2 switch. Nothing happens. This is all I get from the log output:

Device:[IP address] entering RF learning mode
Device:[IP address] is sweeping for frequency
Device:[IP address] RF Frequency not found!

And that’s it. That’s all it will ever do. What am I missing here? Am I throwing away all my TC2 switches and looking for something else, or is there a way of getting these to work again?

Is there an update to the windows version for the RM4Pro please?

Any update on this? Thanks!

I just got the RM4 TV mate (0x5209) I noticed it does not seem supported in HA 2021.10.6.
Is it currently supported or could I be doing something wrong?

I would be willing to look into learning how to add support if I could get some pointers in that direction.

-thanks

Thinking of adding a Broadlink system - which model works well with home assistant - Mini, Pro etc.

If you only need IR I can definitely say the RM 3 mini works great. I’ve had a few going for years now. The RM 4 mini has a better mounting design though so if I was to get more I’d get one of those.

What’s the range for this device for IR/RF signals.

Rm4 pro range on Rf is pretty good. I have one setup in a 2nd bedroom and it hits a light/fan thingy in 3rd bedroom which is down a hallway probably 15 metres away. It needs a slight tweak of the signal like a repeat or hold at that range. IR works, although I can’t say I’ve tested it for distance, it’s sitting infront of the projector it controls.

The temp humidity cord is nice too.

AU $57.76 30%OFF | 2021 Broadlink RM4 Pro IR RF Universal Remote Casa Interruptor Wifi Smart Life Smart Home Automation Support Alexa Google Home

Got mine there, shipping was pretty quick

How do I know which version is my RM4 Pro, recently purchased on Ali? Here’s a screen of the device info on the Broadlink app.

EDIT: I looks like it must be 0x653c or similar…

I’m asking because I can’t get my device to be detected either by the Broadlink manager app on Windows or the docker image on a RPi.

Thanks!

Did you have a chance to check this? Thx!

I don’t actually see 0x648d in the device list in broadlinkmanager.py. Does it just need to be added?