Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

how is it possible that I can’t find my R3 Mini ??? I have 3 in the whole house but not one can find it, I use them quietly with Alexa, then in the Broadlink integration of HA I easily connect to my R3 mini

why can’t i connect with broadlink manager?

Hi all,
Version 5.9.1 has been released.
I added more devices to the supported list (Updated the readme).

1 Like

Hi @Tomer_Klein. Thanks for the great work on Broadlink Manager! Took quite a while to research on how to get RF codes out of Broadlink with TC2 (no neutral) light switches.

Was a bit of trial and error but found a way to use the windows version of BM to get the codes. What did:
Start BM
Connect to device (RM2 pro plus in my case)
Hit learn new command
Select RF
During RF frequency scan, hold down a button on any RF remote that uses the same frequency (key part)
When it says RF frequency scan [2/2], use the broadlink app to activate the TC2 like normal.
Data appears as it should.

Hope this helps!

You can use Learn Climate, TV and etc codes

Ok, I am completely new to Home Assistant and Broadlink Manager. I am using it on Windows and was able to get it working after updating a couple files as it seems only the docker side is updated.

Since I am new at this, how do I integrate Broadlink Manager into Home Assistant? I see I can just add my RM4 mini as a device in HomeAssistant.

Is there any more documentation or step by step guides for a newb like me.

Basically, I have a JVC Projector that I want to be able to turn on and off through Alexa and thats what I am trying to accomplish with the RM4 mini and would prefer to not have to use their app or anything.

Thanks

I highly recommend this:

Well, not going good. I have added smartir in my config/custom_components folder and it can’t find it as I keep getting the “Integration error: smartir - Integration ‘smartir’ not found”. I also think this requires me to still setup the device in broadlink to be able to use it at it doesn’t use IP, but rather a name. I may be wrong there, but I was hoping to eliminate the broadlink app all together. I am really frustrated at this point and need to take a step back…lol! Not easy for a novice to jump in and use this quickly, that’s for sure.

Sounds like you didn’t install the integration.

You only need to use the Broadlink app to setup the wifi details for the device, after that is never needed again.

I running a little problem with Smart ir.

Problem: I have to click the icon twice then my fan will switch on.

Could you share your experiences while integration to a IR fan?

I don’t have any IR controlled fans but I haven’t had that issue with my heater or media players. Have you coded the IR remote signals correctly? (ie: learned them from the original remote control)

Should be correct.

I am able to control the fans speed and on/off.

What’s trouble me is, I have to click twice to switch on the fan ,thereafter, everything will be as per normal( single click).

Does this method writes to the broadlink_remote_xxxxxx_codes hidden file under .storage folder?? I do not want it to.

Found the answer. yes, it does create the file.

Hello. The link in 1st post for and also as systemctl service on Raspberry PI: is broken. I think the correct url is this one??

I am trying to upgrade Broadlink Manger to latest version for rpi os. When test run the the below command, I get version file not found.

ws1@ws1:/opt $  python3 /opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlinkmanager.py
2023-07-16 09:26:32.761 | INFO     | __main__:<module>:48 - OS: posix
2023-07-16 09:26:32.769 | DEBUG    | __main__:get_env_ip_list:71 - Environment discovered IP List []
2023-07-16 09:26:32.783 | DEBUG    | __main__:get_local_ip_list:64 - Locally discovered IP List ['192.168.1.15']
2023-07-16 09:26:32.784 | INFO     | __main__:<module>:126 - Broadlink will try to discover devices on the following IP interfaces: ['192.168.1.15']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlinkmanager.py", line 133, in <module>
    app = FastAPI(title="Apprise API", description="Send multi channel notification using single endpoint", version=GetVersionFromFle(
  File "/opt/broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlinkmanager.py", line 79, in GetVersionFromFle
    with open("VERSION", "r") as version:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'VERSION'

I have the same problem with an RM4 Pro and HAOS on an x86 PC. The Windows app doesn’t recognise the Broadlink device and says it isn’t compatible even if I add it manually. I can’t find a newer version of the app to work on HAOS.

I also had issues with my RM4 Pro and the Windows client. It’s not clear if this is an old version…
The Docker container worked for me. Try that or possibly the other options mentioned in the updated OP.

Thanks but I have HAOS, which doesn’t use Docker (as far as I’m aware) so I don’t think I can use that version of Broadlink Manager.

You can install Portainer from the add-on store and then install the Broadlink Manager from within that. I haven’t done it before but I believe that method should work.

I read that Portainer is easy to install but it doesn’t appear in my Home Assistant Community Add-ons, or in searches. When I try to add its repository (which I think is just the Community Add-ons one) I’m told that it’s already there. Maybe it’s not intended for HAOS?

see here

You can definitely add it to HAOS, I have both myself. See link above.