Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for your efforts here - as a user of Broadlinks keen to get them working directly with Home Assistant, it’s greatly appreciated.

But of course, I came here bearing issues.

Running Broadlink Manager via Python on Windows, I can’t get it to discover any of my devices. Same subnet, devices are unlocked. Have downloaded the latest release (2.3.0).

Devices are:

RM4 pro - PID 0x649b, firmware v52079
RM4 mini - PID 0x648d, firmware v52079

Home Assistant can talk to them fine, just wanting to try using Broadlink Manager to learn RF codes (can’t do it via Home Assistant; I think it might be to do with frequency sweeping, but that’s just a guess). IR works a treat in Home Assistsant, and the RF works via the Broadlink App, just don’t have the codes to transmit via Home Assistant.

Any ideas?

I too am in the same boat as Chandler. No devices found but they are unlocked and the app and HA can see them fine.

is there a command to update broadlink manager? I have it installed on pi3.

Hi @Tomer_Klein, thank you for this work. I am using the Broadlink manager to obtain the RF codes which I am then trying to send to the RM Pro+ using MATLAB via a TCP/IP socket. However, I am not managing to communicate with the RM Pro+ using TCP/IP communication.

On the Broadlink manager are you communicating with the RM Pro using a TCP/IP socket?

Thanks

Hi @Tomer_Klein,

First of all, thank you for your remarkable work!
I’ve created PR for my RM4 mini 0x5216 that is not supported.

RM4 Mini 0x5216 not supported

Can you check it out when you have time?
Thanks in advance

is it possible to have an accurate list of supported devices?
Does learning work on RM4C and RM MINI3?
THANKS

Yes. I’ve also done a RM4 mini

1 Like

Sure.
I’ll update the list in the next few days.

1 Like

Can I make a request? would it be possible to make it easier to acquire the codes? Currently for each code I have to click and give the name of the command. could you put the program to “listen mode” for example by telling it that I am going to enter the commands from 18 ° C to 30 ° C in cool mode and then save them? And so on for the various modes. It would save a few clicks.
Thanks

Hi @gianlucaf81,
Sorry, but I don’t have a way of doing it.
The restriction is from the RM device.

Hi @gianlucaf81 ,
You can find the full supported list hrer:
broadlinkmanager-docker/broadlinkmanager/broadlink at ea4ce705b10199c018e17bacdd615b3f91b5382e · t0mer/broadlinkmanager-docker · GitHubinit.py

Despite what some say, the RM4C Mini is NOT SUPPORTED according to the messages I’m seeing in Integration.

I have an RM4C 0x6539
IR learning is working but RF learning is giving direct error:
Error occurred while scanning, please try again

i don’t know if its a part of it but the broadlink RM4C runs the latest firmware:
V52078 i find in the app…
I think it could be fixed with a downgrade firmware
but i need an url with a lower firmware for this and i don’t find it
could anyone give me some advice ? tx

Hello I have a RM2 Pro plus, trying to learn the codes to a TC2 switch. Around a year ago, I just needed to create a backup with e-control, then connect with android nox emulator, download some files and voila. Now the backup does not work and I can’t do it anymore. The downloading of a backup unencrypted seems to much hassle for ios. Any easy methods?

hello I have a 3 RM MINI 3 but I only find one and it doesn’t even make me connect it gives me this error

Found device: Unknown [192.168.1.6]
Writing compatible device not detected!

how can i solve

Did you get it sorted out?

I have exactly the same model and learning RF codes is working flawlessly. Using the Python based Broadlink Manager on Windows though to learn RF codes.

bl-52078

how is it possible that I can’t find my R3 Mini ??? I have 3 in the whole house but not one can find it, I use them quietly with Alexa, then in the Broadlink integration of HA I easily connect to my R3 mini

why can’t i connect with broadlink manager?

Hi all,
Version 5.9.1 has been released.
I added more devices to the supported list (Updated the readme).

1 Like

Hi @Tomer_Klein. Thanks for the great work on Broadlink Manager! Took quite a while to research on how to get RF codes out of Broadlink with TC2 (no neutral) light switches.

Was a bit of trial and error but found a way to use the windows version of BM to get the codes. What did:
Start BM
Connect to device (RM2 pro plus in my case)
Hit learn new command
Select RF
During RF frequency scan, hold down a button on any RF remote that uses the same frequency (key part)
When it says RF frequency scan [2/2], use the broadlink app to activate the TC2 like normal.
Data appears as it should.

Hope this helps!

You can use Learn Climate, TV and etc codes