šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Ah. As I donā€™t use button-cards with templates, etc. I cannot help any further. With a normal layout card containing entites cards, it is working that way and show then the shadows for the containing cards (again).

I see. Thx anyhow.

Can someone please tell me why this is still opening up full screen on my iPhone? I donā€™t know what else to try. Is there possibly some master setting over riding this code on the iPhone or in home assistant in general? This is just for a pop up card

tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    service: browser_mod.popup
    data:
      title: NAME
      card_mod:
        style:
          ha-dialog$: |
            @media (max-width: 450px), (max-height: 500px) {
              div.mdc-dialog div.mdc-dialog__container {
                align-items: start;
                padding-top: 10px;
              }
            }
      content: test

Hi,
i have this code on my dashboard:

- type: vertical-stack
        cards:
          - type: custom:state-switch
            entity: deviceID  #deviceID
            states:
              "Macbook": #mac
                type: custom:decluttering-card
                template: weather

and this template:

weather:
    card:   
      type: custom:weather-card
      card_mod:
        style: |
          ha-card {
            background: none;
            box-shadow: none;                                 
          }
      entity: weather.saint_tropez
      icons: "/local/community/weather-card/animated/"

can any one tell me how to migrate this code to Browser_mod 2 ?
i tried many tricks at my side but nothing give me the same result as version 1.5

Hi All,
I have upgraded to 2.x and restored the popups I used to have before. I am now facing an issue but Iā€™m uncertain itā€™s related to the new browser_mod release or HA one. I read the entire thread since 2.x release and I cannot find any occurrence that matches it.

Here is the issue:
I have a popup showing the cameras in a swipe content area:

When I tap on the live image it renders a picture glance with the live feed (action more-info is called), however it now shows the header with Info, Settings and Related tabs, which was not the case prior to the update:

Does anyone know how to hide it?

Thanks!

So funny. I was literally just coming here to ask that question! LOL THat is a result of HA combining the more-info and settings card. Terrible effect for the glance cards. This is more of a card_mod question btw.

Hi, everyone. The trouble had appeared after upgrade to version 1.xx.x and unfortunately remained in version 2.xx.x: when click on option arrow (pic1) I getthe option list not droppimg down, but somewhere in the middle (pic2). Here is the code:

browser_mod:
                    data:                                      
                      title: "left"
                      content:                 
                        type: entities
                        entities: 
                          - input_select.light_select_effect_led

Could anybody solve it?

This seems to be a problem with dropdowns not overflowing on browser-mod popups.

Your dropdown has actually opened, itā€™s just hidden ā€˜insideā€™ the popup.

I noticed this in 1.x.x, but have not upgraded myself yet, so wasnā€™t aware it appears to be an issue in 2.x still.

I would suggest opening an issue on GitHub - my efforts to work around it by adding the CSS overflow setting using card-mod were unsuccessful, so I kind of gave up.

A workaround is to make a popup with more height, and ensure that any dropdowns are right at the top.

EDIT: issue already reported here

This is more a question about the custom state-switch card isnā€™t it?

It looks like Thomas will need to update it to work with the new browser_id.

Maybe ask on the thread for the state switch card, or you could add your thumbs up to the issue thatā€™s been opened on GitHub (assuming it wasnā€™t you who opened it of course).

no and its really annoying? is anyone having this issue?

Having trouble with migrating to 2.xā€¦ especially with the closing of popupsā€¦
I use a custom ā€œtitle barā€ instead of the standard one so all my popups use:

popup_header:
  color_type: icon
  icon: mdi:close-box
  show_icon: true
  styles:
    name:
      - justify-self: start
      - padding: 0px 5px
      - font-weight: bold
      - color: white
    card:
      - background: DarkSlateGray
      - height: 30px
      - padding: 0 5px # make sure there are 5px on the sides
      - border-radius: 0px
    grid:
      - grid-template-areas: '"i n"'
      - grid-template-columns: 40px 1fr
    icon:
      - padding: 0
      - justify-self: end
  tap_action:
    browser_mod:
      service: browser_mod.close_popup
      data: 
         browser_id: THIS

The ā€œcloseā€ function is only working if the browser is registered (though the popup appears either way).

Anything obvious I am missing?

Hi, how to change popup windows size to which I want?

Thatā€™s a custom button card isnā€™t it?

Maybe you are affected by the issue reported here.

I have the exact same issue. I used the popup_cards section in the yaml with the earlier version and now I am reading that I would need to change to ā€œfire-dom-eventā€ and other stuff which is not how my code looked like so far. I would need to rewrite a LOT from scratch. Is there a way to make it work keeping the ā€œpopup_cardsā€ section so it would just work instead of adding actions to each and every card?

Thanks!

Good day, upgraded fine to BM2 (browser_mod2), but facing an issue with multiple wall tabs running Fully Kiosk.
Setup as follows:

• running Pi4 with HA
  • configured FullyKiosk on Samsung wall tab
  • upgraded to BM2
  • able to get wall tab loaded as browser mod device
  • bought a 2nd tab, and installed exactly same Fully Kiosk on that tab
  • did same process to load 2nd tab as broswer_mod device
  • it works when on browser_mod page, but soon as I load my home dashboard on 2nd tab. the device becomes unavalible and cannot be accessed on browser_mod tab on HA.
  • tried many scenarios, but cannot get the 2nd tab to work as a device on browser_mod ??

(see screenshots with 2 devices - but tabA81 becomes unavailable when i referesh to my home dashboard on fully)

Any ideas please? THANKS

I have a question that I have not seen addressed in this threadā€¦

I have a browser_mod popup setup for a camera in the garage with buttons for open and closeā€¦

name: Browser pop normal
show_state: false
icon: mdi:test-tube
tap_action:
  browser_mod:
    data:
      content:
        type: picture-entity
        entity: camera.garage_camera
        show_state: false
        camera_view: live
      timeout: 20000
      size: normal
      right_button: 'Close Door'
      left_button: 'Open Door'
      right_button_action:
        service: cover.close_cover
        data:
          entity_id: cover.garage_door_controller
      left_button_action:
        service: cover.open_cover
        data:
          entity_id: cover.garage_door_controller
type: custom:button-card

when I click on the button the popup closes, is there a way to configure the popup tp stay open on the button click? I would like to close the door and keep the popup open till its closedā€¦

5 Likes

Did you solve your problem ? I updated today and can see the same symptoms. To be certain I didnā€™t have some stale cache in the app, I even uninstalled completely and reinstalled the android companion app, to no avail. Everything works a charm, except for the media player that is always unavailable no matter what I do.

Bump

Can someone please tell me why this is still opening up full screen on my iPhone? I donā€™t know what else to try. Is there possibly some master setting over riding this code on the iPhone or in home assistant in general? This is just for a pop up card

tap_action:
  browser_mod:
    data:
      title: NAME
      card_mod:
        style:
          ha-dialog$: |
            @media (max-width: 450px), (max-height: 500px) {
              div.mdc-dialog div.mdc-dialog__container {
                align-items: start;
                padding-top: 10px;
              }
            }
      content: test

Unfortunately, no, I ended up switching from WallPanel to FullyKiosk because I did not had the time to investigate further.
Itā€™s strange that the media player works perfectly in browser, fully kiosk, HA companion app, but not in WallPanel.
Hopefully in the next days / weeks I will have time to check it out, because Fully Kiosk has a delay and sometimes freezes, thatā€™s why I prefer WallPanel.

Donā€™t get excited too quicklyā€¦ i run fully kiosk on all my tablets and itā€™s still happening that media player become unavailable. Pattern is unknownā€¦just ā€œnow and thenā€.