šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

I had an issue previously where I could not click on any popups. This was attributed to a change in Mushroom Cards after version 3.x. When I rolled back Mushroom cards to 2.8.x it restored functionality. Then I saw that Browser_Mod had an update and I tried it along with the most recent Mushroom card. I hopped that everything would work. I was wrong. Now there have been too many versions of Mushroom Card and Hacs wonā€™t let me roll back to a 2.8.x version. I can only roll back to 3.0. How should I proceed?

-Edit
Updating to HA version 2023.7.3 and clearing the cache fixed the probleem.

-Edit 2
Android companion apps are not working but HA opened in a browser on Android does workā€¦

1 Like

Hi guys. There was a problem, updated HA to 2023.7.3, and now the pop-up window works on the phone in fullscreen mode. How can I get it back so itā€™s not so big?

Wait till itā€™s fixed.

Popup is stretched to the entire window in the android app home assistant Ā· Issue #606 Ā· thomasloven/hass-browser_mod (github.com)

I found a solution, but I canā€™t figure out where to find this json file.

Since the changes are all only CSS, wouldā€™t it be possible to use card-mod theme variables for temporary workaround?

Unfortunately I canā€™t do it

Hi, I would like to create a tab to switch false or true on the ā€œHide headerā€ function only for user XXX. How can I do?

Any updates on the ios pop up bug? Itā€™s been around for 3 weeks and i canā€™t imagine anyone using browser mod with it in the state it currently is. I see thereā€™s a pull request but iā€™m not sure how to download/install that pull request using hacs into my HA setup. If someone has any ideas let me know please.

Iā€™ve fixed this and confirmed it on my own ios 16.6 HA 2023.8.2

Add GitHub - ve1koz111/hass-browser_mod: šŸ”¹ (MOBILE FIX) A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player as a custom repository.

Uninstall old browser mod ā€˜ignoringā€™ entities, and reinstall from this repository until a proper fix is made.

YOU MUST RESET FRONTEND CACHE ON YOUR DEVICE FOR THIS TO WORK.

If rounded corners are not working for you add this to your CSS:

ā€“ha-dialog-border-radius: var(ā€“popup-border-radius, 28px);

1 Like

Were you able to figure this out?

I installed browser_mod primarily for the purpose of hiding the top bar on some of my dashboards. I choose it over other solutions that could do that because it seemed the most useful otherwise. However, it seems like itā€™s not possible to hide the top bar just for some specific dashboards. Am I missing something or can I in deed only configure browser_mod on a per user and per browser setting?

Only per user and per browser, not per dashboard. For a per dashboard solution youā€™ll have to write a bit of custom JS or include a custom CSS.

Hello!
Iā€™m rather new to homeassistant and also to browser_mod. Iā€™m trying to create a PIN code entry page, to lock some dashboards.
So I created a PIN code button-field and Iā€™d love it to be shown in a popup window.

I created a button with the following tap_action to call the popup:

tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: browser_mod.popup
  service_data:
    title: Gebe deinen PIN ein
    card:
      type: vertical-stack
      cards:
        - type: horizontal-stack
          cards:
            - type: button
              show_icon: true
              icon: mdi:numeric-1-box-outline
              show_name: false
              tap_action:
                service: script.turn_on
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_one_to_password
              icon: mdi:numeric-2-box-outline
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_two_to_password
              icon: mdi:numeric-3-box-outline
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_three_to_password

this is only the 3 buttons of the first row, because in this way itā€™s less code to show you.

The problem is, that the popup shows only the title. nothing else, not a single button.
The code works right, when i use it in a dashboard. this is the working PIN code field in a dashboard:

pin_code

I really hope you can help me, Iā€™m trying for many hours meanwhile :wink:

this is what i get, when i launch the popup, couldnā€™t put the second picture to my post because of my new-user-state.
popup_fail

there is no error message, the only thing is, the code buttons are not shown.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I already wrote the ā€˜reasonā€™/solution in this topic: custom button card

I wouldnā€™t use browser_mod for that. When I used browser_mod to hide the header, it also cut a part settings page and stuff outside of dashboard.

Kiosk_mode is a far better option, that you can also use per dashboard settings and change more stuff what to hide including more-info dialog headers.

You can find it through HACS, more info: NemesisRE/kiosk-mode: :see_no_evil: Hides the Home Assistant header and/or sidebar (github.com)

Thank you very much for your quick response!
If I understand you correctly, the solution would be not to use button cards in the popup and instead use custom:button-cards, is that correct?
Iā€™ve tried that, but unfortunately, it has no effect. I still donā€™t see anything displayed except for ā€œtitle.ā€

tap_action:
  service_data:
    title: Gebe deinen PIN ein
    card:
      cards:
        - type: entity
          name: enter secret code
          entity: input_text.password_enter
          icon: mdi:radioactive
        - type: horizontal-stack
          cards:
            - type: custom:button-card
              icon: mdi:numeric-1-box-outline
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_one_to_password
              icon: mdi:numeric-2-box-outline
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_two_to_password
              icon: mdi:numeric-3-box-outline
              tap_action:
                service_data:
                  entity_id: script.add_three_to_password

Iā€™ve also tried it with ā€œentitiesā€ instead using buttons or custom:button-cards, but they are not displayed either.

Yes, it worked before with standard buttons but for some reason, starting with certain update, using custom buttons was the solution.

Thatā€™s because your code for the browser_mod.pop is not correct

From one of my working examples:

type: button
tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    data:
      title: Switches
      content:
        cards:
          - show_name: true
            type: custom:button-card
            tap_action:
              action: toggle
            entity: input_boolean.kitchenlightstayon
            name: Kitchen ON
            color: auto
            state:
              - value: 'on'
                color: rgb(255,193,7)

Iā€™ve adjusted my code following your example, and it works! :slight_smile: Thank you very, very much for the help, and have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

managed to fix the issue with the header not being hidden on FKB on two tabletsā€¦clearing cash and restrting FKB fixed that so thank you for the mentions above.

NOw there is one thing I am missing quite a bit since I recently upgraded from 2023.1 to 2023.8.

The ability so slide the sidebar from the left of the browser window (this is on a Windows 10 browser)

It still works on my IOS companion appā€¦and when I check a snapshot, it still works on 2023.3ā€¦in fact I remember when 2023.4 first came out, I updated and this breaking was enough for me to initially wind things backā€¦

For info, I am running the latest browser mod integration, 2.30, and the latest HASS of 2023.8.4