🔹 Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Make sure you have cleared your cache: https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-config/wiki/Lovelace-Plugins#clearing-cache

1 Like

lovelace-reload has been reintroduced.

2 Likes

out with the old…in with the new :grin: :tada:
browser-commander was ground breaking, but browser-mod is ground shaking :zap: Thanks for all the time and effort!!!:tada:

Okay…this was the last piece of the puzzle to have a totally navigation free wall mount interface…a full screen clock popup that opens and auto-closes via motion detected in room. Thanks! (again) @thomaslovenclock screensaver code

3 Likes

I am sooo… lost. I have been trying to test by posting JSON to the browser_mod.command service with no luck… I just want to get something to happen prior to building out automations. Am I even close?

service_data:
  command: popup
  title: Popup example
  card:
  - entity: camera.front_door
    name: Frontdoor
    show_state: false
    title: Frontdoor
    type: picture-entity
  deviceID:
    - 63677d42_8f462a81
1 Like
  • DeviceID should be just the deviceID of the browser, not the entity_id of the mediaPlayer.
  • There’s a difference between popup and close-popup.
1 Like

There is no need for service_data when you are calling a service from the dev panel.

{
  "command": "popup",
  "title": "Popup example",
  "card": {
    "entity": "camera.front_door",
    "type": "picture-entity"
  },
  "deviceID": ["63677d42-8f462a81"]
}

Hi Thomas, cannot find in the installation instructions how to get the browser ID, can you please document it for us ?
As well can see a JS folder on GitHub, what we suppose to do with it?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Is there any way to make it work on android chrome browser?

Thank You

Works fine here, everything I am currently running is Chrome based. @adas4190

Oh ok. Could you tell me how to check what id is my phone as i have uniqeids only without any description please? Thank You

The directions are very detailed and in the docs provided by Thomas. After installing, you need to add the player to a view and the I.D. will show.

Thank you.

Yep, I tried it that way as well and still no Joy…

Make sure you have cleared your cache, start with no deviceID, and start with a simpler command, like blackout or navigate. Does the media player for the browser show up in your entities list?

1 Like

Yes, the media player shows up. That’s how i got the device_ID.

also nothing in the logs…

That works for me:

{
  "command": "popup",
  "title": "Popup example",
  "card": {
    "entity": "camera.front",
    "type": "picture-entity",
"camera_view": "live"
  },
  "deviceID": [
    "67e7aca5-59360939"
  ]
}

How and where can be found the device ID?

Ok, maybe itis catched :slight_smile:
I tried this script without any result: