šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Device IDā€™s have no underlines in it. Use a hyphen.

1 Like

I have tried this too but doesnā€™t work:

alias: New Script
  sequence:
  - data:
      command: navigate
      deviceID: '2a748c19-65110740'
      navigation_path: /lovelace/1
    service: browser_mod.command

If you look at the examples in the docs, the deviceID is always a list.
Try:

alias: New Script
  sequence:
  - data:
      command: navigate
      deviceID:
        - 2a748c19-65110740
      navigation_path: /lovelace/1
    service: browser_mod.command

I tried both ways and could not get it to work.

I have added a debug command that displays the deviceID in release v0.1.4.

3 Likes

It is working now, thank you!

Have a look. I made a series of tweets about this topic with a step-by-step guide:

1 Like

Tried the debug in dev-service to find the deviceid, but got info about ā€œsun.sunā€ after hitting the set state buttonā€¦

EDIT: strange, seems to work correctly now

that is a strange one, I have the same thing on one of my PCs. I can send a screen popup to two machines and on one I get the expected result the other i get sun.sun.

Try to clear cache (CTRL-F5) on every PC.

Not sure what iā€™m missing.
i cant find the device id, i did clear the cache, iā€™m trying thru services to get the id as ā€œRikkie80ā€ have suggested above but no response when i call the service, any suggestions?

Actually I did that, but I work on a half dozen desktops and being early I didnā€™t see or remember the 5 extra browsers I had open on other desktopsā€¦ doh :face_palm:

working now

when you call the service use this as your service data:

{
  "command": "debug"
}

Thanks,
did so but nothing.

maybe a dumb question, iā€™ve install this card thru the HACS, do i need to add any resources in my raw config?

This was great for me! thanks!

When using the services tab and running the debug command I get the Sun card every time on chrome.
It works on firefox.
-------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------
Okay I tried a different PC and it works with chrome.
On the one not working I tried the CTRL + F5 and closed and reopened and no difference. Both say they are up to date versions of chrome so who knows.

I had to go into the chrome settings and clear the cache for thins to work properly. But its working fine now on all my devices.

You should have also gotten a javascript alert with the deviceID.

Unfortunately, the popup window depends on the popup-function, which doesnā€™t always work when youā€™re on pages other than /lovelace.
It might help to first go to /lovelace and then go back to /dev-service without reloading the page.

Good day, looking for some advice:
So in my case the same browser looking at lovelace locally (http) and externally (https) has 2 different deviceIDs.
When I use the external deviceID for media_player I get nothing; with the local id (http) it works.
Itā€™s this the correct functionality?
thank you.

You need to use the one thatā€™s currently open.

If you use a different URL to access your Home Assistant interface, that will indeed result in a different deviceID.