BRUH DIY Multisensor

Order yesterday from www.3dhubs.com the Bruh case in light blue for 7,43€ in a local store, I will post pictures of the outcome asap I have it

Which other sensors could be added?

You could put some black insulated tape

I have an infrared receiver and an infrared emitter, that allows me to control stuff with an old remote and to automate unsmart devices (micro stereo from aldi,…)
I am also waiting for a gas sensor.
I will also use a sound sensor to check if my dog is barking too much, a vibration sensor on the washing machine to know when the cycle is finished…

Here’s a few shots of my sensor node. I ditched the LED since I couldn’t figure a way I’d actually have it and be useful. It’s a TIGHT squeeze. I’ll probably re-design it a bit because the resolution on the TEMT6000 kinda sucks right now.

I’ll probably play around with the code some more to get the sampling frequencies spaced out a bit so the data’s not as jumpy. In the temp graph you can see the heat index (Real Feel) feature I added. It’s already merged into the master code line

1 Like

What equation did you use to transform Ohm in Lux ? Also how do you calculate real feel index ?
Very Nice case by the way. How are your temperature readings ? Some people reported 2/3°C increase when all is enclosed. As your box isquite small it should be even more…

Haha yes i could, but I want to be able to use the LED if I want to but just not turn it on when the sensor connects to the power, but can’t seems to find the function that does this in the code

it’s so tiny light, for what you need to use it?

Not the led on the board but the extra RGB LED added separately :wink:

mmhhh I don’t get it, with the Bruh code you can turn on/off/change colour of the LED already, I am doing it

under light:

- platform: mqtt_json
    name: "SN1 LED"
    state_topic: "claudio/sensornode1"
    command_topic: "claudio/sensornode1/set"
    brightness: true
    flash: true
    rgb: true
    optimistic: false
    qos: 0

and you have a light.sn1_led

I like the sound of the vibration sensor (no pun intended) what part are you using for this? I would be interested, want to do the same thing for a tumble dryer in the garage.

Cheers

There are a few more sensors modules, a rain sensor, sound (we can make a light switch using double clap or any other sound), gas/air (detects the air quality), IR receiver and transmiter’s (you can clone IR remote commands), distance sensors, buttons, servo’s (to open and close curtains)

I just converted the reading from the TEMT6000 to a percentage of 0-1023, not too worried about it as it’s not really stable right now.

For Real Feel the calculations are from NOAA. They’re part of the BRUH code now.

The Temp reading is about 5 degrees Fahrenheit different from a meat thermometer sitting at a similar height and I’ve adjusted the offset in the code.

Allright! I might need to give up on this project. I have tried 9 different NodeMCU cards, 5 different Micro USB cables and 3 different computers.

Did i order the wrong card? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NodeMcu-Lua-WIFI-Networking-development-board-Based-ESP8266/32524995369.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.291.BHhhn4

I did install the drivers, windows 10.
I dont even get the “new hardware detected” sound in windows.

Well this is the link

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32656401198.html?spm=a2g0n.orderList.0.0.5fb853ebSNUL8S&

Did I by misstake order a wi-fi module?
Could anyone provide Me a link too the correct board on aliexpress?

This is the gearbest description of mine

NodeMCU ESP8266 WiFi ESP-12E Lua Internet of Things IOT CP2102 Module
Description:
This is a 2.4GHz WiFi development board NodeMCU that is based on ESP-12E. It adopts modern mature LUA technology. It is an integrated unit with all available resources on board. It is super simple to complement your existing Arduino projects or any development board that has I / O pins available.

Main Features:
● Modern Internet development tools, such as Node.js, can take the advantage of the NodeMCU to achieve your ideal immediately.
● NodeMCU is built based on the mature ESP8266 technology to take advantage of the abundant resources available on the web.
● NodeMCU has ESP-12E serial WiFi on board, which is integrated with GPIO, PWM, ADC, I2C and 1-WIRE resources.
● NodeMCU has built-in super reliable industrial CP2102 USB to TTL serial circuit to support all platforms

Do you get the COM port visible in Arduino and in device manager

Nope nothing in device manager, i have tried both on Windows 10 and OS X

Maybe i did order wrong not sure

Did you install the drivers?