BRUH DIY Multisensor

Sorry, I let the printing be done by the experts at my company (not me, zero experience regarding 3D printing) so can’t assist you there. Good luck! Please post the results when finished.

I was told my print took 6 hours.

1st one done, not too shabby.I had to use some glue and put a brim down (which affected the top & bottom a little) but I’m happy with the results for now.

I used the low/0.15mm for the quality setting (Ben’s says .2) and it was about 3. Normal/0.1mm says 4.5 hours.

2 Likes

Sometime during the install (trying to cram everything in) I must have mis-wired the PIR because I let all the smoke out of it :sweat:. Luckily I had built 2 sensors so I stole from the other one. It’s all in there with everything although I do not seem to be getting LUX readings now. It’s in a dark room and its reporting 27 LUX and turning the lights on makes no difference :unamused:.

Shouldn’t the light sensor be in the cutout where you installed your LED?

Yep I think so, that’s why he is always getting more or less the same reading… The light inside the box is more constant

1 Like

Finally I received all the parts from China:slight_smile: and I have built my first multi sensor.
Everything working except for the PIR which always reads STANDBY.
I have changed sensors, NodeMCU and even connected the sensor to 5v external source.
Any tips?

are you sure you connected it properly… I had an issue with mine last week because I inverted two wires and it was always reading “motion detected” (yes I am an idiot :smiley: )

Yep. The LED is supposed to just be ‘loose’ inside. Hole on top is for lux sensor, hole on end is for PIR.

I figured it out!!.
AM312 sensor must be powered from a 3.3v pin, not from the 5v as shown in the diagram on Ben’s Github page.(At Least for me) All working like a charm now. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

glad you found out :wink:
Still waiting for the components to be delivered. I will definitely post the outcome when it s finished

Wow, didn’t realize that… hole was pretty much perfect size for the LED. Lol, I’ll flip it around today and see if it makes a difference.

Just printed mine, decided to try it 2 tone, silver base and white top.

4 Likes

what i like to know (apart from how expensive a 3D printer is) how much are the costs from printing such a box?

why so tall?

No idea, I didn’t design it :slight_smile:

so is not needed that tall?

I haven’t put everything inside yet, still waiting for DHT22.

I can say that I just BARELY fit everything into Bruh’s design. If I make more, I may try to add 5mm to both height & width.

That or I need to shorten the lead wires and/or solder the connections.

3 Likes

Now I kinda wish I waited and printed mine separately - that looks awesome. I may just reprint the bottoms as I have silver filament too…

2 Likes

Do you mean to us in terms of how much the filament cost or do you mean how much would this cost to get printed by an outside printer for hire?

If it’s the former, I’d estimate (from values on OctoPrint) that it cost me under $1.00 USD.