BRUH DIY Multisensor

oke thanks thats what i liked to know.
i was trying to get my head around how expensive 3D printing is.

thanks.

by the way this multisensor is something i already have running for months :wink:
not exactly the same, but simular.

nice to see that ben gets people to do stuff like this, because its so easy :wink:

4 Likes

TBH i have no idea whats its proper name. Somekinda of electric switch box. Not waterproof by default.

Looks like a small single gang electrical box. Should be easy to find the electrical section of your local home improvement store. You can also find outdoor boxes that are waterproof/water-resistant.

Lego, little bit of glue was my plan for a case.

2 Likes

Why not? I hope you’ll post some pics; that could be a cool little box!

its not exactly the BRUH, but it measures temp, light and humidity. (arduino based)
the second one measures outside temp and the temp from the water in my pond.
i didnt even use any glue and its outside for almost a year now.

The lego is left over from my own childhood.

13 Likes

Would anyone be able to help me modify this code?

I would like to add a reed relay switch to monitor a nearby door. I have the relay but I am not sure where to begin with the code changes.

start with finding out how you can use that relay without any other sensors.
probably best by searching for “arduino your_relay_switch_type sketch”

if you have the relay working, then you can try to integrate that code into the BRUH sensor code.

2 Likes

Was that last week? LOL

3 Likes

I dig the lego idea. A Lego house on my kids dressers would fit in very well and be unnoticeable.

1 Like

i was talking about my physical childhood, not my mental childhood :wink:

3 Likes

I’d definitely like to know if you get this to work. I’m also interested in trying to build a similar sensor that just monitors reed switches and runs on batteries.

I was able to test this and get it working.

I used the following reed switches.

And my modified code is here.

https://github.com/rbflurry/ESP-MQTT-JSON-Multisensor/blob/rbflurry-patch-2/bruh_mqtt_multisensor_github/bruh_mqtt_multisensor_github.ino

1 Like

Maybe this is the cheapest way to buy the reed switch, but isnt the reed switch inherently binary?
Why do you need a sensor board with comparator etc for a reed switch? I would think you can connect one side of the reed to a power rail and the other side to a digital pin on the esp.
Not a criticism of your approach - sometimes its just easier to do something a certain way. I’m just curious :slight_smile:

TBH I’m not sure if it was the correct way.

I started the research into just using relays and started reading about the need for debouncing of the signals and kinda got lost with what was needed.

Such as here. http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6426

Is this normal for a 6000 LUX sensor?
Now is 10.40am in livingroom with normal light, 72 LUX is not correct

I wish to get finally a reliable LUX sensor somehow …

in BRUH’s code for HA implementation it says in line 31

##This sensor is not calibrated to actual LUX. Rather, this a map of the input voltage ranging from 0 - 1023.

So I guess you should calibrate it somehow

that makes only sense if you want to compare it with someone else.
for automations, just find out your own important values.

4 Likes

Sure, I don’t need exact lux. But relative values should be accurate.
Like this the sensor is useless

1 Like