BRUH DIY Multisensor

perfect!

Thanks for the reply. I have been keeping an eye on 3D printers for some time and have been waiting for an excuse to get one. $250 is perfect too, like you said a good entry price.

Guys - please stay on topic.

We can start a separate thread for 3D Printer stuff and I’ll be glad to contribute what I can there. Also, if we create a separate topic we have a better chance of more contributions from other users who have similar experience to offer.

Thanks!

2 Likes

As a project, I am considering producing the BRUH muliti-sensor but using micropython. In particular, using the Zerynth environment, the same micropython code could be used on a nodeMCU, Arduino, Particle, and others, see below. Is this something people would be interested in seeing or contributing too? My main goal is to better understand micropython (and any advantages it has) but also to use some of the boards I have laying around.
Cheers

I’d be interested in following this; I know both Ben and Balloob were excited about MicroPython and I did a little reading on it myself. Looks very interesting!

BTW, Corey started a 3D printer thread here if anyone wants to continue the discussion:

I’m no expert but I’ll contribute what I can there.

1 Like

why don’t you 3D print for all of us :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m still waiting to get my PIR sensors, but I want to try making a frame using some nanobeam (mini aluminum 80/20) and then filling in the gaps with some plastimorph. I’ll remember to post some pics here when i finally get it all put together!

2 Likes

Went to the local OBI and I got this for 1$ each. Some silicon will make it waterproof.

2 Likes

Those are interesting. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

I’m going to 3D print this, however looking at the File on Thingiverse both parts come under
the same file, ideally I’d like to print them separately as I want to do them two-tone.
I’ll have to find a way of splitting the objects.

1 Like

My PIRs finally arrived. Just plugged right in and now I have 2 additional motion sensors! (I got impatient waiting on parts from China so I had ordered 2 more from Amazon). I guess I’ll have to order some more parts and build 2 more.

2 Likes

You can probably open the STL file up in Sketchup and delete on half then save to another file, then undo and delete the other half and save again.

which is your case?

I bought some small cases off of Amazon that I have not tried to use yet (might be too small) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017LTG74K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but I will be attempting to learn the 3d printer this weekend (if it ever delivers [:rage: USPS & Amazon]) and build some of Bruh’s model as well.

I did not receive the components yet but printed the housing allready (good thing we have 3D printers at work :)). Very happy with the result!

4 Likes

Does anyone know an alternative for the PIR that actually works with the ESP8266, I can’t get the AM312 in the UK.

Also I want to use bare photo resistors as I can just use my own pull up resistor, the trouble is there are a few different versions, what one are you using?

*EDIT"

Just going to use some LDR GL5528’s and have a HC-SR501 PIR on it’s way… Needed to get the bits in the UK as I want to crack on with this.

Going to 3D print the case over the weekend.

Works great, I wonder why.

I did manage to pick up the AM312 on Amazon U.K., so fingers crossed it comes back in stock

1 Like

I’m interested in this. Especially since you got it off the shelf. How do I look for it? What is it called? Thanks in advance.

Thanks will keep an eye out, the HC-SR501 seems to be working okay here at the moment, touch wood!

Also searching for “Mini Pyroelectric PIR” seems to bring a few of these up on eBay.

On my 5th attempt this afternoon and have about 2 hours to go but I think I adapted the settings okay for my printer and understand the use of glue now (couldn’t get anything to stick after the sample file).

2 Likes