Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Yes with Zipato’s system you can have multiple alarms set up and each alarm will have its own settings and users. There’s also multiple different types of an alarm. You would have silent alarm, battery alarm, normal alarm and health care. The silent alarm is set up the same as a normal only just only notifies you instead of setting off the sirens. The battery alarm was to notify you when a devices battery was low did not have much luck with this one working. The health care is used like mentioned above for health and safety purposes.

Will an issue for a custom integration be automatically closed though?

I created one anyway. Issue #30540.

Thanks for that. The issue for this integration won’t be automatically closed if they close your HA one as far as I understand.

Hi AhmadK,

I think it is the default Alarm-Card in Lovelace?

according to the documentation there is no option to change buttons’ labels.

however, there as a custom alarm panel card that might be configured (haven’t tried it myself though).

My question stands - does that change really make sense? I mean, is it valid to replace Arm Home with In and Arm Away with Out?

I understand what you mean and probably no, it doesn’t make sense to change it. In my case it it because the text-size does that the two buttons are dropping just below each other, which then pushes my card below even further down. So now I can’t see all of it on my Tablet.
But I think I got it nailed by just using the “states” and then only use - arm_away. That is the only state I use - so for know that will be my Fix :slight_smile:

Thanks for a quick reply as always!

1 Like

@schildgenb and anyone else interested in cross grouping between sensors - have a look here.

1 Like

To anyone who wants this component to work with HA 0.103.0+ AND MQTT enabled.
The master branch is fixed now, but actually all you need is this file - just save it to custom_component/bwalarm/ overwriting the existing one and it should do the trick.
I’ll include that fix in the next release.

Special thanks to @John_Schutte for his help!

2 Likes

It’s most definitely your theme not supporting this. Try the default HA theme, the sliders will appear

Thanks for fixing. Has this been tested on 104.x?

I’m still on 0.103.0 so cannot comment.
However, it’s easy to update HA back nowadays… :wink:

Yes works for me on v0.104.1. All my alarm automations are still working. I dont use the side panel much but a quick check showed no issues with it.

1 Like

Any idea how bwalarm is displayed on tablet ? i wasnt able to load the alarm page the way I want either in lovelace or appdeamon dashboard. If any one is using the alarm page, please share your code.

Sorry, what code are you talking about?
Could you elaborate this

I personally use this component on a 7" tablet that runs WallPanel for Android and opens directly http://hassio.local:8123/alarm
When I work on it, I open the same page on my computer and it looks more or less the same.
No special code or anything.

I checked wallpanel. It basically loads the entire tablet screen with the alarm page. I am looking for adding additional items to the screen.
First i tried with Appdaemon dashboard …couldnot load the properly in iframe component…
didnt like the lovelace as well.
Looking for some examples where alarm page co exists with orher cards

My display on a FireHD8 using Lovelace

1 Like

Thanks Michael. That is exactly what i want to do .but couldn’t do without a scroll bar and larger alarm panel buttons. I recently bought a firehd8 and will try the same. Do you mind sharing the lovelace code?

ui-lovelace.yaml

title: Home Control
views:
    # View tab title.
  - title: Base
    icon: mdi:home-outline
    cards:
      - type: iframe
        url: http://x.x.x.x:8123/alarm
        aspect_ratio: 100%
      - type: glance
        entities:
          - binary_sensor.front_door
          - binary_sensor.garage_door
          - binary_sensor.kitchen_door
          - binary_sensor.basement_door_and_glass
          - binary_sensor.basement_bathroom
          - binary_sensor.hall_motion
        title: Alarm Sensors
        columns: 3
      - type: weather-forecast
        entity: weather.dark_sky
        name: Weather Summary
        url: https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=xx.xx&lon=-xx.xx&zoom=11&level=surface&overlay=radar&menu=&message=true&marker=&calendar=&pressure=true&type=map&location=coordinates&detail=&detailLat=xx.xx&detailLon=-xx.xx&metricWind=mph&metricTemp=%C2%B0F&radarRange=-1 
        aspect_ratio: 75%
        url: http://www.clocktab.com/
        apect_ratio: 20%
      - type: shopping-list
        title: To Do
      - camera_image: camera.Camera1
        camera_view: live
        entities: []
        title: Camera1
        type: picture-glance

As I can see, you’re still using the version with that huge toolbar at the bottom.
Don’t you want to give a new version a go? :wink: