Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

• using the alarm in lovelace using the alarm panel card. I rarely use the web panel on the left.
  • I am not using MQTT

Ditto from argukaraz: Thank you so much for maintaing this!

Note: I am using the web panel only for the initial setup or for small changes as it is very usefull and easy, but I dont mind having only yaml to set it up.

1 Like
  • i am using the web panel and find it great! because i have numerous ipads in the house. When house is armed they all switch to web panel view. That way the only thing people see is the disarm keys. As soon as alarm is disarmed they all switch back to lovelace view.
  • i am not using MQTT
1 Like

Anybody got any novel/creative ways to disarm? Arming and disarming at my house is done totally automatically, no codes to enter.

I was thinking it would be cool to have on my wall tablet a way to disarm that didnā€™t involve a code. Like a puzzle. Or a series of questions to prove you have a right to be there. Anyone do this?

I use code panel and might go for an RFID arming/disarming. No funny business here :wink:
Actually, I as consider this component as a security measure, I wouldnā€™t go for anything too ā€˜coolā€™ here as there is plenty of other things to show off. Thatā€™s me.

Iā€™m using just the web panel and no MQTT.

1 Like

I never use the web panel.
I am using MQTT.
My interface is this:

This is done with nodered.

All my alarm related automations are in nodered.

I also have a backup rfid method to arm/disarm the alarm. In case something goes wrong with the UI.

@AhmadK Thanks for maintaining the code :slight_smile:

GV

1 Like

Iā€™m using MQTT for a remote keypad at the front door (android app ā€˜MQTT Alarm Control Panelā€™)

I only use the built in panel UI for initial setup of sensors and config options, and rarely after that. My alarm is armed and disarmed primarily with MQTT and automation based on presence, motion, etc. I disarm the alarm most often using telegram commands when a window or door is opened in the morning.

1 Like

Never use the web panel for arming or disarming. Only settings.

Not using mqtt.

Again, amazing job @AhmadK

Just updated to the latest and got the below error - role back to previous version
Invalid config
I am not using MQTT

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• mqtt
  • bwalarm.alarm_control_panel

Please check your config.

and
his component is not working!
Unable to prepare setup for platform bwalarm.alarm_control_panel: Could not set up all dependencies.
(setup.py)
Unable to set up dependencies of bwalarm. Setup failed for dependencies: mqtt
(setup.py)
Check the Home Assistant log for more details.
Home Assistant: v0.105.2

Iā€™m facing the exact same thing. I also tried removing the Integration, but that didnā€™t solve it.
Didnā€™t even know that I was using mqtt, but I guess that is a part of the bwalarm component?

Same issue here, I was on 103.6 and got the error, updated to latest 105.2 but same issue. I dont have mqtt installed in my setup (in HA).

HA 0.105.2
Donā€™t use MQTT at all
Roled back to
v1.11.2pre1

Thanks for all your work keeping this going

@Yoinkz, @sweup, @Kelvin_Sudlow could you confirm that:

1. You donā€™t have any MQTT broker running with your HA setup
  2. You have
mqtt:
  enable_mqtt: false

or donā€™t have mqtt section at all in your bwalarm.yaml

1. you started getting errors when updated this component today to the v1.12?

HI
I donā€™t have MQTT broker running with HA

Error only happens with v1.12 released today

Iā€™ve updated my release post as it does not work if you are not using MQTT.
Need to investigate it further.

1. no mqtt in HA
  2. i havent edit anything in bwalarm or stated ā€œfalseā€
  3. errors came after 1.12

There is a fresh new release available that should work for everyone so feel free to check it out and thanks for your patience!

1 Like

the custom panel doesnā€™t work for me, the panel doesnā€™t open, it goes blank, 105.2, Iā€™m

For me it seams to work. Im able to reach panel and setting, lovelace card is showing no errors, logs are fine. Thanks for hard work!