Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Yes please, as long as I can enable/disable with an automation would be great as interim.

I don’t quite get what you mean… 8()

The temporary fix (with no panel) is available for download.

5 Likes

I decided to try to transition to the manual alarm_control_panel, while waiting on the bwalarm update. It requires a bunch of automations, and more config, but in the end it does most of what I needed from bwalarm.
I made a custom Lovelace card (based on the earlier Lovelace alarm panel card), which works with the manual alarm_control_panel, and tries to reproduce the nice appearance of the bwalarm GUI.
I posted the modified card and my entire config, with automations, explanation, etc at: https://github.com/jcooper-korg/AlarmPanel

Here are some screenshots:

5 Likes

so how to fix with panel?

Thank you for this. Just what I was looking for! I have this working.

I’m using this as my base design for the wall panels:

The concept is a picture elements card with nested cards

Does anyone have any idea how I can style the alarm card to match my current fonts? This is what I have so far

- prefix: Alarm System
            <<: *title
            style:
              top: 9.15%
              left: 58.25%
              <<: *title-style
          - type: custom:alarm_control_panel-card
            entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm
            style:
              top: 42.25%
              left: 75.75%
              width: 35vw
              height: 60%
            labels:
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: AWAY
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_home: NIGHT
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.clear_code: CLEAR
              ui.card.alarm_control_panel.disarm: DISARM
            scale: 14px
            states:
              - arm_home
              - arm_away

I have tried applying styles like I do with my other nested cards but it has not worked.

Thanks for this!

Roll back to 0.114 or wait.

but how to config panel custom you can share with me please?

If you are on 0.115 you cant. You have four options:

1. Roll back to version 0.114, or

2. Wait patiently for an update, or

3. Use the Lovelace alarm card, or

4. Remove bwalarm and set up a manual alarm.

Hello mate

Is there is a way to run the HTML panel in a separate web session and not from within HA?

Cheers

Honestly, I didn’t have time to think if it’s possible at all… maybe, I’ll try maybe next week.
But ultimately we don’t need it outside HA, do we?

1 Like

Not really that we need it outside HA but I liked the interface and how to control the sensors and the alarm settings visually

Cheers

@johnplanetz How do you manage the opened sensors? or rather… doing that way, how can you bypass a sensor (if you can) ? noob question :slight_smile:

I set up my automations to trigger when state goes from off to on (i.e. when opening a window). So it lets you arm the alarm with a window open, but if you then close and reopen the same window, it would trigger.
It’s not as nice as bwalarm, where if the window was open, it would warn you when arming, and ask if you want to override it. In my panel card, I show a “not ready” indicator when disarmed, but it lets you arm anyway.

Hey there-
A couple of options for changing the button font style:

Use Thomas Loven’s card-mod.js and add something this to the alarm panel card style config:

style:
  .: |
    button {
        font-family: courier !important;
      }

Or you could just modify the alarm_control_panel-card.js code directly (see the style code starting at _style(icon_style, entity) .

Hope this helps,
John

Thank you!

Hi, I’m looking for a UI configurable alarm for HA, a replacement to manual alarm_control_panel which handles all automations internally.
Would like some extra behaviour like:

• While arming (pending), as soon as I close the front door, proceed to armed_away
  • Allow armed_awayarmed_home transitions (for allowing my vacuum to work)
  • Send push messages when something is going on (like tell me which sensors are active when arming)

Was hoping that BWalarm offers such functionality. But from the docs I read that focus is more on frontend (with floorplan, weather report, clock etc.)? Is there any documentation regarding the state machine and configuration options?

If BWalarm is not a good match perhaps I will make a new integration.
Currently I use the MQTT panel with a node.js backend (since I always thought that HA doesn’t offer anything that fits my needs, and I was scared of python). Now I would like to have something more integrated in HA.

Also I’m reading this:

Since HA 0.115 until further notice this component no longer has a GUI panel and can only be controlled via automations/MQTT commands/Lovelace Alarm Card.

What’s the problem here exactly?
Maybe I could help fixing it (since I also play around with creating custom_components and cards)?

HYML panels are no longer supported. See:

So, if you can convert the HTML include files (panel) to a JS include (single file panel), then do a pull request, we would all benefit! Supposedly it is a straightforward conversion. Unfortunately, this is not a skill area I have.

Chuck

@ceandra I did an attempt, could get it as far as showing a dark grey screen with some blue icons in the bottom.
But the code seems to depend heavily on Polymer and jQuery, while the HA frontend is made with Lit.
I think it needs quite some extensive work to be made compatible again…

Personally I would rather take the route of making a Lovelace Card, with all the essentials to set up an alarm (configure timings, triggers, actions etc.). I see some references to weather, camera, keypad etc.
All of this is already integrated in HA now.