Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Thanks for confirming, @ceandra . That’s just how I use it too, as in this screenshot:

So are Johns’s changes and Lovelace card being incorporated into the main branch or a new fork? Sorry still learning github how works and not sure what a pull means.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I’m seeing this in my log.

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘bwalarm’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘bwalarm’

There is an open issue here as far as I get it right.
Will deal with it soon as it doesn’t look like a big job.

1 Like

Is this being brought back to life? I’m still running so it would indeed be nice if it was updated, if not - what’s the best alternative?

I’m still using it too. If it isn’t broken, no need to update it.

The alternative which I am looking into is Alarmo

The panel part is not functional and needs to be rewritten completely, that’s the main issue.
And yes, I’m going to fix an issue with manifest key soon but it only affects users with current HA.

with bwalarm I have code to be able to disarm the wings but now I give it to disarm and disarm the alarm without the code, how can I make it ask for it, since in the resources file if I have to ask for code

You probably already know, but this happens after the latest update 2021.5.0.

No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'bwalarm'. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of 'bwalarm'

Was working in 2021.4.6

No, it wasn’t. This problem has existed since 2021.3.0

See the solution here: No version key · Issue #129 · akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm · GitHub

Oh, I’m sorry, I just haven’t seen it in my logs then :disappointed_relieved:

@AhmadK
In the logs I see this:

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘bwalarm’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘bwalarm’

were you aware?

Yes he’s aware. See: No version key · Issue #129 · akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm · GitHub

A new release that fixes that “No version key” issue is available for anyone running HA 2021.3.0 or newer.

Sorry for the delay. I cannot test it as my HA is older so please open a new issue on GitHub if something is not working.

2 Likes

Fixed everything for me. Thanks for the update.

can anyone please help me. I installed bwalarm but I am not seeing it in integrations or in the lovelace cards. I installed it via HACS nad followed this guide GitHub - akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm: It is a fork of "Yet another take on a home assistant cu
but I cannot get it working.

The web interface is broken. You have to edit the config/alarm.yaml file. Option details are here:

https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm/blob/9e776bb9cddb8bebf89c02c975f2f2c3d4b4e9c4/custom_components/bwalarm/resources/doc/configuration.md

The 2021.10.0b2 version of home assistant breaks bwalarm.

Thanks @tom_l

The latest release should fix it (and it works with any version of HA)

2 Likes

New beta 2021.12.01b breaks this integration again

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py:54
Integration: bwalarm (documentation)
First occurred: 12:41:28 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:41:28 AM

Platform error: alarm_control_panel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 887, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 530, in get_platform
    cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 535, in _import_platform
    return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 680, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 850, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 228, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 54, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util          import sanitize_path
ImportError: cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.components.homeassistant
Source: components/homeassistant/__init__.py:160
Integration: Home Assistant Core Integration (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:14:58 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:14:58 AM

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/homeassistant/__init__.py:170
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:14:58 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:14:58 AM

[140364263012672] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1495, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1530, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 733, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homeassistant/__init__.py", line 170, in async_handle_core_service
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - cannot import name 'sanitize_path' from 'homeassistant.util' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py)

Going to roll back HA for now :grimacing: