Can't integrate to Alexa Media Player

Hello there.

I’m facing problems, in the last months, while I try to connect Alexa Media Player in my amazon account… in the beggining it just losted connection, and I could easily reconnect it, but now nothing I did make it worked.

Considering the orientation I got in the integration page, I already tried to uninstall the integration, reinstall it from HACS and after manually… I also tried to make a connection using 2FA and without use it. In amazon account, I also tried to change my password, to clean and remake my 2FA key… in the last I tried change the Regional Domain of amazon, considering my country… absolutely nothing works…

Visually, what happens is that I get stucked in this two screens…

I would apreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

I have the same problem!

Try this workaround from Github (posted in the forum by ColtonYYZ), it worked for me.

After you’ve cycled through name, password and back to name, select the option Create Account New to Amazon? Fill in a first & last name (anything at all as not going to matter so “Q W” is quick and easy to type!)

Amazon will then inform you that an account with your email already exists.

At that point re-select “Sign in Already a customer?” and proceed with the email and password windows and then the OTP window should appear.

By that point though, the integration generated OTP has likely expired but you can just enter your current app generated OTP code and it should work.

If it returns to the integration add window and it just sits and spins and never progresses, that likely means the proxy listening session has expired and you’ll have to repeat the process.

I also found this post and I must say that it worked for a couple of hours… then it stopped… I then reconfigured and reloaded the integration, for now it works but I don’t know for how long.

Update, after a while restarting the configuration it works again so for now I have done an automation that reloads the configuration
Alexa media player every 30 minutes… it’s working for now, we’ll see if we need to reload it sooner or later…

@echopage That was my discovery!

@carlosead
The problem is the new three page login sequence with email, then password, then 2SV
AMP was programmed to do the callback after two pages (the way the Amazon login used to be) but gets an “unsuccessful” response after only two pages since the login sequence did not finish all three pages and AMP returns you to the previous (first) page to try again. So…

At this screen, select the first option

Enter “x x” for First and last name and click CREATE YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT

When that fails, select Sign in Already a customer?

The page then changes to show both email & password on the same page. (which is still the first page in the callback sequence)

Now you can select SIGN IN which then proceeds to the 2nd page which is Two-Step Verification

and the callback to HA will then occur where it will test if your email, password & OTP login was successful or not. If not, it sends you back to the first page in Amazon’s new 3 page sequence…