Cant setup Xiaomi Mijia Smart LED Desk Lamp

Thank you all for your replies, I actually have it in developer mode and used the Yeelight platform ,i will try again today in case i did something wrong.

In case someone is looking up this thread: Xiaomi Desk Lamp is actually working with the light.yeelight component. You can set it up via the yeelight APP (enable Dev Mode - now called LAN mode). Then use the light.yeelight component to add it to your hass. Thx @cxlwill !

2 Likes

@hank, thank you very much for your post. I was struggling to connect it. Went the xiaomi route pulling the token from the database, etc, etc and didnt work. This worked right away. Thank you again

Hi Guys, sorry to totally necro this thread, but do any of you see problems with the desk lamp?
I have added it to HA previously but recently the lamp is unavailable/missing in to HA.

1. It has worked well previously
  2. I dont see errors in the HA log.
  3. The lamp is available in Yeelight app.
  4. The local API access is still enabled in yeelight app

Im thinking of reflashing the lamp with tasmota or ESPHome to get it working again.

1 Like

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem since a couple of days. I can’t recall with which version it changed, but since then it shows unavailable in HA.

Does anyone knows how to fix?

Thanks!

For me it was that the component changed from being light to yeelight, which I didnt notice…
See here: 0.91: More streaming, better Zigbee, cameras with ESPHome

1 Like

As @hijinx noted, there was recently a breaking change for Yeelight. Your config should now look like:

yeelight:
  devices:
    192.68.86.1:
      name: Living Room

Mine is working fine on 0.92.1

3 Likes

After searching everywhere on internet, I try to search in that Lamp and found pairing code in the bottom. Just for whom still try to solve this issue

Hi, I tried to fill in the lamp code on the bottom but ha says it is already connected to another controller.
It is connected to the mi app becouse i need to join the wifi network.
I’m stuck with my MI LED Desk Lamp 1S.

s

Solved, I added the Yeelight integration from integrations.
thks

1 Like

I would like to buy MI LED Desk Lamp 1S but in this page https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/yeelight/ I read that MJTD01SYL is not supported. Can you confirm this model works with integration in the above link? thanks

Hi, yes it works.

Mine was working until I made an HA update from 0.118.5 to 2020.12.1… I removed the Yeelight integration and try to add it back but without any success… So for now I haven’t found a solution how to get it back into the HA.

I’m on the 2021.1.1, and the integration works. I have enabled LAN Control in Yeelight application just like for Bedside Lamp or Lightstrip Plus.

I updated HA to the latest 2021.1.1 and my MI Desk Lamp 1S isn’t working. It is automatically found by Yeelight integration but that’s all. Lamp is not listed in devices and there is no entity related to my lamp. Yes I have enabled LAN control as it was needed also in HA version 0.118.5. I can control my lamp via yeelight application without problem.

1 Like

I’m running model MJTD01YL and have the same issue. Auto-discovery finds it, but doesn’t add a device or entity. It did the first time before I updated HA to 2021.1.5

Same problem here, I’ve noticed that the “Lan Control” option is gone in the Yeelight app. There is a webserver running on port 80 but that says “This uri doesn’t exist”. There is no pairing code on the lamp so I can’t add through homekit.

Hi all. I’m no longer able to conect the lamp. Through the yeeelink integration, via IP I have a ‘Failed to connect’ error.
Anyone can help me?

1 Like

Same problem here with the integration of MJTD01YL, tried via yaml and yeelight integration without success.

This is the error i get:

Logger: homeassistant.components.yeelight.config_flow
Source: components/yeelight/config_flow.py:152
Integration: Yeelight (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:44:16 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:44:16 PM

Failed to get properties from 192.168.1.220: A socket error occurred when sending the command.

Found my problem after some googling: Yeelight Bedside Lamp 2 - LAN Control issue after update fw to 2.0.6_0041 - #300 由 Pabert - YEELIGHT Bedside Lamp - Yeelight Forum

It looks with new yeelight app updates they disabled LAN control inside app, i had to install and old yeelight app, (Yeelight 3.2.00 version) and then enable LAN control, after that integration works perfectly fine again.

1 Like