Community Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge

I have the Homebridge add-on working now thanks to the solution provided by @thomashermine on https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-homebridge/issues/64#issuecomment-354573147.

1 Like

Hi all, I am trying to work homebridge with my iPhone for all week. My homebridge is functioning, but homekit app can’t find it.
In home a have Tradfri gateway and this can be found by homekit, and it works. Strange thing I notesed that when I start homebridge on Hassio my Tradfri stops functionting on Homekitapp.
One time I have managed to connect homebridge to Homekit, but in some time (after 30min) it stop working so decided to remove this accessory from Homekit and re add again. But I couldn’t manage to make it visable in the Homekit app again.
Yesterday I instaled Hassio from the start, and on the clean Hassio (just had Samba) add Homebridge, but the result is the same. Working but I can’t manage to make it be found on Homekit.

Any ideas?

I can’t get the Homebridge Add-on to work with the DuckDNS Add-on:

[2018-1-10 11:30:33] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeassistant
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] Registering platform ‘homebridge-homeassistant.HomeAssistant’
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] —
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] —
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] Loading 1 platforms

[2018-1-10 11:30:33] [HomeAssistant] Initializing HomeAssistant platform

[2018-1-10 11:30:33] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.
[2018-1-10 11:30:33] Loading 0 accessories

[2018-1-10 11:30:33] [HomeAssistant] Failed getting devices: Error: socket hang up. Retrying

[2018-1-10 11:30:38] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.
[2018-1-10 11:30:38] [HomeAssistant] Failed getting devices: Error: socket hang up. Retrying

How should the options for Homebridge look like to work with the DuckDNS Add-on?

i have same problem and i fixed it by changing the user name try changing a few character

"username": "A5:12:EB:A4:76:1F",

I forgot to mention that I have try to change “username” and “pin”. I tried to delete persist and accessories folders. Those solutions didn’t help me.

Hi!

I have the same issue as @Mariusthvdb. Homebridge is installed on my Rpi3 running Hassio, the logs says everything works, the Home iOS app finds Home Assistant but then it never connect! I have tried several different iOS devices. Everything is connected to the same network.

I have tried everything, from changing MAC, reinstalling everything, downgrading Hassio, deleting the folders
 I just can’t seem to get the app to connect!

Can you try to minimize the number of items of supported_types in config.json?
See this link for the items I am using. When I had the complete list it wasn’t working for me either.

I tried this also. I left only the scenes, but it did’t helped me.

Hi @frenck. I daily use this add-on and really enjoy it. Thanks for the great work you have put in for the community.
When playing around with manual alarm (mqtt) the last weeks I have runned into a minor bug (I think). In my Home app I can still see an entity id for an alarm, I actually had two for a while (one working and on broken). I have now removed the alarm from homebridge and the working one disappeared as it should, but the broken one still remains. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Edit: It finally went away today. After a random restart off addon. Thanks again for this great addon. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

First time posting here so please be gentle. I’ve been playing around with HASSIO and has installed the Homebridge addon with no issues! Smooth as!

My problem is setting “armed_away” for the alarm via Homebridge, it just stays at “arming” state and doesn’t move. Any ideas how to resolve this?

hi,
what kind of devices is “armed_away”? A switch or a scene etc??

It’s an alarm. You have 4 states: Home, Away, Night and Off. Everything works but the Night mode is bugging out.

HI @frenck

I gave it another try today, unfortunately without success. I still can see all events happening in the HomeBridge log, (which is good, proves the HA - HomeBridge connection is fine)
but still can’t connect the Home-app on my iPhone to HomeBridge.

errors displayed in the log ( one has to be quick, so might have not spotted these before):

*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface hassio.IPv4 with address 172.30.32.1.

and

*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>

so its an Apple thing? Not sure how my Macbook would prevent connecting the HA setup with my Home-app, but anyways, this is it.
How to fix this Avahi-thing in Hassio?

Cheers,
Marius

:tada: Release v2.3.0

Full Changelog

Changed

• Prevents possible future Docker login issue
  • Removes Microbadger notification hooks
  • Pass local CircleCI Docker socket into the build container
  • Use image tagged as test as a cache resource
  • Sets the default visibility to hidden for new installs
  • Upgrades add-on base image to v1.3.2
  • Upgrades Homebridge to v0.4.36
  • Updated maintenance year, it is 2018
2 Likes

FWIW, I’ve gotten those warnings every time since last year when I first started using Homebridge (before I was even using HA and Hass.io). They’ve not caused me any issues.

Yup, those are even documented. I guess reading is not something everybody does

Glad to be able to report that after numerous attempts my Home app finally connected to HomeAssistant. Havent done anything not done before, it just kicked in today with 63 devices under a button now, some double , but don’t nitpick about that.

fwiw these are my settings on hassio 0.61.1 and homebridge 2.3.0

add-on options:

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "avahi_interfaces": "",
  "avahi_hostname": "",
  "avahi_domainname": "local",
  "enable_ipv6": false,
  "packages": [],
  "init_commands": [],
  "plugins": []
}

and Homebridge json, with pin and username changed quite often as per instructions on https://github.com/home-assistant/homebridge-homeassistant and https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge:

{
  "bridge": {
    "name": "Home Assistant",
    "username": "B7:24:CE:23:41:G3",
    "port": "51826",
    "pin": "392-86-163"
  },
  "description": "Homebridge for Home Assistant",
  "accessories": [],
  "platforms": [
    {
      "platform": "HomeAssistant",
      "name": "HomeAssistant",
      "host": "https://mydomain.duckdns.org:8123",
      "password": "password",
      "default_visibility": "visible",
      "supported_types": [
        "light",
        "media_player",
        "switch"
      ],
      "logging": true,
      "verify_ssl": true
    }
  ]
}

Cheers,
Marius

Hi my apologies if this is a silly question. I was able to install the addon successfully and can see HA on Home but it asks for an 8-digit Homekit code. The section where the code should be is blank. I know it’s not the _X-HM://00252WPXF4EL1 code since the ios home code input only allows for numbers.

"Setup Payload:
X-HM://00252WPXF4EL1
Scan this code with your HomeKit app on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:"

Thanks.

Hi I think you are talking about pin (example “pin”: “392-86-163”) that is in configuration json file in Homebridge folder.

Thank you, it worked :smile: