Community Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge

I’m sorry for my confusion, I’m new at Hassio with Homebridge.

I have a RPi 3 with 3 TellStick and 3 switches and installed Homebridge, added the Pin and everything was detected by Home App.

Now I acquire a Xiaomi gateway and made a fresh install of Hassio / Homebridge and when I add the pin in the Home App it only add the Gateway and not the 3 switches and Xiaomi gateway.

Any ideas on this?
I’ve look into the thread but not found the solution.

Thanks,

Getting No space left on device is it Logs??

/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/mdns/lib/advertisement.js:56
  dns_sd.DNSServiceRegister(self.serviceRef, flags, ifaceIdx, name,
         ^

Error: dns service error: unknown
    at new Advertisement (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/mdns/lib/advertisement.js:56:10)
    at Object.create [as createAdvertisement] (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/mdns/lib/advertisement.js:64:10)
    at Advertiser.startAdvertising (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Advertiser.js:47:30)
    at Bridge.Accessory._onListening (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Accessory.js:661:20)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at HAPServer.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at HAPServer._onListening (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/HAPServer.js:190:8)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventedHTTPServer.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at EventedHTTPServer.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/eventedhttp.js:65:10)
Found user 'avahi' (UID 86) and group 'avahi' (GID 86).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
write(): No space left on device
Failed to create PID file: No space left on device

And Yes I’m on 2.3 build

So, I’ve seen improvement last I tried on Hassio 0.59.2 and using the latest updated Homebridge addon (0.2.3.2)…

Logs appear within the homebridge addon panel, whereas before this was not working, so that is good.

Yesterday, I decided to retry the homebridge app. I fired it up and saw the PIN displayed in the panel. I then added my home assistant to the homebridge and it found it easily. I completed the setup of numerous devices and all was good. Having control of devices from the Apple Watch is pretty sweet! :smile:

However, my success appears to have been short-lived.

The next morning, all accessories in the Home app showed “no response” after a period of time … about 16-24 hours from what i can tell and they have remained that way - so something’s still not right.

Questions:

• anyone else experiencing these symptoms? (Homebridge silently dropping offline)
  • how do I fix / prevent this from occurring?

Thanks in advance. If I can solve the stability issue, then this will be a must have addon.

Hi everyone !

I’d like to know if it’s possible to have homebridge running twice ?
I explain, i got 2 iPhone and when i connect one of them to homebridge, i’m not able to connect de second one, i Heard about sharing homebridge through iCloud but i can’t because my iPhone is Ios9 running EVE EL GATO to have Homekit.

Thanks helping me and really good job !

You have to do family sharing. IOS has updated. The way to use homekit from multiple apple id. Need family sharing.

Hi @Sunonline
Thanks for reply

I don’t want to update because my iPhone is jailbreak, and the other iPhone isn’t with the same iCloud id but runs ios 11.

Can i do the family sharing nevertheless ?

let the device that run ios 11. create the family sharing, before doing family sharing. let homekit from ios 11 add the devices from homebridge first. then do the family sharing to invite other apple id then other ios and other icloud that has been invited will be able to use homekit.

I have multiple devices from different apple id(icloud). All can use by inviting them from family sharing.

From the phone that have add homebride in the homekit look for the arrow sign (top left on homekit page). You can invite people from there.

I’ve tried this, but it doesn’t work, it says that my Apple id doesn’t exist, and i’ve tried the opposite add homebridge to the ios9 it says “ok” but Notting happen to the ios11

alright, some info in the logs at least … just updated hassio to 0.62.1 and did a restart of homebridge after enabling IPv6 for testing … Logs show the following. Can someone help recommend next steps? Not sure if I need to install the mDNS module it refers to or not. Have never seen this anywhere:

starting version 3.2.4
[services.d] done.
Found user 'avahi' (UID 86) and group 'avahi' (GID 86).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32 starting up.
WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!
Successfully called chroot().
Successfully dropped remaining capabilities.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv6 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface hassio.IPv6 with address fe80::42:96ff:fe29:2db8.
New relevant interface hassio.IPv6 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface hassio.IPv4 with address 172.30.32.1.
New relevant interface hassio.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv6 with address fe80::c654:44ff:fe8b:ff9a.
New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv6 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv4 with address 192.168.10.155.
New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for fe80::42:96ff:fe29:2db8 on hassio.*.
Registering new address record for 172.30.32.1 on hassio.*.
Registering new address record for fe80::c654:44ff:fe8b:ff9a on enp1s0.*.
Registering new address record for 192.168.10.155 on enp1s0.*.
Server startup complete. Host name is smarthome.local. Local service cookie is ...

any help is appreciated!

@frenck Would it be possible to upgrade homebridge to version 0.4.38?
Homebridge-hue requires a later version then the version you’ve included in the dockerfile 0.4.36

Is there a way to install a forked homebridge plugin that’s not listed on NPM? I’m currently running the homebridge-nest plugin which installs this version of the homebridge-nest plugin. Unfortunately it hasn’t been updated in several months so I’d like to run this forked version which incorporates a lot of fixes. I’m also trying to do this with a forked version of the homebridge-harmony plugin.

Hey @frenck

Absolutely love your addon but I’ve been having some trouble with it for some time and I’ve finally narrowed down the root of the symptom.

I have 6 devices visible to HB. If one of them on according to HA when I open the home app, the home app will mark all accessories as ‘updating’ until they timeout. After the ‘no response’ appears, I can tap those accessories I know are already off and they will appear as off. I can then use HB and the Home App to turn them on and off as intended.

I can not then try and update and control an accessory which is causing the error by being already on after gaining a response from the now ‘working’ accessories.

Does that make any sense? I noticed it would update when I’d open Home App at work when nobody was home and it would update.

RPi2 running 0.63 but I’ve been having this problem since roughly 0.59/0.60
The log isn’t telling me much.

Really hope you can help :slight_smile:
I’ve tried reinstalling, clearing accessories etc even removed cloud9 after that appeared to work in another thread.

Cheers mate

Lint

I just moved my build from AIO to hassio and applied the homebridge plugin. First up thank u very much for this plugin. Worked like a charm.

I had a seperate RaspPi with a Homebridge instance much before I discovered HA and was reluctant to retire it.

Now I’ve taken the plunge and this works awesome !!!

My only gripe is when HA restarts all my z wave devices ( which I have heaps of ) are lost from the iOS Home app. And I have to manually restart home bridge and re-add all of my z wave devices to iOS Home app. Obviously redo all of the automations.

Any solution for this please ?

Hello!
Getting this since a few days, can’t find a way to fix it :frowning:

Host name conflict, retrying with unknown-388

Maybe try new username the MAC address in the homebridge config file.

:tada: Release v2.4.0

This version was focused on implementing the new and upcoming Hass.io API security layer.
It also upgrades Homebridge and the Home Assistant plugin.

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds addon logo and icon
  • Warns the user when not using the Hass.io Proxy address
  • Adds support for auto configuring Hass.io API security key

Changed

• Updates base image to v1.3.3
  • Updates homebridge to v0.4.38 #80 (@funnybutrandom)
1 Like

Thanks! That would mean I will have to re-add my accessory so previous setup (room organisation, accessories, etc) won’t work.

Before I have to re-do all my Homebridge setup it might be interesting to see if this is a bug or some kind of error in the code

Maybe check the homebridge-homeassistant GitHub project for known issues or solutions.

This add-on simply encapsulates this project.

will do, thanks!

He I know this is old but I found in your update log a date error, so you can see in the picture