Community Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge

I’ve corrected the date error… as shown in your picture :wink:

Hello guys!

I’ve noticed that these new accessories has appeared after the latest update:

I like this idea of controlling the air flow power on my climates accessories but would like to hide them out. Is it possible? I have now one of these “fans” for each climate configured on my HA setup.

I have not set “fan” for supported_types on my config, neither on my HA devices list on the dev tab., that is why I am confused.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I am trying to install the ‘Homebridge’ addon for the first time on HA and getting the following error. I am new to HA and kind of clueless on how to fix this versioning issue.
Thanks.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] 10-homebridge: applying... 
[fix-attrs.d] 10-homebridge: exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] 20-dbus: applying... 
[fix-attrs.d] 20-dbus: exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] 30-avahi: applying... 
[fix-attrs.d] 30-avahi: exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge v2.4.0
 HomeKit support for your Home Assistant instance using Homebridge
 By: Franck Nijhof <[email protected]>
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
Log level is set to INFO
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 02-updates.sh: executing... 
INFO: You are running the latest version of this add-on
[cont-init.d] 02-updates.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 03-version-requirements.sh: executing... 
Version 103 is not a valid version.Error: "No Major.Minor.Patch elements found"FATAL: You Supervisor version is: 103
FATAL: This add-on requires: >=0.82.0
FATAL: Please consider upgrading.
[cont-init.d] 03-version-requirements.sh: exited 1.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing... 
                Oops! Something went wrong.

We are so sorry, but something went terribly wrong when
 starting or running this add-on.

Be sure to check the log above, line by line, for hints.
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: exited 0.
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

This has been broken due to a change in the output of the Hass.io Supervisor API, which is shipped with Supervisor 103.

This change has been reverted in Supervisor 103.1. To update do the following:

If you are running 103 or older, an update button would appear right after. Hit it, to install the Supervisor 103.1. After this is done, everything will function normally again.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I couldn’t figure out what happened! Cheers bro!

I’m still getting a error, supervisor is updated

500 Internal Server Error

500 Internal Server Error

Server got itself in trouble ^ SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 at JSON.parse () at Request.request [as _callback] (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeassistant/index.js:101:38) at Request.self.callback (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeassistant/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22) at emitTwo (events.js:126:13) at Request.emit (events.js:214:7) at Request. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeassistant/node_modules/request/request.js:1163:10) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at Request.emit (events.js:211:7) at IncomingMessage. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeassistant/node_modules/request/request.js:1085:12) at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30)

Is this from the broken supervisor?

Another issue appear indeed! Seems to be another one with the Supervisor. We are looking into it and wil get back to you asap.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll check in the morning.

I appreciate you and your work!

Issue seems to be fixed now in Supervisor 103.2.

To upgrade:

1 Like

Nice! HomeKit stopped working last night, now I was looking into a solution and directly found this thread (trough google) with the solution. I could have searched for hours without finding this one!

Thx alot, that’s what I love about Home-Assistant, things get solved quickly!

1 Like

@frenck Thank you for the quick response. I might have bunch of more questions later as I am planing to using the homekit with non off-the-shelf products.

1 Like

:tada: Release v2.5.0

This release is exciting, at least, for me it is. I’ve been working on this for months! And for you? Well, almost nothing changed :stuck_out_tongue:

So what did change? I’ve updated the workflows of the Community Hass.io Add-ons project. Things include:

• Replaced CircleCI and CodeClimate. We are now using GitLab CI, backed by a couple of custom servers building and testing these add-ons.
  • All add-ons are now scanned during built and release by Clair to prevent security issues in our add-ons.
  • All add-ons are constantly scanned and monitored by Anchore.io. We will be notified immediately in case of security issues occur. (Major thanks to Anchore.io for helping us out!)
  • The add-ons repository is now entirely generated and automatically synced with all the add-ons. This ensures repositories are in sync, never forgotten and releases are almost instantly.
  • The base images that these add-ons are built on are entirely revised.
  • All add-ons have been updated to follow the Docker best practices. These are checked on every code change by GitLab CI.
  • All add-ons had maintenance. All software is updated to the latest and greatest and the documentation has been revisited.
  • There are now 2 bots in place on the GitHub project. The Add-ons Assistant is helping us out with the GitHub issues and pull requests and the AddonsBot is fully active taking care of updating code across the different GitHub Repositories.
  • We now have Edge & Beta add-ons repositories available. This allows everybody to test the latest and greatest (in case you don’t care about stability that much, or just wanna help out!)
  • I’ve removed all the PayPal, Bitcoin, … buttons. If you’d like to show your appreciation, then please, just buy me a coffee.

So that’s quite a lot, right? So what changed in this specific add-on?

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds .yamllint configuration
  • Adds all architectures to add-on config
  • Adds Probot configuration
  • Adds add-on README template
  • Adds Gitlab CI
  • Adds option to run Homebridge insecure (#94)

Fixed

• Fixes Markdownlint warning in License
  • Fixes hadolint warnings
  • Fixes Markdown linting warnings

Changed

• Replaces Changelog with GitHub releases
  • Updates README
  • Upgrades Homebridge to v0.4.42
  • Upgrades add-on base image to v1.4.1

Removed

• Removes CodeClimate
  • Removes CircleCI
4 Likes

Hey everyone, got working homebridge on my phone, then failed to connect mothers and fathers iphones. When I delete myself - I can add one phone, but then nothing, iphone just does not see the home assistant. What am I suppose to do to connect more than one device?

You can share your “home” with other people within the Home app.

1 Like

Hello my homebridge on hassio is not working!

Is giving me a error!

Error loading shared library libexpat.so.1: Exec format error (needed by /usr/bin/dbus-daemon)
Error relocating /usr/bin/dbus-daemon

Originally posted in Discord but thought it may be more meaningful here…

Hello all, I am moving to hass.io from a raspbian install and I need to use the Homebridge add-on to control an old receiver through serial. With that I need to install the homebridge-denon-rs232
plugin along with the Homebridge add-on. From the logs I can see that the plugin requires [email protected] node package and tries to compile it from source but errors out on:

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/serialport/src/serialport_unix.o
…/src/serialport_unix.cpp:32:26: fatal error: linux/serial.h: No such file or directory
#include <linux/serial.h>

Is it possible to do what I am trying to with hass.io? I am new to resinOS / hass.io so still working my way around not having direct terminal access…

Thanks for any help!

Resolved my issue by installing the linux-headers package as part of the homebridge add-on.

:tada: Release v2.6.0

Full Changelog

Changed

• Moves build-env to latest
  • Upgrades base image to v1.4.2
  • Upgrades git to 2.15.2-r0
  • Rewrites GitLab CI
  • Upgrades base image in GitLab CI to 1.4.2
  • Updates Homebridge to 0.4.43
  • Updates node-gyp to 3.7.0

Hi guys,

Has anyone had success with legacy Lifx as yet? I’m getting the below :confused:

[2018-6-24 20:10:02] Loading 1 platforms...
[2018-6-24 20:10:02] [HomeAssistant] Initializing HomeAssistant platform...
[2018-6-24 20:10:02] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.
[2018-6-24 20:10:02] Loading 0 accessories...
Load homebridge-lifx-lan.LifxLan
[2018-6-24 20:10:02] [homebridge-lifx-lan.LifxLan] Ignoring LIFX Platform setup because it is not configured

This is a pretty clear error message. You need to do some configuration. Please check the manual of the plugin you are trying to use.

PS: Use code blocks for logs, code and configurations

1 Like