Community Hass.io Add-on: Shinobi Pro

Alright! I think I got this under control. I documented every step I took to make sure this was installed correctly and I’m working on the next steps. Thanks for the tip on the “/super” part. Now I’ll bang my head against the wall as punishment.

I bought an old dual xeon build from a friend over the weekend with 24 gb of ram (slight upgrade from my RPi, lol) and I have a true NVR in my home assistant installation now! Thanks, @frenck!

1 Like

how can i add an usb webcam to it ? using rpi 3

Noticed that the RAM usage meter in Shinobi is pegged in the 95% to 98% range. I’m guessing that’s why an added monitor dies when trying to view (it does render a preview on the sidebar however).

Using the System Monitor component in hass.io itself shows that there’s only about 56% memory usage.

Awesome work as always @frenck ! thank you.

1 Like

Awesome work @frenck i use almost every addon you made, really good work!! keep it up!

one question/request is there any chance that i can use my nas share to storage history, i can see the i can use the function called addstorage but im not able to “mount” my nfs share via the hass addon image.
im running generic hassio on ubuntu and on the ubuntu i do have the share mounted.
sorry for the n00b question :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mounting external drives/networks shares is currently an issue with Hass.io (hopefully it gets solved in the next OS for Hass.io).

Nevertheless, I remembered seeing an option within Shinobi for writing to WebDav, maybe that is a possible use case / solution?

Hiya, any ideas on local usb webcam?

1 Like

I do not have one, so I’m not sure.
Maybe try the Shinobi forums or Discord channel?

Have you, or have you seen anyone using this on a Pi 3? Memory use seems to be pegged near 100% within Shinobi, but not on the Pi in general.

indeed what will do it, right now im look at the openCV option, it seems like to be CPU hungry :frowning: compare to ZM. anyone using it? but Webdav seems to be the way to go :smiley:

Hi Uiguy, just a question that you might be able to answer on - you have a couple of cameras connected to your shinobi, do you use openCV for motion detections? or do you just record 24/7?

Hi,

TO be honest, I have not fully migrated all my functions from Zoneminder yet. For recording/motion etc I still use Zoneminder. The trigger for me to fully migrate is when there is a Shinobi component. I actually only intend to run 1 USB webcam off my HA and then have a dedicated server for the main Shinobi instance… AFAIK, the Shinobi Pro addon does not support Shinobi add-ons just yet… I belive it is a docker container of Shinobi which is not entirely supported by Shinobi…

Sorry I couldn’t be more help

1 Like

I use it on Pi 3,
It report memory including “cached” this why its near 100%

Performance is very good for viewing one 1080p RTSP camera,

Viewing this stream through VLC or HA it stutters or hangs but with Shinobi its fluent, seems it manages to use Pi’s hardware acceleration

on Pi3 to show CPU usage, needed to edit /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/a0d7b954_shinobi/conf.json this line “cpuUsageMarker” to “CPU” capital letters

@frenck im trying to use the secondary storage via json config in addon, any chance you can add that?
the reason i request that, is that i can use webdav via addStorage :slight_smile:

ex.
“addStorage”: [{“name”:“second”,“path”:“http://user:[email protected]/shinobi”}],

url about using addstorage. (ignore the db stuff at first)
https://shinobi.video/articles/2017-08-26-how-to-use-multiple-storage-areas

When i select the detector , it detects the “clock” changes , so it gets focused on it .
im sure that is not the intention , is there a way to limit the detection zone for future movement video trigger? ,

:tada: Release v0.2.0

This release is exciting, at least, for me it is. I’ve been working on this for months! And for you? Well, almost nothing changed :stuck_out_tongue:

So what did change? I’ve updated the workflows of the Community Hass.io Add-ons project. Things include:

• Replaced CircleCI and CodeClimate. We are now using GitLab CI, backed by a couple of custom servers building and testing these add-ons.
  • All add-ons are now scanned during built and release by Clair to prevent security issues in our add-ons.
  • All add-ons are constantly scanned and monitored by Anchore.io. We will be notified immediately in case of security issues occur. (Major thanks to Anchore.io for helping us out!)
  • The add-ons repository is now entirely generated and automatically synced with all the add-ons. This ensures repositories are in sync, never forgotten and releases are almost instantly.
  • The base images that these add-ons are built on are entirely revised.
  • All add-ons have been updated to follow the Docker best practices. These are checked on every code change by GitLab CI.
  • All add-ons had maintenance. All software is updated to the latest and greatest and the documentation has been revisited.
  • There are now 2 bots in place on the GitHub project. The Add-ons Assistant is helping us out with the GitHub issues and pull requests and the AddonsBot is fully active taking care of updating code across the different GitHub Repositories.
  • We now have Edge & Beta add-ons repositories available. This allows everybody to test the latest and greatest (in case you don’t care about stability that much, or just wanna help out!)
  • I’ve removed all the PayPal, Bitcoin, … buttons. If you’d like to show your appreciation, then please, just buy me a coffee.

So that’s quite a lot, right? So what changed in this specific add-on?

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds .yamllint configuration
  • Adds all architectures to add-on config
  • Adds Probot configuration
  • Adds initial add-on README template
  • Adds Gitlab CI

Fixed

• Fixes Markdownlint warning in License
  • Fixes hadolint warnings

Changed

• Replaces Changelog with GitHub releases
  • Upgrades add-on base image to v1.4.1
  • Updates README
  • Updates Shinobi Pro to 4bf071a
  • Improves git clone strategy
  • Changes default ports to 7440 and 7443
  • Updates port numbers in README

Removed

• Removes CodeClimate
  • Removes CircleCI
3 Likes

Wow, that is very exciting! Congrats on what looks to be an amazingly streamlined add-on base!

1 Like

Great work @frenck
Any plans on component to connect Hassio to Shinobi? Something like component for ZoneMinder?
At the moment I have Shinobi on separate RPi and in Hassio I am just using URLs to camera feeds from Shinobi.
Or maybe you have suggestion how to integrate?

Thank you for this Add-on, works like a charm!

Any hints on when we’re able to use plugins?