Community Hass.io Add-on: Shinobi Pro

@frenck thanks for the effort to get Shinobi up and running on hassio.

I wonder if anyone has hints as to how to install things like the OpenCV plugin on a shinobi addon running on hassio? (ref: https://shinobi.video/docs/object)

thanks

@boota, currently this is not possible. There are plans to bring these into the add-on in the near future.

HI @frenck, congratulations on your hard work. The NVR idea for hassio is very appealing :slight_smile:

I just installed today the add-on, logged in as superuser and created a dashboard account for myself. Once I’m there, I can’t manage to configure the 2 ip cameras that I have in my flat.

Before giving Shinobi a try, I did manage to display one of the two cameras (the other is an ONVIF rtsp that wouldn’t work) by introducing this configuration in the config file.

camera:

• platform: mjpeg
    mjpeg_url: http://local_ip/videostream.cgi?user=user&pwd=pwd

shame on me I guess because not even with a working configuration already, have I managed to configure the camera properly. This is the information displayed in the log file:

Process Unexpected Exit 27 minutes ago
msg : Process Crashed for Monitor : MuJL5lmiPc
cmd : -loglevel warning -r 5 -reconnect 1 -f mjpeg -analyzeduration 1000000 -probesize 1000000 -re -i "http://localip:80/videostream.cgi?user=user&pwd=pwd" -an -c:v mjpeg -f mpjpeg -boundary_tag shinobi -q:v 15 pipe:1 

Any idea what may be wrong?

On another note, how does one access shinobi from a smartphone?

Thanks in advance,

One important thing to note is that with the mjpeg camera, I do have managed to see a thumbnail on the left side of the screen with Shinobi. That is indeed positive. Unfortunatelly, as soon as I click on the thumbnail expecting to view the stream in full screen mode, it all shows up as black.

I’ve run a probe on the two configurations and these are the results:

ffprobe version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2007-2017 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 6.4.0
(Alpine 6.4.0) configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-avresample --enable-avfilter --enable-gnutls
–enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid
–enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-postproc
–enable-pic --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-libxcb --disable-stripping --disable-static
–enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libopus --disable-asm --disable-debug libavutil 55. 78.100
/ 55. 78.100 libavcodec 57.107.100 / 57.107.100 libavformat 57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100 libavdevice 57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100 libavfilter 6.107.100 / 6.107.100 libavresample 3. 7. 0 / 3. 7. 0 libswscale 4. 8.100 / 4. 8.100 libswresample 2. 9.100 / 2. 9.100 libpostproc 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100
[h264 @ 0x74e0e450] Overread VUI by 8 bits [rtsp @ 0x556dc840] Failed to open codec in
davformat_find_stream_info [NULL @ 0x74e0e450] Overread VUI by 8 bits [h264 @
0x74e0e450] Overread VUI by 8 bits [rtsp @ 0x556dc840] Could not find codec parameters for
stream 0 (Video: h264 (High), none(progressive)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value
for the ‘analyzeduration’ and ‘probesize’ options Input #0, rtsp, from ‘rtsp://192.168.1.32:5544/live0.264’:
Metadata: title : Session Streamed by LIBZRTSP comment : live0.264 Duration: N/A,
start: 0.024250, bitrate: N/A Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), none(progressive), 90k tbr, 90k
tbn, 180k tbc Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 64 kb/s [h264
@ 0x74d48aa0] Overread VUI by 8 bits Could not open codec for input stream 0
END

ffprobe version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2007-2017 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 6.4.0 
(Alpine 6.4.0) configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-avresample --enable-avfilter --enable-gnutls 
--enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid 
--enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-postproc --enable-pic 
--enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-libxcb --disable-stripping --disable-static --enable-vaapi 
--enable-vdpau --enable-libopus --disable-asm --disable-debug libavutil 55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
 libavcodec 57.107.100 / 57.107.100 libavformat 57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100 libavdevice 57. 10.100 
/ 57. 10.100 libavfilter 6.107.100 / 6.107.100 libavresample 3. 7. 0 / 3. 7. 0 libswscale 4. 8.100 
/ 4. 8.100 libswresample 2. 9.100 / 2. 9.100 libpostproc 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100 [tcp @ 0x56650620] 
Port missing in uri http://foscam_n8908.kitusnetwork.no-ip.biz:/videostream.cgi: Invalid argument
END

Hi again, I removed all my cameras from Shinobi and let it discover my devices instead. It did spot the ONVIF camera but when I loaded the configuration suggested, I still can’t see a thing. @frenck, any chance you could help me figure out what’s going on? That would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance,

anybody? :frowning:

Did you find a work around for adding plugins?

Nope, still on the to do list, nevertheless, it is slowing making it onto the top of my list :wink:

Coffees incoming on completion :slight_smile: ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have timestamp working for their streams? I’ve set the Font Path to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf, which exists on my Hass.io server (running on Ubuntu). But no timestamp appears in the stream nor recording.

That reply doesn’t make sense.
Assuming /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf is your host… so its not in the container…?
Hass.io runs Docker, which means everything is containerized.

OK. You confirmed what I figured. I was just following the default example within Shinobi’s settings. So where do I place fonts for Shinobi to access? I’ve never understood fully how to access the containers within the Hass.io Docker integration.

So, I’ve tried placing my fonts in the the following directories as well, but have not been successful.

/share/shinobi
/config/www
/www

Put the font in the data folder that is exposed via the samba shares. That is mapped to /data in the containers.

I’m confused. The Samba addon doesn’t appear to expose/map the data folder. https://www.home-assistant.io/addons/samba/

This is not true. Ignore this answer @e1miran.
I do not have a answer for you at this point, so I’m sorry about that.

Not a big deal. Thanks for your hard work @frenck

Hi All

Shinobi looks awesome and is just what I was needing so I jumped in and updated to a Pi3B+ with HassOS 64bit and thought I would migrate to Shinobi from iSpy/Hassio frontend onvif/mjpeg cameras

Well, I thought wrong. After getting all back up and running and surprisinlg not pissing of the wife, I have installed Shinobi and got stuck getting my cameras to display

This is what I get

First issue:
I have two cheap knockoff foscam cameras that if you goto http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/videostream.cgi?loginuse=XXXXX&loginpas=XXXXX you get the live feed from the camera in a web browser but I just cannot get them to display anything

Second issue:
I have some Sricam cameras (AP005’s & AP008’s), They use rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/onvif1 and display a small thumbnail of what the camera is pointed at but do not get the live stream just a black screen

So, Both types of cameras work 100% as a onvif or mjpeg camera in Hassio front end, iSpy and VLC

The knockoff cameras I just have no idea what the settings are needed even to display the thumbnail

The Sricam I think maybe that the official instructions on their website say to setup in iSpy you have to change the transport to UDP which I did and they work and I also had to do in Hassio frontend

So, I need two things

1. How do i setup the knockoff’s
  2. How to set the transport on Shinobi for the Sricam cameras

Any help would be great

Man, what you describe matches 95% my scenario. I too have a foscam knockoff (FI8909W) and I too access the stream via http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/videostream.cgi?loginuse=XXXXX&loginpas=XXXXX. On the other hand, I too have a cheap ONVIF camera. Both streams are accessible through VLC and ONVIF manager (the latter). I have embedded the stream comming out of the foscam in HA but (and this differs to your writing - that’s why I say 95% :slight_smile: ) I have not managed to access a working stream from HA. I even see that thumbnail on the foscam! :slight_smile:

At some point I was advised to take this to the Discord chat in Shinobi and after exchanging a few configuration files and log files with one of the participants, I was advised to instance a full Shinobi on a 18.04 Ubuntu the ninja way in order to pinpoint whether Shinobi or Hassios’ architecture is the culprit.

Unfortunately I temporarily can’t replicate the scenario. If you have the time, maybe you could follow that recomendation and report back? I would appreciate it a lot.

Here is what I have to put in the Hassio frontend (Just the basics you need)

configuration.yaml
ffmpeg:

If i get chance I will post in Discord, but was thinking that I might build a ubuntu server to test if it is possibly a hardware limitation of the Pi3B+