Compass Card - Points you in the right direction 🧭

Hi,
I’m reading this 3D that is very informative, the reason I’m writing is that apparently I don’t see decimals values in the card. The wind value comes from a template. What I did wrong?

Found it! :slight_smile:
There’s a parameter, decimals, that it is set to false by default.

1 Like

Like the docs say!

1 Like

You beat me to it!

Don’t worry, it was on me to begin with! :slight_smile:

Hey Tom, I don’t suppose you are looking for a project to keep you out of trouble during the holidays? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, one like that is also present in Domoticz, one of the reasons for me to make a compasscard in the first place.

There already is a feature request for history, so this would fit nicely :wink:

However, there is a little two year old that I have to keep out of trouble during the holidays, but how knows, maybe I get insomnia and need something to do :wink:

1 Like

Ha! Yeah that will certainly keep you busy. Hope you both have a great day.

What setting causes those notches to be created inside the circle? Thanks

Look at the URL in that image. It is the ecowit app/webpage. Not the compass card.

Old post I know.
But I have the same problem as kongjudas, dont know if you got the card config from her/him, and had a look at it. If you didn’t , I can send you mine. (I have not used card mod.)

Hi, yes please send yours.

Or if you could add your config to this issue on github that would be even better: Resize the circle to fit the same square like the neighbour cards · Issue #170 · tomvanswam/compass-card · GitHub

I’m still thinking of a way to implement this, but a config example would help.

Hi, I would like to ask you for help with adding a Compass card. Unfortunately, I can’t do it.
I enclose the screens of my settings.

At first sight, I cant see anything wrong in you config.

Did you reload the page after adding the resource? You can do this by pressing ctrl+r.

Unfortunately I’m niet close to a computer, so I’m not able to reproduce IT before somewhere mid next week.

Thank you for the quick response. I did a reload over F5 and it didn’t work.
Now everything is working fine. I am a beginner.
Thank you for a great wind direction card.

1 Like

I would like to ask one more question.
Is it possible to set the text 2. to have the same size and font as the text 1.? See attached screen.
I would like to use the basic size and font of the text, which I use for all other tabs also directly in the tab to display the wind direction.
Now I would have to solve it so that there will be text 1. But that does not look very nice.

As described in this post the card is styled similar to the sensor-card. As the sensor card has a different title styling to entity cards you get the result you descibe.
A possible workaround would be to use card-mod to change the title styling to your liking.

1 Like

Dear Tom your Dashboard looks amazing and I am a newbie it is possible to share your Dashboard settings and Theme?
Thanks Matthias

No, I no longer use that theme.

Installed your card and I liked it. Thanks. How can I add swedish to the set of languages?
Also, not quite sure aboy how to change size of compass?

1 Like