Costco Feit Dual Outlet Outdoor Smart Plug

The outlets are not controlled independently. Either both are on or both are off (and this is the case whether ESPHome/Tasmota are used or if the stock firmware is used - it’s how the hardware is set up).

Makes sense. Thank you!

Could someone walk me through the YAML, having a bit of a hard time understanding whats happening.

Status_LED, gives you a status of all components, got it.
binary_sensor is to detect the state of the physical button and toggle the relay on or off

Output I dont fully understand, its looking at GPIO5 as the actual relay on/off?
but at the switch entry there is GPIO12 thats also getting turned on?

edit i understand, this device has two status LEDS… got it.

I got a two pack that was BPPLUG/WIFI/WP/2 which is what the OP has and they flashed just fine, i picked up two individuals that look exactly exactly the same and even have the same headers but will not flash, perhaps another chipset?

These are labeled PLUG/WIFI/WP

It looks like they did board revision. If you look at the other side of the PCB, you’ll find that the TX, RX, IO0, and GND pins are all now on the ground plane (they are fake now). there is a different RX and TX soldermask on the back side. I’m going to try to flash with those shortly

I just bought the two-pack yesterday and could not get them to flash either. If anyone is successful with getting these flashed I would be grateful to hear how you did it.

How did it go? Any luck?

The two pack should still be functioning if they are labeled WP/2, did you make sure you didnt get your TX/RX configuration mixed up? If you use a regular FTDI you should go TX - RX and RX-TX

No luck. I have flashed plenty of other devices, even ones with much harder to find pins. These ones are all labeled and you can just pop a jumper in, but I cannot get it to flash. Is there some trick or something to it?

No luck flashing these. They are using a Beken 7231, a pretty detailed thread is here: Unknown Tuya Chip. Looks like they aren’t ESP anymore.

Important note: The item number on my plug is BPPLUG/WIFI/WP/2. The FCC ID is SYM-PLUGWFBTWP

Buyer beware.

It looks like there is plenty of room to pull the MCU off and swap to ESP… but I don’t know if I have the drive to do that.

I’m thinking my next option is to use my pfSense firewall to quarantine these devices so they can’t see any other devices on the LAN and just use the tuya component in HA

Yeah you can also return them and pick up some of the BN-LINK’s that are still flashable too

@ideal2545, I did not know about BN-LINK stuff. I think you are my new favorite person. Thank you!

BN Link outdoor wifi plug on sale today, going to pick up a couple

Hey guys, i needed another type of these plugs for some garage tools where it gets really dusty, decided to try this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB63CYN/ and it flashed no problems, but it did require a bit of soldering. This nice thing about this one it has two individual relays.

1 Like

That link didn’t work for me, but https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB63CYN/ does :slight_smile:

EDIT: this link no longer works either.

That’s the one! I posted a quick and dirty write up with pics here since this is the FEIT thread.

Hey all,
For those who land here added this for the Teckin SS33: Teckin SS33 Outdoor Wifi Plug

Actually, now you can flash beken chip devices over the air with an esphome port using tuya-cloudcutter.

Its like tuya-convert, so now I’m specifically looking for beken chip devices. On beken devices, its all OTA, but after tuya-convert’s exploit got patched, esp devices require soldering.

I myself flashed Feit smart switches from Costco with great success. I used my trusty raspberry pi but any debian linux box with AP functionality will work.

1 Like

This is old thread, but in case anyone searches…

A lot of the later Tuya devices will have patched firmware and tuya-cloudcutter will not be able to exploit OTA now.

I bought a 2-pack of those WiFi Remote Control smart outlets that are branded as “Prime” but look same as the Feit ones. Was $11.99 CAD on sale. They are firmware 1.1.15 which is not exploitable.

I think tuya-cloudcutter is good for old/existing devices that one may happen to have around and want to exploit, but I would not recommend buying any Tuya device just to re-flash with ESPHome or Tasmotoa etc. - there are better options. The hardware is also junk… .when I took one apart to examine the chip, the hot wire fell off and I had to resolder… wires not even tinned, looks like was welded onto the AC receptacle. Being an outdoor plug that could get banged around, this wire could have broke off and caused hazard. Returning to Costco.

Yeah. Got a smart plug on aliexpress and it had a beken chip on 1.1.15. Couldn’t flash it OTA.

If the device has accessible serial solder pads, you can still flash OpenBeken over serial.