Unkown tuya chip

The Tywe2s is actually an esp :slight_smile:

My module is labeled MS-104 on the box. Chip is labeled Model: WA2, P/N 2.22.29.00001.

Main PCB is labeled Dz1WF1MdM V1.1 and the daughter board that holds the chip and relay is labeled Dz1WF1MdS V1.1. The left side of the daughter board has the 2 terminal for switching the relay’s 5v coil, and what appears to be an unpoppulated R13 and D5 (likely to be a LED that tells you when the coil is energized.
Pinout is 5 pins that I can see with labels hidden by the PCB. I cannot see the other side.

Images for reference:

Thanks for this. I’m going to try this today with two of my WB2L devices.

You’re welcome :smiley: . Let us know the end result, if you plan on doing this any time soon

4USD? This is insane. :slight_smile: Would’ve bought a couple myself. But swapping the modules is time consuming, so one has to add that to the cost…

Looks exactly like the ones I just modded. See Roger’s how to and his add-on reply (rule1 not req’d any more).

Tight fit, barely closing:

edit: this new-user-3reply-single-img restriction is ludicrous.

1 Like

I’ve converted new moes WiFi+RF switch module to tasmota.

It has a WB2S chip. I think it’s a new version of WA2. I’ve changed it with an ESP01
I’ve upload my work here:

English is not my native language, I hope It is be readable by anyone.
5 Likes

good work on the pdf. i wonder if the tywe2s can work as a drop in replacement.

1 Like

I see both modules are physically compatibles, so if you have a TYWE2S with Tasmota the template must work. But is TYWE2S cheaper and easy to buy than ESP?

Another device from ali with BK7231U… EnwYe Smart GU10

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000300642135.html

Modele ZZ-S15181

Is that any newer knowledge about the ‘new tuya’ chips?
Can be they flashed with ‘tasmota’? Without replacing them with ESP?

No, there is currently no alternative firmware, open source or otherwise.

Hello,
I have recently buy two MS-104B (MoesHouse) from chinese BG store.
Opened to change WB2S with BK7231 chip with ESP12 I have see this is connected to main board with 8 pin. Looking schema of jump board I see also the pin used are different.
From one side I have on main board +3.3V | GND | PWM 0 | PWM 2 |
Other side starting side of +3.3 I have RX | PWM 1 | PWM 5 | PWM 4 |
With a tester I have see:
the Relay 1 is commanded thrue PWM 0 (also I have a brief low level on PWM 5)
the Relay 2 is commanded thrue PWM 2 (also here a brief low level on PWM 4).

In next days I will try substitution, but my question is anyone have found what doing other pin except power supply and 2 command of relay?

And as reported in document reported by @Miguel_Alvarez on his post #72 there are module +RF: any info about this?

Hi Giovanni
I’ve also changed WB2S with ESP12 in this double relay model. I forgot to publish the document. Here it is:

I want to thank @whacky_wheel who sent me one of his modules after I burned mine
1 Like

Has anyone replaced WB2S on sockets like this with power metering? As I understand it’s just a matter of correctly soldering PWM to PGIO and then mapping in tasmota for correct functionality?

Also a space seems to be quite tight, wondering if anyone managed to squeeze it in?

2 Likes

in the same situation with the same WB2S chip
the wb2s and the TYWE2S looks similar
was wondering how to connect all the GPIO’s and get the power monitor working

1 Like

update: did the organ transplant
works like magic

1 Like

@speebman Did you get power monitoring working, how did you wire up?

i used this guide https://medium.com/@peter.feerick/converting-a-medion-life-smart-plug-to-tasmota-dff741bfc35e

1. flash your esp12 with tasmota
  2. unsolder the wb2s (the same chip as the Tywe2s)

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/wifibt-dual-mode-module/wb-series-module/wb2s-module-datasheet?id=K9ghecl7kc479

3.mark what pin on the board connected to what pin on the wb2s

connect the esp in the same way as the wb2s

4 Likes

Hi @speebman,

I have the exact same device with the WB2S chip.
I also turn out to have an esp 12-F, esp M3 and esp M2.
Based on the pins that have to be connected I think that both esp M2 and esp 12-F should do the job and I will try to do it with them.
What I was wondering was what is your configuration that you use in Tasmota to show the power monitoring?
Could you share it here?