☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

New Update

2024.06.24:
  - Breaking change: 'prevent_higher_position_shading_end' changed to new parameter 'prevent_lowering_when_closing_if_shaded'
  - Added: Limited templates for enabling automation triggers
  - Added: Shading sensor 2 is also checked again during shading
  - Fixed: Occasionally sun shading was performed without checking the weather conditions
  - Fixed: The ventilation position was not set correctly when closing the roller blind
  - Fixed: At the end of sun shading, the system no longer moves to the ventilation position
  - Fixed: Sun shading is now also calculated outside the configured times and can be taken into account when opening.
  - Fixed: Option "Prevent the cover from closing immediately after deactivating the lockout protection"
  - Many thanks to Eimeel and Bostil

Please note the breaking change:

prevent_higher_position_shading_end changed to new parameter prevent_lowering_when_closing_if_shaded

Another issue

Shading temperature sensors have been split up in terms of terminology. Both continue to function.

However, shading_temperature_sensor1 should now be used for the indoor temperature. And shading_temperature_sensor2 for the outside temperatures.

Why? Because the outdoor sensor is used or can be used as a kind of fallback or additional option for the forecast sensor. I have described this in detail in the descriptions of the input fields.

2 Likes

Was really awaiting this one … directly updated the Blueprint and also changed my Outdoor-Temperature from Sensor 1 to Sensor 2. Your idea to check Sensor 2 with Forecast Temperature sounds very smart.

Still appreciate your enthusiasm here in order to further improve this lovelyBlueprint and always take care of suggestions and problems :smiling_face

Thanks for the credits by the way, but I’m just doing what I can with sharing (too many) traces :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. But that wasn’t my idea.
@Eimeel used to do it that way and I deleted it. He explained the background to me and I took it up again

1 Like

Hello,

I try your fantastic bleuprint. at this time I’ve one question. I need this :

But how can I see my cover is in manual mode ? How can I get back to automatic mode after switching to manual?

An other question, how can I close the cover when I’m not at home and I forget to close its window ? Which option do I have to use to make this? I have a Windows sensor and I use zone.home = 0 for presence.

This cannot be recognized directly.
You would only be able to see in the helper that the value “manual” has been set to “True” in the JSON.

Huh, what does that have to do with it?
Your roller blinds can still be closed by time, brightness or sun. That also works when you’re not at home. Or where exactly is the problem?

You are also welcome to take a look at the resident sensor.

Its a securtity. If i forgot to close the window, the cover down when nobody is at home.

For your first answer I dont understand how the system come back automatic mode after the manual action

You only need to move the roller blind to a configured position

Hi,

I try to make the CCA work with a cover of my bedroom. I want it to close and open based on sun position, temprature and weather forecast. For automation options i’ve selected:

• Enable control (to open/close) via sun elevation
  • Enable automatic sun shading / sun protection control (i don’t have shading sensors)

I’ve created a ‘Status-helper Mats-last-cover-event’ as input_text and defined the max char lenght in the yaml to 254 to store last value of cover-state.

I’ve used suncalc to check what Altitude- and Azimuth ranges to use, configured temperature and think my forcast entity is correct. But the covers don’t close (or open). And I just can’t find how to use the debug in such a way i understand what is (not)happening. Can anyone give me some hints?

tracelog is over here: trace automation.screen_automation_mats 2024-06-25T20_03_26.059167+00_00.json - Google Drive

Sorry but I don t understand. What is a configurated position ?

I if I decided to close the cover in the evening for a nap and open it two hours later, what I have to be sure that the cover closes when the sun is down?

• Open Position
  • Close Position
  • and more

But why did you activate these four options? You have to uncheck them.

Because if I decide to go into manual mode the cover doesn’t have to move until I want it.

• Wetransfer
  • Pastebin
  • Google Drive
  • and more

Perfect, bug is fixed!
Thank you.

1 Like

Your trace doesn’t contain a trigger. Short: Wrong trace

But:
I can see that you don’t have enabled the following options:

• Enable automatic daily cover opening
  • Enable automatic daily cover closing

You have just enabled “Enable control (to open/close) via sun elevation”. This is additionally for the first two options.

I have already adapted the text several times so that beginners understand directly what it is intended for. But apparently it doesn’t fit perfectly in English yet.

I’ll think of something.

What I told you was not quite right. I had confused it with the force function.

The position is not important. You have to deactivate the feature for an action (opening or closing).

That’s kind of strange, of course. But how else is this supposed to work?

Or do I have to build in that a fixed position (Close=0) deactivates the overwrite mode?
But this can also have side effects, can’t it?

Do you have a suggestion?

To be honest, I’ve been testing with those two first optioned enabled, but at that time I still didn’t add the Helper.

So, thank you kindly, I’ll enable those options and test them tomorrow.

For the options to be more obvious to enable, you might consider other naming, like:

• Enable generic automatic daily cover opening (this automation part is paused otherwise!)
  • Enable generic automatic daily cover closing (this automation part is paused otherwise!)

Or replace them in total for a pauze enable button/handle?

1 Like

Perhaps the manual mode (after some intervention) can be reset to default (automatic) on the next day? So that the automatic behavior starts again from after 0:00?

What I am doing at the moment in my actual cover automation is a binary Switch which pass at off when a manual movement is detected. This binary has to beat on for the automatic system came back.

If you have this kind of system and a security mode like I describe Yesterday your automation will be wonderful for me.
Another thing you can add in your blueprint is the possibility to close the cover in winter when the sun is not on the window the keep warm inside.

Sometime (when I have gest for exemple) I want to stay on manual mode several days.

Does temperature sensor 2 also work correctly when “prevent_forecast_service” is active?